Pinball Games - Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, etc

bradigor

Bastards! Its taken my Speed Machine score but not my Extreme 60 whatever score that plumped me at the top of the friends leaderboards. Beware recording times offline gents.

EDIT: Ah it has recorded them. Just not on the summary tables at the top menu.

Request sent! I think I have everybody in this thread now - including Nap. If I'm still missing someone, please send me a request, tag in sig.

Oh and how the fuck do I go to my friends list on the redesigned xbox.com?? I end up in the friends center every time, but no list to be seen - what am I missing?

Aha! I see now, thanks for the tip :) It's a bit shit that it takes so long though, isn't it? I don't remember it being this slow even on the old xbox site!

It was instant previously :( I thought it was broken myself the first couple of times I loaded the page.

I'm going to add a few random names from here if you don't mind. If I missed you (and you want a relatively easy score challenge) then add me up : FastFastGo

Yup, I've done the same. I am "peeveen", if anyone needs some highscore table fodder.

Grrr. Managed a decent score on Pasha & Biolab, but just spent the best part of an hour failing to get anything half decent on Secrets of the Deep. Grrr.

Too addicitve.

Phew! 58.8M on Secrets of the Deep. That'll do pig, that'll do.

I love this, loved Fantasies and Dreams too, but it has to be the single most painful game to play with CTS. No option to change the trigger functions either. :( Can only play it for like 10 mins max, and hurts like a bastard the day after.

Fuck. Other trigger happy games have a much lesser effect, racing games can hurt but nothing on this scale, and SHMUPS, while causing pain, can be ignored as its fairly low level.

Seems a bit weird as you would have thought MW or MW2 would have you pressing the triggers as often .. maybe its just one of those titles that makes you press harder rather that gently squeezing one or two off.

If you know what I mean.

:twisted:

I love this, loved Fantasies and Dreams too, but it has to be the single most painful game to play with CTS. No option to change the trigger functions either. :( Can only play it for like 10 mins max, and hurts like a bastard the day after.

Fuck. Other trigger happy games have a much lesser effect, racing games can hurt but nothing on this scale, and SHMUPS, while causing pain, can be ignored as its fairly low level.

Seems a bit weird as you would have thought MW or MW2 would have you pressing the triggers as often .. maybe its just one of those titles that makes you press harder rather that gently squeezing one or two off.

If you know what I mean.

:twisted:

Have you tried using the bumpers instead? I can't use the triggers for any length of time either. This probably affects some of the accuracy in that you can't adjust the strength of shots in the same way but I just smash the ball at full strength 99% of the time anyway.

Don't like Rome, the table is just too busy.

And i suck at this game far too much :(

Yeah, I'm finding Rome to be hard to get a decent score on; it doesn't help that it's not obvious what "Mock Warfare" and "Justice" are on about! Right, once more into the breach...

Hmm, real pinball tables have no analogue control so I'd be surprised if it made any difference to use the triggers over the bumper buttons. I play exclusively with the bumpers at any rate. Got a decent score on Secrets of the Deep just now, number 3 in my friends leaderboard :)

That makes sense. I just thought I'd read somewhere that lightly pressing on the triggers won't make the top flippers activate but I think I'm just making stuff up. In that case there is no reason to use the triggers, it's just too painful to play with them on this.

Have you tried using the bumpers instead? I can't use the triggers for any length of time either. This probably affects some of the accuracy in that you can't adjust the strength of shots in the same way but I just smash the ball at full strength 99% of the time anyway.

Ill give that a try, fingers crossed! Or not!

It seems to be the action of the index finger that triggers (sic) it off though, but as I said it may be to do with the speed you press it as other genres are a lot less painful.. with pinball it just seems impossible to calmly trigger the flippers for any length of time, I try not to "snatch" the action but in the heat of a mad multiball its all but impossible :)

Yeah, I'm finding Rome to be hard to get a decent score on; it doesn't help that it's not obvious what "Mock Warfare" and "Justice" are on about! Right, once more into the breach...

I'm with you on that. The guides are incredibly hard to understand, doubly so if you're not familiar with all the pinball lingo. Think I'm getting a handle on whats what on 'secrets of the deep', but the rest are mainly baffling.

Having said that, I just posted a tasty 17.3M. I think that's enough for tonight!

Re: book of tales, you need to hit the ball with the top left flipper into the palace - I find it easier to tuck it in if you're hold the right flipper down so there's a bigger gap:

post-167-056119300 1288563224_thumb.jpg

I know it's the wrong thread, but there's no Zen Pinball thread so I figured this is as good a place as any.

Are there any online guides to each of the tables letting you know how to get any half decent scores? I just spend most of the time not being able to get anywhere near 7-8 million and I think people are reaching billions!!!