Pinball Games - Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, etc

bradigor

It plays lovely, but EVERYTHING about this that isn’t the pinball play itself is fucking annoying. Is there any way of turning it all off? I don’t want to hear about any ‘single player’ shit when I finish a game, just give me another credit instantly and let me get on with Medieval Madness.

Can’t help feeling this is a real step backwards from Farsight, which as ugly as it was interfacewise never came between you and the pinball for a second once you’d started it - which was also instant. I’m also not convinced the Switch is a superior home compared to the iPad, which really was the perfect size and shape for pinball.

12 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

What? Is there any way to re-enable it?

I am sure I read somewhere it is something they are looking into. It's all to do with licensing and the age rating on the game, etc that is causing issues, from what I remember. 

Add me up on PS4 if you want some terrible scores to laugh at: MutantCamel

I'm obsessed with Medieval Madness classic mode currently. I think they've done a splendid job although the castle and ball lock shots seem more narrow than on the real thing.

8 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

Vertical orientation on the Switch is excellent but I can’t find a view on XBox One that comes close to being even acceptable.

I usually play on PC in portrait, but I was having a go on Fish Tales on Xbox last night and thought that sitting really close to the TV and using view 6 (one of the panning ones that I wouldn't usually touch with a bargepole) was actually really great, certainly compared to the others where I just wasn't getting a good view. Might just be it fits that table though.

Got to say I'm really impressed with this "proper" table, and it's interesting to see/feel the differences between the standard and classic physics modes. More importantly it's fun in both regardless so I'm glad there's an option to choose, with separate scoreboards for each.

But no Bally or Williams tables on PA, right? What decent tables are left there?

On 28/06/2018 at 12:21, Riven said:

You've got about two days left if you want to buy any of the Bally or Williams tables on PInball Arcade before they all get pulled on June 30th 2018. There's 96 table at the moment (including kickstarter only The Addams Family Gold) which will leave the service with only 34/33 remaining, pending if both Doctor Who tables go. One was a FarSight design, but it used video elements and table design from the Bally game, so likely will also go.

4 minutes ago, smac said:

But no Bally or Williams tables on PA, right? What decent tables are left there?

Yeah they're gone. It's still your best bet for licensed tables at this moment, although I've no idea what's good - I've never really got on with PA in general from the demos I've tried. You can try all the tables, I think (right?)

37 minutes ago, Wizcat said:

Wikipedia list looks accurate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinball_Arcade

(Greyed out rows are tables that are no longer available, unless you bought before the cut-off period)

C'mon - this has to be a sneaky Wiki edit from that list:

Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons

No. It's legit:

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/whoa-nellie/whoa

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Wizcat said:

Wikipedia list looks accurate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinball_Arcade

(Greyed out rows are tables that are no longer available, unless you bought before the cut-off period)

Wow, they got decimated.

I note their roster still includes Starship Troopers and Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, both wonderful pinners. Other than those though, I think every one I bought on iOS is greyed out.

But it means they can’t bring them to Switch. Based on the horrendous garbage that surrounds the genuinely delightful version of Medieval Madness on the Zen platform, this prospect does not fill me with joy.

Although I’ve not tried out PA on Switch yet, it could be just as bad. But that would be quite incredible.

Oh wow. The censored parts in Medieval Madness make absolutely no sense. :wacko: Why would you redo your physics engine only to then stumble over this? It's not even subtle, it's just a large "CENSORED" on display. Speaking of, the new engine makes the table feel a bit "sticky". But that might just be getting accustomed to the settings a bit.