Pinball Games - Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, etc

bradigor

Picked this up on switch and never paid it much attention but the Williams Bally tables got my interested. 

Bloody hell this game is brilliant! But I’m not! I did Just crack 50 million on Medieval Madness though which made me feel god like! Totally let down my potential score with a very poor second ball and a couple of wasted multiballs.

Got to get the kids to bed pronto so I can get back to it!

• 3 months later...

Not unless you've bought it already, they lost the license to Williams tables a while back. It might show up in Pinball FX at some point.

The arcadey pub along the road has changed their machines. They've now got Tales From The Crypt (which is perfect for pinball puns, Axe-tra Ball, High Goring etc :D )   and Deadpool (which is shite)

On 14/03/2019 at 13:37, mwaawm said:

Can I play Adams Family anywhere other than on my phone as yet (pinball arcade)?

Do you know if it ever came out on a disk? I was after Terminator 2 which has been removed from the online stores for the same reasons, but found it on disk on cash generator for £3

• 3 months later...

I never noticed but there are now 4 Williams table packs on FX3, all currently on sale on Xbox / PC (plus a handful of other table packs). Here's the newest couple:

Volume 3: THEATRE OF MAGIC™, SAFE CRACKER™, and THE CHAMPION PUB™

Volume 4: WHITE WATER™, RED AND TED'S ROAD SHOW™, and HURRICANE™

1 hour ago, Skull Commander said:

Any recomendations on the Williams stuff? 

The Pinball FX Williams tables are all great. Volume 4 has the newer flipper physics, but the other tables will have this added in the next update and in any case, the physics are great all round.

Volume 1 or 4 are probably the best selection of tables, but there’s classics in 2 and 3 too. Can’t go wrong.

2 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Any recomendations on the Williams stuff? 

The reccos you’ve already had. But be sure to get Theatre of Magic, which is a superlative pinner in every respect. Possibly the best of the lot.

Is this separate from the now-ended Steam sale? Not that I need any more tables, I must have a good 25+ I've picked up down the years.

Would really love the to put the old Street Fighter 2 table back up there, it's not going to happen is it? :(

45 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Is this separate from the now-ended Steam sale?

That's my fault, when I said Xbox/PC I meant it's because they're cross buy between the Xbox One and Windows 10 version, it's a Microsoft specific sale. 

Just been looking at what I own on FX3, on the Steam version I've got 58 tables and on the Xbox/Windows version I've got 59 67 tables, but out of those only 26 are owned on both systems. Does that mean I've got 99 distinct tables? It's a right mess, whatever. 

• 1 month later...

Played a couple of recentish Sterns,

Star Wars, which I I hated. Basically the same horrible playfield as their Game of Thrones table with the added annoyance of a big LCD screen playing footage from the movie. Already their big LCD screen games feel dated next to lovely dot matrix.

Aerosmith, which was okay. Couple of fun gimmicks, a launcher (like Stern NBA) which flings a ball through the air field into a toybox and then when the toybox is full and when you trigger multiball (you can actually choose to hold off on multiball until you have 3,4,5 or 6 balls locked) they all come spilling out (like Indiana Jones). Another big LCD screen though.

More importantly I actually won some cash on the last couple of tournaments on the batman machine near me. That basically means I'm a professional now.

6A753668-21FC-4F3E-B3AC-CCE67E929340.jpeg.22eab573207bdbb9c63f1a01a776a90d.jpeg

£8.92!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really enjoying Star Wars Pinball on the Switch, I've only played a couple of these tables before so having 19 of them all at once to play is a bit overwhelming! The single-player campaign mode is pretty neat too, it takes you through various challenges on different tables and is a great way of getting an overview of everything that's in there.

Vertical play makes this the best version by far although it pretty much means you have to use touchscreen controls which isn't ideal (you can use the bottom joycon but hardware limitations means it can't register more than one input on the d-pad simultaneously, so you can only use one flipper at a time - far from ideal). But the HD rumble makes the touchscreen controls surprisingly tactile and it's a reasonable stopgap until my FlipGrip arrives.

I think it's sold appallingly though, even my hamfisted first attempts at tables I've never seen before are getting me into the top 500 on the leaderboards.