Pinball Games - Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, etc

bradigor

58 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

If I was going to splash out on a PC for virtual pinballing what sort of spec should I be looking at?

This is the recommended:

Processor: AMD Ryzen R5 1400 (4x 3.2/3.4 GHz) 8MB Socket AM4 CPU BOX

Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400 CL16 (16-16-16) RAM Kit

Graphics card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GT LP 4GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/DP Low Profile graphics card

I upgraded to a Ryzen 7, 16GB RAM and GeForce 2060 in order to future-proof.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

I've seen videos of tables with headtracking before and they blow my mind. 

I think that guy even has the eyes of Sauran tracking you in his circular screens for the LoTR table :blink:

Screenshot_20220210-165001.thumb.png.c63356420814abb0314045b765a52fa1.png

3 hours ago, PikaStu said:

The AtGames table is currently available for $400 in the States… saw a guy in a Facebook group post a photo of a bunch in a supermarket.

Wish we could see those sort of prices across here!

4AE3D1ED-7116-43DB-8EBE-7F4C77F6B838.png.edc50466165794aff7c59bf892fec1ca.png

Oh yes please! Think they come out over here soon? For 800 quid.

10 hours ago, Parappa said:

Oh yes please! Think they come out over here soon? For 800 quid.

Liberty Games are doing preorders for £899. A bit too much for me sadly, even though I know you can attach a PC and play VPX and Pinball Arcade. 

Mind you, I’d happily drop that amount on yet another guitar without a second thought, I guess it’s weird how the brain works lol.

1 hour ago, PikaStu said:

Liberty Games are doing preorders for £899. A bit too much for me sadly, even though I know you can attach a PC and play VPX and Pinball Arcade. 

Mind you, I’d happily drop that amount on yet another guitar without a second thought, I guess it’s weird how the brain works lol.

Yeah still a bit pricey for me and if you need to attach a PC to play VPX then I think I will look to other options. 

A few EM machines have just been added/updated across the usual sites. 

I love checking those out just as a curio more than anything. 

Just had a blast for 30 minutes on Black and Red.

8 hours ago, bradigor said:

Urgh, the whole thing has gone wrong, nothing is loading :( 

Not sure what happened, but it's pretty easy to re-install.  Will have a look for the txt file later today for you but I would recommend a VPX re-install.  Shouldn't be too difficult.

2 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Not sure what happened, but it's pretty easy to re-install.  Will have a look for the txt file later today for you but I would recommend a VPX re-install.  Shouldn't be too difficult.

Yeah backed up tables, ROMs, etc wiped and reinstalled. Now just adding back tables as I play then rather than everything. 

I've gone without the PinUp Popper and PupPacks for now to keep the install as light as possible. I wasn't using them anyway as I don't have a cab to make use of them and I've honestly not got much from the Pups

Going to Astro City in Southend today with my son. It has 4 tables there (Street Fighter 2, Monopoly, Jack-bot, Jokerz) so going to pick one (likely Jack-bot) to set a score and see how I compare on the VPX version.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Going to Astro City in Southend today with my son. It has 4 tables there (Street Fighter 2, Monopoly, Jack-bot, Jokerz) so going to pick one (likely Jack-bot) to set a score and see how I compare on the VPX version.

I went to NQ64 in Manchester the other week and had a spin on a table that I cant remember what it was. What I do remember was that I was terrible at it! (Drink may not have helped) 

AstroCity was ok. However Street Fighter was down and Jack-Bot felt off. 

Couldn't juggle at all and the right flipper kept getting stuck. Also I swear the table was leaning to the left as when I had a ball trapped in the right flipper it would slowly roll off. 

Need o find somewhere better

15 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Lucas loved it though and we are now looking at booking a weekend in Daventry in August for Pinfest. :lol:

Think I might be there for that. Seems to be best way to play tables as some in the wild are not the best looked after sadly. 

17 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Think I might be there for that. Seems to be best way to play tables as some in the wild are not the best looked after sadly. 

Mini meet

Woo yeah. Mini meet at Daventry. Send me a pm if you're serious about booking and I'll pass over contact details for discounted room rates at the hotel

You would need to book soon though as rooms are likely to sell out. (Or stay elsewhere close by of course)

Offer open to any forum regulars

Friday 26th through Sunday 28th.

Still working out some details. Friday is likely to be tournament games only until the evening (and then evening session is VIP only).

Saturday 10.30am through 6pm free play, then evening session for VIP tickets

Sunday is 10.30am through to roughly 5pm (or possibly longer depending when the tournament finishes)

I'm told the discount rate isn't secret so:

Call 01327 307000 and make sure you speak to Hollie at the Mercure Daventry hotel, and mention you're booking for UKPinfest to get rooms at 

£73 per night b&b twin/double room (or £63 for single room)

You can also email Hollie at HA0I0-RE@accor.com (yes that really is the email address!)

You'll also need tickets for the event: http://www.ukpinfest.com/booking/