Pinball Games - Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, etc

bradigor

@Parappa You mean the controller? I just bought one of these sets EG Starts and then made a box to put it in. (Although actually in this build I did actually include a couple of buttons from another set to give Bradigor 6 buttons on top)

Then it's just a standard windows USB controller, you figure out what numbers the buttons are and set the vpx controls accordingly. 

JasController.jpg

27 minutes ago, Cheeko said:

You mean the controller? I just bought one of these sets EG Starts and then made a box to put it in. (Although actually in this build I did actually include a couple of buttons from another set to give Bradigor 6 buttons on top)

Then it's just a standard windows USB controller, you figure out what numbers the buttons are and set the vpx controls accordingly. 

JasController.jpg

Thanks will give this a go I think! 

Excuse the potato quality video, but this is proving popular with at least one member of the home!!! (She wants me to make clear she got 13m on that go)

Can't thank @Cheekoenough for getting that made for me. Money well spent. 

I am setup with PinUp Popper. 

Follow this guide.

https://nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

Can probably skip down to the section starts 'STOP! BEFORE YOU INSTALL PINUP SYSTEM FILES…'

Then follow Section E precisely. The videos are rally good. If you get stuck, I'll send you the details of my layout. 

You do need both PinUp Player and PinUp Popper ideally and it is worth having both in the mean time. 

Here is my folder structure (ignore 'Tables' in the root of D: as that is just a backup)

image.thumb.png.f27e8c7da1c176044f2da27603c4a39e.png

I wish I could make my own backglass and then PupPacks. 

I had to create a custom overlay for Goonies to with properly and look good with the DMD. 

Now I have a taste for it

Slowly getting there but my problem is something I have had in the past - I can get my DMD showing on the other screen but there is no Backglass artwork for me to position it on.  I am just running the table from Pinup Popper front end.  Do I need pup packs for that or is it just not showing it?

image.thumb.png.2dc0e9891772802625e6ab1d15e2d2cf.png

Yeah each table needs a identically named directb2s. 

Create a folder called backupb2s in the tables folder too. As you need to remove the directb2s if you want to use a PupPack. 

Remember to run the bat file for chosen pup option in the PupPack folder. 

Hope that makes sense. If not I'll explain with pictures when home 

By the way if you want or need any custom wheels or overlays let me know.

I had to create a new wheel image for Adventure Time and a better fitting Pup overlay for Goonies.

Need to sort one for hook too as the DMD is an odd shape

How are you getting on with the setup @Parappa

I've spent the weekend sorting my playlists and adding wheelart for each manufacturer and decade. SO I can easily play by mood. 60s through to 2020s. I might do a playlist to split SS and EM machines too. 

Also, getting a selection of curated tables together including the top 30 from this list...

https://thepinballchick.com/the-pinball-arcade-complete-buyers-guide-table-rankings/

@Cheeko my son has decided he needs a box and wants to build it himself. 

Any chance of a link to the parts you got and where from please? 

He is going to make a cardboard box version as we can't do the woodwork 

Here's one for you. Backglass on second screen. Why the buggery do the grills barely ever match with the DMD? I have to simply accept a 'this'll do' solution. For example...

Look at Lord of the Rings... I can either have it like this...

image.thumb.png.d6f799aaf08d34075c5ee967c35deb10.png

Shrunk right into the grill with massive black space either side, or I can make the DMD cover right up to the speakers to hide the cut out. 

I am thinking of just making my own Backglasses if it is possible to edit existing one to just fix the grills. 

Unless I am missing something obvious with positioning.

Can someone do me favour and post your camera settings for lotr if you haven't edited them? (Those using vertical) Can find them here...

image.thumb.png.2c4e48b6f56616eecc3b24b05f227cfe.png

Select 'Toggle Backglass View' on the left side, then under 'Properties' on the right choose the camera tab.

I think I have messed with my layback as the table is acting funny, but can't find default value to be sure.