Jump to content
IGNORED

Pinball Games - Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, etc


bradigor
 Share

Recommended Posts

@ZOK

 

Del;ete any ROM files you have in ../Visual Pinball/VPinMAME/roms so the folder is empty

Delete the Fish Tales vpx file from ../Visual Pinball/Tables (DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER FILES... you should have a bunch that start b2sBackglassServer and the like)

 

Download this Zip and follow the instructions in READ ME FIRST.txt

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17AC4DOY_8TSp1fIkuUbvykl5sd5lwsP1/view?usp=sharing

 

Shout if you have any questions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, bradigor said:

@ZOK

 

Del;ete any ROM files you have in ../Visual Pinball/VPinMAME/roms so the folder is empty

Delete the Fish Tales vpx file from ../Visual Pinball/Tables (DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER FILES... you should have a bunch that start b2sBackglassServer and the like)

 

Download this Zip and follow the instructions in READ ME FIRST.txt

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17AC4DOY_8TSp1fIkuUbvykl5sd5lwsP1/view?usp=sharing

 

Shout if you have any questions. 


Cheers, I will give this a go!

 

This whole thing made me remember I have a pinner sim on the Switch (Pinball FX?), I’ve been playing Champion Pub on it, it’s great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw on that page they are asking for people to take a look at tables that haven’t been done yet, I’d like to contribute something to the community so had a look into how to do those colorised dmd designs. Nope, absolute nightmare :D so many forum threads of people trying it, it’s like setting up vpx x5 levels of nonsense. Painful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Cheeko said:

I saw on that page they are asking for people to take a look at tables that haven’t been done yet, I’d like to contribute something to the community so had a look into how to do those colorised dmd designs. Nope, absolute nightmare :D so many forum threads of people trying it, it’s like setting up vpx x5 levels of nonsense. Painful.

Yeah, I really wanted to contribute something back as well.  Had a look at Deadflip's how to create a VPX table and gave up after about 2 days of trying to create an original Wu-Tang table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, bradigor said:

@ZOK

 

Del;ete any ROM files you have in ../Visual Pinball/VPinMAME/roms so the folder is empty

Delete the Fish Tales vpx file from ../Visual Pinball/Tables (DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER FILES... you should have a bunch that start b2sBackglassServer and the like)

 

Download this Zip and follow the instructions in READ ME FIRST.txt

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17AC4DOY_8TSp1fIkuUbvykl5sd5lwsP1/view?usp=sharing

 

Shout if you have any questions. 


This is brilliant, thanks! Totally works. The only thing I can see that’s deferent is there is an additional table file I didn’t have, the .directb2s one, was that the issue?

 

Now the table screen is running on screen one for me (the laptop), but I want to run it on screen 2 rotated so the screen can be in tate orientation…how do I get that going?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a bit more of a faff but totally doable. Talking Edith to watch Liverpool women today, so if no one else helps I'll sort you out later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, bradigor said:

That's a bit more of a faff but totally doable. Talking Edith to watch Liverpool women today, so if no one else helps I'll sort you out later


Hey don’t worry, I’m not in any rush! You’ve been more than helpful already, enjoy your day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Demon's Tilt is going to be free on Epic games as of the 24th :)

 

I'll deffo be downloading it as I played and loved it on my Xbox One when it was on Game Pass, but there was (for me) an issue with the sound where I just couldn't hear the speech clearly. There wasn't a volume / sound effect setting (that I could find) which I see the PC version has so it'll be good to give it another go.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Demon's Tilt is going to be free on Epic games as of the 24th :)

 

I'll deffo be downloading it as I played and loved it on my Xbox One when it was on Game Pass, but there was (for me) an issue with the sound where I just couldn't hear the speech clearly. There wasn't a volume / sound effect setting (that I could find) which I see the PC version has so it'll be good to give it another go.  

Thats cool - its also getting PS4 physical release with soundtrack. 

 

Its also happens to be a bloody good game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/03/2022 at 15:14, Parappa said:

Thats cool - its also getting PS4 physical release with soundtrack. 

 

Its also happens to be a bloody good game. 

Yeah I really liked it but the lack of clarity on the speech (C64 digitised like!) made it tricky to pick up on what the bonuses / objectives were. I guess I could’ve consulted a guide but that would’ve taken away the enjoyable “discovery” part of pinballs that I really enjoy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been playing about with Pinball Arcade, FX3 and VPinX more, with my rotatable monitor. Tell you what though I’m really tempted to order the AtGames Legends Pinball table… I’d sell my MAME cabinet to free up space, and the fact I can connect a PC to the ALP and play TATE shmups as well as pinball I’d never be off it!

So tempting!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gave this a go earlier, is it me or does it feel like the ball is offset from the background? It just doesn’t feel like it’s connecting with anything at all and then suddenly it’s flying around some rails, but then there are also moments where it grabs the ball and randomly sends it round in a circle or something, it’s kinda odd. The flipper action is bit all over the place too, like an old spectrum version of a pinball game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cheeko said:

Gave this a go earlier, is it me or does it feel like the ball is offset from the background? It just doesn’t feel like it’s connecting with anything at all and then suddenly it’s flying around some rails, but then there are also moments where it grabs the ball and randomly sends it round in a circle or something, it’s kinda odd. The flipper action is bit all over the place too, like an old spectrum version of a pinball game.


I agree about the unrealistic physics. I find turning the ball trail on in the option helps with tracking where it is - as it can whiz about a bit. 

It has exploding heads though. And the occult. And a great sound track. 

 

It’s very reminiscent of Devil Crush on the pc engine in tone which is possibly the retro game I return to most. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

VPin Workshop, the talented group who are known for the most realistic and graphically accurate recreations of pinball tables, have just come out with their first ever original table called Blood Machines.  It is based off of this weird little sci-fi movie that no one has ever heard of: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6197070/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

 

What is most exciting about it, besides the gameplay that I've seen, is that the music is composed by Carpenter Brut, an amazing darksynth artist who I've followed for years.  And to experience the table fully and play it the way it was meant to be played, you will need to purchase his soundtrack for 5 Euros (https://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com/album/blood-machines-ost?fbclid=IwAR0kw1MuiyTbTKnchYZ5Knbyu1AQgbibienv1ScRsYAFOKkdbkFw-XxdzcI).

 

Here is the link to the table: https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/9847-blood-machines-vpw-original-2022/?fbclid=IwAR2aqXLxETMZFeMXMCZqVDyQX-0oMHflGjLRQYE3gZ_u9LpPePlFLohIis4

 

image.png.dd1133fb6b143d9a031c0aec7181395c.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ordered an issue of Pinball Magazine, just arrived this morning so haven’t had a proper read yet but looks great, a bunch of in depth interviews and info on various tables and the industry.
 

Came with a bunch of cool postcards too.

 

D4FC4017-7BCF-46B3-987A-C8CF621B9E69.thumb.jpeg.3b5e55d36ae27cc24651ca78b9bc0821.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s been on the backburner for a while but I finally finished my latest controller, tried to step things up from the one I made for Bradigor, gluing different wood types to create the stripe etc, works a treat though and glad to not be faffing with the keyboard anymore. 

 

0C2E6BD4-1BDA-4EE5-836A-F833D739EE37.thumb.jpeg.30f4407c311b11718877cc6d7f12d831.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.