gamesTM Issue 13

strider

Looks like the mag is now out, so here are the scores for you all.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - GC 8/10

Project Gotham Racing 2 - XB 9/10

1080 Avalanche - GC 7/10

Tom Clancy's Ranbow Six 3 - XB 8/10

Tony Hawk's Underground - XB 8/10

Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun - XB 4/10

Metal Arms: Glitch In The System - XB 7/10

Hidden & Dangerous 2 - PC 8/10

True Crime: Streets Of LA - PS2 4/10

Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon - XB 5/10

Call Of Duty - PC 7/10

Ghosthunter - PS2 4/10

May Payne 2: The Fall Of May Payne - PC 7/10

Grabbed By The Ghoulies - XB 6/10

Championship Manager: Season 03/04 - PC 9/10

Legacy Of Kain: Defiance - PS2 7/10

Amped 2 - XB 5 /10

Bombastic - PS2 7/10

Ground Theft Auto Double Pack - XB 9/10

Links 2004 - XB 6/10

Need For Speed: Underground - XB 5/10

Arx Fatalis - XB 2/10

The Sims Bustin' Out - XB 6/10

Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King - XB 5/10

SpellForce: Order Of Dawn - PS2 5/10

You start a thread about the latest issue of GamesTM and only talk about the scores. With Edge I suppose this is to be expected, but does anyone actually take any notice of the GamesTM scores? Because I know I don't. (Unfortunately my question has already been answered by this thread.)

The rest of the magazine > the reviews section, IMHO.

You start a thread about the latest issue of GamesTM and only talk about the scores. With Edge I suppose this is to be expected, but does anyone actually take any notice of the GamesTM scores? Because I know I don't. (Unfortunately my question has already been answered by this thread.)

The rest of the magazine > the reviews section, IMHO.

You're not the same C who haunts NTSC-UK by any chance?

You're not the same C who haunts NTSC-UK by any chance?

No, I think they've banned all Man U fans.

Also, the real question is how many of those reviews conclude with the little summary thing at the end (the proper name for which escapes me at the time of writing) with a sentence that goes: 'Blah blah blah, but blah blah blah'. Obviously, you have to replace the blah blah with random words, like the reviewers do.

Or have they stopped that now? It got right on my tits.

nice to see RoTK getting 5/10. what a crap game.

Seriously? After Edge going on about how good they found it I was tempted. What did you feel was so bad about it?

difficult to make out what's happening on the screen, every level is the same. it's just eye candy but to be honest you're better off watching the films and i'm surprised Edge marked it so highly considering their hatred toward the movies.

Final Fight, Streets of Rage etc piss all over it. avoid.

If you read the the last paragraph of the Edge review of RoTK, they are slagging the game off

Yeah, and straight after it there's an 8/10. Getting rid of review scores would be a serious mistake I'm thinking. I'm dragging this off topic aren't I?

Ground Theft Auto? :rolleyes:

Anyway, it seems there's some nice scores. Too bad about Broken Sword, any reasons for them to mark it down? I really want it to be good and all (but still working on II)

That was my typo! I'm having one of those nights <_<

Yeah, and straight after it there's an 8/10. Getting rid of review scores would be a serious mistake I'm thinking.

No. In fact that's a great reason to get rid of them because then they'd have to work harder on the words.

If you slag a game off in a review but then score it 8, you obviously can't review for shit and falling back on that all-encompassing number is an easy way out of your mess.

Nice scores there Darran. Pretty much agree with all of that.

Is this the issue with the giude to Head over Heels in it? I almost bought that today, but realised the guide was just a small token thing and of no actual help at all.

Yeah, these step by steps are a tricky thing.

Whilst my intention was to make them as an actual guide or walkthrough, it was decided that this wouldn't be what gamers would want (don't people realise that some readers are discovering these games for the first time on emulation?).

What I'm aiming for now is to have recognisable games, which still give you pointers, yet aim to keep everyone happy. So far though, they seem to be a well-liked addition to the mag and as long as there is still interest, I'll keep churning them out :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you liked Hewson titles, you'll enjoy the next one.

Amped 2 - XB 5 /10

HAHAHAHA this is a joke right?

I can see the Amped games picking up scores like this, the people I know they either love these games or find them as dull as dishwater.

If your looking for something closer to a simulation experience your going to love it, if your looking for something with a bit more "oomph" then your not going to be dazzeled.

Amped 2 - XB 5 /10

HAHAHAHA this is a joke right?

I can see the Amped games picking up scores like this, the people I know they either love these games or find them as dull as dishwater.

If your looking for something closer to a simulation experience your going to love it, if your looking for something with a bit more "oomph" then your not going to be dazzeled.

See, I really enjoy Amped 2, but the majority of the team didn't think it was a patch on the original. Damn mob rule :rolleyes:

Ahh but the main issue I have is that Tony Hawk Underground, a game I find fundamentally WORSE than it's predecessors (including Tony Hawk's 1) gets an 8, while Amped, a game that is AT LEAST as good as the first one (and in my view much better) gets a 5....

Ahh but the main issue I have is that Tony Hawk Underground, a game I find fundamentally WORSE than it's predecessors (including Tony Hawk's 1) gets an 8, while Amped, a game that is AT LEAST as good as the first one (and in my view much better) gets a 5....

I see your point, I feel the last couple of Hawk games haven't been the best. Although looking at it I just have to admit the series is departing from the style I liked, the time limit going has seen me lose interest in any future interations of the game.