Samurai Showdown 2

King of Fighters Round 2

Dark Arms Beast Buster

Turf Masters

Batteries

£69.99

Might have to get me one, yes? :rolleyes:

is this even the right folder?

Seriously, how capable are these compared to a GBA? I really fancy one but I'm not sure..

It's nowhere near the power of a GBA. It's not a 32bit machine.

It would be fairer to compare it the GBC, and from a technical perspective it is far superior to it. The screen is brighter the colours are sharper, the sprites are bigger. The control stick should represent the blueprint for all handhelds.

Of course it's all about the games and there simply aren't as many NGPC games around as there are for Nintendo's various handhelds. Having said that, of those that are there, at least half a dozen are worth buying the system for.

Metal Slug 1 and 2

Match of The Millenium

Faselei

Gal Fighters

Sonic the Hedgehog

World Cup 98

and a few others I would wager.

For 70 quid you can't go wrong.

Apart from Metal Slug, I wouldn't say any of those titles are essential. However, as has been said already they are worth a look. It is definitely worth getting the following:

Match of the Millenium

Metal Slug 2nd Mission

Puzzle Bobble

Cotton

Sonic

I didn't get on with Faselei (though it is still sitting on my shelf). I don't think it's as good as the GBA realistically but it does have some nice titles. Those screenshots on special reserve are a bit misleading though. I'd give them a big wedgie for trying to pass off Neo Geo screenshots as NGPC - BOO!

But... you're only missing out on some cardboard...

Not cardboard, clamshells!

The NGPC was flooded with dodgy carts, I seem to recall. Metal Slug 2 was pretty rare - if they're including it in the package like I wonder where the games have been sourced from.

Tim ™

Tim ™

are you gonna sue everyone else with that name?

Wish I could.

Actually, wish I could put "Tim open-bracket tm close-bracket", because that's what I use everywhere else. Origins are due to being confused with another Tim on alt.fan.british-accent once, and so putting my initials (which are TM) after my sign-off in lower case. And it stuck since.

So it's just tm, not a trademark.

Tim ( tm )

(hmm, did that work?)

WARNING!

I've seen one of these packages in an import shop, they come in a packet exactly like a PS2 controller, except bigger with the bare NGPC in the middle and the bare games (not even the dustcase) dotted around it. Looking at the labels, they were really badly printed and the console itself didn't look right. So almost certainly spoiled stock or pirate copies. Avoid!!! :D

The plastic clamshell boxes (that you don't get with these) are the best game boxes ever made, and so are the lovely instruction full colour booklets, which you don't get either.

Plus on that website they are showing screenshots of Neo Geo games, not Neo Geo Pocket Color games which look more like extremely well polished NES games

I've seen one of these in an import shop, they come in a packet exactly like a PS2 controller, except bigger with the bare NGPC in the middle and the bare games dotted around it. Looking at the labels, they were really badly printed and the console itself didn't look right. So almost certainly spoiled stock or pirate copies. Avoid!!! :D Plus, those clamshell boxes (that you don't get with these) are the best game boxes ever made, and so are the lovely instruction booklets, which you don't get either.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they're definately copies, they're just a little bit suspect.

These cropped up a while ago on Lik Sang and some US retailer. They're not counterfeit copies afaik, they're reissues with new part numbers. No idea where they originated from though.

The price is a bit steep considering you could get most of the worth-getting ones in that pack for less on eBay.

And I can't believe we're on page 2 and no one has mentioned Card Fighters yet. :D