IGNORED

Silver Gamers.

jcafarley

The whole thing about 'silver gamers' was mentioned on the Today programme on Radio 4. If you want to be appalled by mainstream coverage of games then listen to it:

Silver Gamers on Radio 4

I was surprised at the mis-information and general hatred that Saga magazine and the other guests had. I though things had moved on a bit, but it was like being back in the late 80s.

Its not long, but I'd really recommend listening to it.

That women needs to be shot, actling like 13 year olds? repetitive?

And SAGA? WHAT THE HECKS SAGA?

Playing games shows isolation? PAH

Games aint intellegent intrullectually?

Games sad?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHH

HULK SMASH!!!

::calms down::

Right, I won't go into detail since we can all tell they're talking crap without knowing. And even as that guy said, if people were playing chess for the same amount of time in a day we wouldn't see it as bad in the same way.

Ah well, come when OUR generation gets old, everyone will accept games and such.

I bloody well hope so anyhow.

( NEG )

I was having this discussion with a woman in a (board)games-store about the lack of complexity in most boardgames involving strategy and trading compared to computergames. She acknowledged this, but added her ultimate trumpcard in: 'well, at least you don't have to play these boardgames alone, but you can play them with real people instead of a computer.'

Just like 10 years of LAN-technology, Internet gaming and Xbox Live never happened ...

I was having this discussion with a woman in a (board)games-store about the lack of complexity in most boardgames involving strategy and trading compared to computergames. She acknowledged this, but added her ultimate trumpcard in: 'well, at least you don't have to play these boardgames alone, but you can play them with real people instead of a computer.'

Just like 10 years of LAN-technology, Internet gaming and Xbox Live never happened ...

Hey and don't forget split-screen gaming!!!

The only truely social multiplayer.

Good point about the complexity and one i bring up a lot in arguements with fools. It's like chess but with more rules, Advance Wars obviously.

Hey and don't forget split-screen gaming!!!

The only truely social multiplayer.

Did you put that word in bold because it's spelt incorrectly?

Napole0n! What a trouble maker! When I go into a board games shop, there's a little voice in my head repeating 'don't mention computer games, don't mention computer games, don't mention computer games....', I assume they don't know computer games exist.