Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ravnaz

People being negged for making comments about how the game Could be made better is a bit disappointing. Some of us look at the game and see that whiles its brilliant stuff to play it does have some flaws that could have been corrected quite easily. The UI for the PC version for one. It shows that therre was a alck of effort to optimise the game for PC's which is a pity. Thankfully its not game breaking.

So yeah its brilliant stuff but it could be even better. Just image how good THAT would be!

Surely it doesn't mean doing the same thing they did 6 years ago?

I don't want to be negative, I love the game, but I'm not like you - I can't accept that everything is fine or I shouldn't mind some problems because there's so much content.

I wouldn't mind the game being 100 hours instead of 300 if it meant some substancial progress in the mechanics since Obvlivion.

I don't accept that everything is fine; but I am a realist. It's not as simple as just cutting down the amount of content from 300 hours to 100 hours, it's the amount of time it would take develop something which is a 'nice to have' vs something which is 'must have'.

At some point during the design stage they choose to just feature freeze. It's of course a shame when little things don't get included, but zy's 'THEY'VE LEARNT NOTHING IN FIVE YEARS' just makes me angry tbh.

There are lots of areas which need improving still (and I've commented on them in this thread) but I don't think some people understand quite how complex (in a game which is already riddled with bugs) implementing some things are.

And do you really mean it when you say you'd rather lose two thirds of the game's content in favour of NPCs that put pyjamas on?

Think about how ludicrous that sounds.

What do you mean?

You have the hands of a healer.

Nothing of what I suggested is in any way revolutionary though. :huh:

I can't think of a single game I've ever played where the AI convincingly remembers what I've done in the past and reacts accordingly. That, in itself, would be revolutionary in my opinion. It's usually all scripted (Mass Effect) or shallow and easily manipulated (Fable). With the pot thing, you could argue that their just shouldn't be the ability to put pots on the characters heads, but given that the player currently can, don't you think it's unrealistic to expect the characters to react to it? Did you really expect Bethesda to put in a response to that? How many player actions do you reasonably think it is possible for Bethesda to script AI responses to?

One idea that I wish you would be able to do is add little notes to your map. I came a across a great place to mine gold last night but didn't have my pick axe. I would be great if I could add a marker with a note on it.

This is mostly because I always for forget where stuff is. I seen a shop that sold a fire bow but now can't remember where it was :(

One idea that I wish you would be able to do is add little notes to your map. I came a across a great place to mine gold last night but didn't have my pick axe. I would be great if I could add a marker with a note on it.

This is mostly because I always for forget where stuff is. I seen a shop that sold a fire bow but now can't remember where it was :(

Yes, I agree with this. I'm just make notes on my iPad but would be so much better if it was all done ingame

Yes. Ultima Underworld 2 had this in 1993, and it was great.

Right, fuck it, Uncharted 3 isn't that great anyway, so I've just bought this. The girl in GameStation was trying to get me to buy the 'special edition' version, and then carried on describing what was inside, and how detailed the model is. £130 it was, for a bit of tat that I'll never use. I wouldn't have been able to lift the fucking thing, never mind being able to afford it. So yes, I opted for the slightly less expensive standard version for an almost tear-inducing 43 quid (I have lots of trade credit I'm trying to get rid of).

But fuck, I hate it when games let me customise what my character looks like - I can never decide. The elves and orcs look rubbish, and I always end up being stuck looking like a generic catwalk model for the whole game.

People being negged for making comments about how the game Could be made better is a bit disappointing. Some of us look at the game and see that whiles its brilliant stuff to play it does have some flaws that could have been corrected quite easily. The UI for the PC version for one. It shows that therre was a alck of effort to optimise the game for PC's which is a pity. Thankfully its not game breaking.

So yeah its brilliant stuff but it could be even better. Just image how good THAT would be!

I think there's been a lot of negative comments, mostly met with understanding and agreement. People appreciate there are issues but also see the bigger picture.

The "have they learnt nothing in 5 years" comment deserves every neg going.

Can you change your race/name after the opening section like the other games?

If you're playing on the PC apparently you can bring up the character creation screen again with a console command (showracemenu). The drawback to doing this is if you've levelled up, it will reallocate all stat increases evenly between magicka, health and stamina, which depending on how you play may be an issue. I've not tested this at all, I just came across it on various boards when trying to find out how to name change.

Tirdas, 18th of Last Seed, 4E 201

A much needed nights sleep, I slept better than expected considering the situation. Started the morning by venturing down into the caverns underneath this cabin. Not far in it became apparent bandits had been using the caves as a place to hide their crimes. Destroyed trading carts, and the corpses of the traders that used them lay waiting for me as I ventured further into the cave. I guess this is what they were covering up with the woodcutting operation they were running. Further into the cave I managed to listen in on a group of bandits taking about a ‘treasure room’ in the cave. The bandit leader had threatened them with death if any of them tried anything. I’d vowed to change my ways, but is stealing from these scum really so bad?

I decided it wasn’t, so I continued on. I charged into the group of bandits, swinging my axes around like crazy. A few seconds later and I was surrounding by what remained of the bandits. As I progressed through the cave it became obvious at just how many innocent traders these bandits had murdered. In some places crates were stacked up to the ceiling of the cave, the traders bodies just discarded like trash. I certainly won’t be feeling bad once I get my way into that treasure room.

I came to the end of the cave, the leader of the bandits lay sleeping nearby. I slowly approached her, with the expectation of her having the key on her. I raised my hand and as I did so she awoke, our eyes met for a split second and then I raised my axe. Entering the treasure room I was overwhelmed by it all. Gems, ores, gold, books, armour. I’d never seen such a haul like this in all my time in Black Marsh! Did I really want to leave the thrill of the heist behind? That feeling of immense satisfaction when all your hard work pays off? Leave all that just to please my father? Finding all that treasure made me doubt it. I did overhear one of the bandits talking about a guild in Riften that takes on the sort of Argonian I was... the Argonian I am.

This game continues to astound and amaze!

I need every one of you to go to the most Northern part of the map, on the shoreline of the Sea of Ghosts, and wait for sunset. I swear the entire screen just turned into the most beautiful array of sepia tones i've ever seen. Unbelivable! :wub:

Windhelm spoiler:

I think I may have caused some bug in the 'Blood on the Ice' quest, before I knew what was going on I had had an old mage thrown in jail even though I don't think he did it. Funnily enough I was still able to get 250 gold off him for another quest while he was in his cell. :lol:. Anyway, now I feel like continuing the murder spree.

This game continues to astound and amaze!

I need every one of you to go to the most Northern part of the map, on the shoreline of the Sea of Ghosts, and wait for sunset. I swear the entire screen just turned into the most beautiful array of sepia tones i've ever seen. Unbelivable! :wub:

Or just look up to the sky on almost any night and see the amazing aurora in the sky. :wub:

Woah, didn't expect to come back to this.

Fucking LOL.

You pessimistic fuckers who complain about little things like this make me laugh so much. A notion that they 'couldn't be bothered' to do stuff comes across in these posts.

Get a bit more of an idea of what it actually means to design, create and test a game before posting with such entitlement.

Fucking hell. You don't deserve to be playing games at all, tbh.

Aw, dood. You used to be such a generous poster.

Um... you do know I've done all of those things, and professionally, right? Of course not, there's no reason why you should. But that's not why I'm bold in my statements. It's nothing against players who are enjoying the game, and rightly so. I'm playing it and enjoying it for the exploration and the views. But I'd like to enjoy the games as much as you do instead of having a eye for these things that laments the fashion in which Bethesda approach NPC AI as if it's still 1985, and Gary Gygax is still calling the shots.

If you want to back up your statement by showing me how much the NPC code has advanced since Oblivion then go ahead. And as you know what it means to design, create and test a game then you can surely do this. Or else you wouldn't have made that withering comment, right?

And I extend this to the (currently) ten people who negged. Please tell me how the AI has advanced since Oblivion. I think it would make a better and more honest thread than this hit-&-run hate on critics.