IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ravnaz

Obviously we will get the next-gen upgrades for the special edition on Gamepass, but would it be correct to assume that the Anniversary Edition will get added to gamepass with it being a Bethesda game?

Just so I can play the first couple of hours and then get overwhelmed and give up on it again.

So if we own the special edition we get anniversary edition for free? Or do we pay fifteen quid for it but get a next gen spit and polish for free?

So the special edition would get a free update, but if you want the anniversary stuff you pay for it?

It’s very confusing. 

Anniversary edition is 48quid standalone or a 15quid upgrade if you already own the Special edition. Then there will also be a free next gen upgrade for both versions (although I can’t work out when that is actually coming out).

EDIT: the next gen upgrade also seems to be releasing on the 11th alongside the anniversary edition.

9 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Obviously we will get the next-gen upgrades for the special edition on Gamepass, but would it be correct to assume that the Anniversary Edition will get added to gamepass with it being a Bethesda game?

Just so I can play the first couple of hours and then get overwhelmed and give up on it again.

I doubt it. It’s a special edition of a first party game, and they don’t tend to be. Maybe a few years down the line.

On 06/11/2021 at 16:24, metallicfrodo said:

Anniversary edition is 48quid standalone or a 15quid upgrade if you already own the Special edition. Then there will also be a free next gen upgrade for both versions (although I can’t work out when that is actually coming out).

EDIT: the next gen upgrade also seems to be releasing on the 11th alongside the anniversary edition.

I own Skyrim on Steam, but it doesn't mention anything about being a special edition. Does it mean I don't get any upgrade? I see the SE for sale for about 15 euro, maybe I should just buy that. Although there's also a legendary edition...

2 hours ago, Sane said:

I own Skyrim on Steam, but it doesn't mention anything about being a special edition. Does it mean I don't get any upgrade? I see the SE for sale for about 15 euro, maybe I should just buy that. Although there's also a legendary edition...

If you have old Skyrim Legendary Edition (Oldrim) you should have free download access to the Special Edition. We all got a free upgrade when it launched.

Don't tell me the fuckers have taken that back (!?).

On 24/10/2021 at 10:11, Steven said:

If you're playing as an archer, get the Moves as they transform the experience - taking out multiple attackers will leave you grinning from ear to ear.

So true.

I'm one of the lucky ones and have never suffered fro VR motion sickness and managed to play through the likes of RE7 in VR with full direct control.

With that being the case and after a few smaller sessions to test Skyrim VR and how I felt, I spent roughly 8 hours fully immersed in Skyrim VR yesterday with the direct control on.

Despite the controls taking a bit of getting used too and understanding that it's never going to be a graphical powerhouse running on the PS4 the sense of immersion is fucking incredible.

Little things like looking up at the night sky and checking out the stars, stealthily creeping through a dungeon and literally getting up and looking round a corner to see if anyone is there. Just brilliant.

It's not perfect of course. I still fuck up the controls at times, hitting the wrong button and dropping weapons at the wrong time, pilfering bodies and accidentally equipping the victims armour for example.

Some of the menus are flaky as fuck with the Moves, can be a bit of a pain when scrolling through them. The perk upgrade pages where it uses the star constellation is an utter shit show too.

I did play this originally back in the day on the 360 and played as a sneaky archer (doesn't everyone?) and had planned a different style but I guess you can't beat the classics eh, here I am creeping through dungeons and picking folk off with deadly arrows. The Moves make that such good fun.

My bloody arms are sore today though.

Wonder how many hours I will sink into this one. Goodbye family Skyrim beckons.

53 minutes ago, Stanley said:

On the other hand I’ve finished the main story a couple of times, but still feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface. 

Does anyone know what this Anniversary Edition adds to the game, if anything? 

For a game that’s supposed to be out tomorrow they’ve mentioned very little if anything so far. Still want to know about any graphical upgrades. 

So far they’ve only announced a fishing mechanic and the ability to add an aquarium to your home. 

• Robo_1 changed the title to Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim