IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ravnaz

After a couple of days tinkering and figuring out some modern day problems such as multi core throttling and 200fps  I have it all modded to the max on pc and it looks and plays utterly glorious. Some of the modern lighting, water and weather effects are just breathtaking.

If anyone is having any microstuttering problems or sound issues or needs help running ultrawide im your man. Happy to help.

Its such an amazing game and really hasnt been bettered imo

The big regret about The eventual Elder Scrolls 6 is that The chance of Jeremy Soule coming back to do the soundtrack is effectively zero after the various allegations of the sexual kind against him. Which is a pity, as I think the soundtrack is astonishingly good and probably the main reason I think the game is so damn fine.

Lesson to everyone: don’t be a sexual deviant.

So 11 days into a new game it suddenly froze and loading any save now goes to a black screen but you can hear the audio. 

The usual fixes of reinstall, restart etc dont work. It's a known problem apparently and there's supposed to be a fix this week.

Edit: loaded a manual save and it worked. Seems auto saves and quick saves were the problem.

15 hours ago, RaoulSilva said:

So 11 days into a new game it suddenly froze and loading any save now goes to a black screen but you can hear the audio. 

The usual fixes of reinstall, restart etc dont work. It's a known problem apparently and there's supposed to be a fix this week.

Edit: loaded a manual save and it worked. Seems auto saves and quick saves were the problem.

Presumed this

This is a really fun thread to go back through from the start. The highlight obviously being launch day, but the hype in the months before is infectious to the point I really want to play the game again now. Time to dust off the Rift I reckon.

10 minutes ago, Thor said:

This is a really fun thread to go back through from the start. The highlight obviously being launch day, but the hype in the months before is infectious to the point I really want to play the game again now. Time to dust off the Rift I reckon.

Kind of hilarious that the first rumour reports of an ES5 were literally one year before the game was released! lol

...and now we're 10 years later, and ES6 was announced... how many years ago now?

I've modded this up to the hilt and been loving it all over again. It's just tremendous. Had an amusing bug in the woodland near Riften where NPCs and animals - very slowly - started floating into space, all the while shouting vague threats and telling me not to come any closer.

Still a looker, too:

euiaZ60.jpg

8yszVGp.jpg