IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ravnaz

I did indeed dust off my Oculus Rift (much more comfy than the Quest), and swimming aside everything still worked just fine, including the few mods I have installed. The best one for me isn't visual, and I've mentioned this mod before, but it's the one that allows you to speak the dialogue options instead of simply selecting them - it's so much more immersive. 

I wasn't sure where I'd left the game last time, but it turned out I had Barbas following me so finished that up, assassinated a few peeps for the Dark Brotherhood (I appear to be right near the end of that questline), explored a ruin, and got another shout before strolling over to the Shrine of Azura to simply stand there and admire. That's the thing when you play this game on a TV or monitor, everything is small, the wolves look like dogs. In VR however, the dogs are fucking big! The Shrine of Azura? It's enormous! And I'll tell you what never gets old in VR: dragons in the sky, and shooting arrows from a bow. :wub:

7 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Try an ebony clad battle mage .

I'm thinking a light armour spellsword. But maybe you're right, it would be too tempting to go down the 'hiding in the shadows' route with mine...

One assassin build I created had a ridiculously powerful one handed sneak attack. So much so that I could creep up on dragons and insta-kill them, though it still ran the waking and takeoff animation only for them to immediately crash back to earth.

Yeah, I've really got back into this in VR now. Tonight I finished up the Dark Brotherhood questline, only I completely forgot I'd let Cicero live! Imagine my surprise when he turns up at the sanctuary threatening to kill me, but then is all, "lol, only joking! You should see the look your face!" :lol:

I still haven't done the main questline yet, I think there's a fair bit to do on that. Plus I have all the Vampire and Dragonborn stuff, I don't think I've touched the Dragonborn dlc in any meaningful way since the 360 version!

Copy and paste from my comment on that vid, but watching this on Youtube absolutely does not compare to being there live in person, where even classical music you're not familiar with can easily drive you to tears. This should be a tour.

19 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

Wait, wait, wait…

Why did the Khajit loot the paper?

Reveal hidden contents

So she could do some PAWTRAITS!

why did the skeleton die of starvation?

Spoiler

Because he couldn’t find a decent BONEMEAL

Gotsta say, this looks phenomenal on a Switch OLED. The sunset glinting through the trees as you walk down to Riverwood. The flames leaping out of the screen as you torch a bandit whose final words are ‘lucky shot’. The mist clinging to the ground as you lol out loud at the broken AI of that wanderer dude near the start who’s stuck in a weird fighting animation loop, even though he isn’t fighting. It’s good to be back.

1 hour ago, Nathan Wind said:

Gotsta say, this looks phenomenal on a Switch OLED. The sunset glinting through the trees as you walk down to Riverwood. The flames leaping out of the screen as you torch a bandit whose final words are ‘lucky shot’. The mist clinging to the ground as you lol out loud at the broken AI of that wanderer dude near the start who’s stuck in a weird fighting animation loop, even though he isn’t fighting. It’s good to be back.

I am also playing this on the OLED and can only agree with you, its magnificent, and still one of my favourite games ever.

How do I make the Anniversary edition appear on PS5? I have the special edition already so I bought the anniversary edition upgrade from the PlayStation store for £15. However the only version in my library still says special edition. When I go to install it I get the choice between PS4 and PS5 versions but having installed the PS5 version it still just says special edition. How do I turn that into the anniversary edition?

Just now, Broker said:

How do I make the Anniversary edition appear on PS5? I have the special edition already so I bought the anniversary edition upgrade from the PlayStation store for £15. However the only version in my library still says special edition. When I go to install it I get the choice between PS4 and PS5 versions but having installed the PS5 version it still just says special edition. How do I turn that into the anniversary edition?

Unintuitively.

Load up Skyrim and they'll be the option to update to Anniversary on Main Menu (Square button push if I recall)