Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ravnaz

15 hours ago, RaoulSilva said:

So 11 days into a new game it suddenly froze and loading any save now goes to a black screen but you can hear the audio. 

The usual fixes of reinstall, restart etc dont work. It's a known problem apparently and there's supposed to be a fix this week.

Edit: loaded a manual save and it worked. Seems auto saves and quick saves were the problem.

Presumed this

This is a really fun thread to go back through from the start. The highlight obviously being launch day, but the hype in the months before is infectious to the point I really want to play the game again now. Time to dust off the Rift I reckon.

10 minutes ago, Thor said:

This is a really fun thread to go back through from the start. The highlight obviously being launch day, but the hype in the months before is infectious to the point I really want to play the game again now. Time to dust off the Rift I reckon.

Kind of hilarious that the first rumour reports of an ES5 were literally one year before the game was released! lol

...and now we're 10 years later, and ES6 was announced... how many years ago now?

10 minutes ago, Jammy said:

I foolishly failed to get my old gamertag from my 360, so my only option is starting again. Not sure I have the patience…

Who needs patience when playing perfection? ;)

I've modded this up to the hilt and been loving it all over again. It's just tremendous. Had an amusing bug in the woodland near Riften where NPCs and animals - very slowly - started floating into space, all the while shouting vague threats and telling me not to come any closer.

Still a looker, too:

euiaZ60.jpg

8yszVGp.jpg

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

Who needs patience when playing perfection? ;)

I preferred Oblivion as a game ;)

Skyrim was more pretty, but I thought the guild missions were much more simplistic.

Are people holding off on the Anniversary Edition because of the mod incompatibility?

I have the Special Edition on Xbox, but never got around to playing. Wondering if I shouldn’t bother with the “upgrade”.

I did indeed dust off my Oculus Rift (much more comfy than the Quest), and swimming aside everything still worked just fine, including the few mods I have installed. The best one for me isn't visual, and I've mentioned this mod before, but it's the one that allows you to speak the dialogue options instead of simply selecting them - it's so much more immersive. 

I wasn't sure where I'd left the game last time, but it turned out I had Barbas following me so finished that up, assassinated a few peeps for the Dark Brotherhood (I appear to be right near the end of that questline), explored a ruin, and got another shout before strolling over to the Shrine of Azura to simply stand there and admire. That's the thing when you play this game on a TV or monitor, everything is small, the wolves look like dogs. In VR however, the dogs are fucking big! The Shrine of Azura? It's enormous! And I'll tell you what never gets old in VR: dragons in the sky, and shooting arrows from a bow. :wub:

7 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Try an ebony clad battle mage .

I'm thinking a light armour spellsword. But maybe you're right, it would be too tempting to go down the 'hiding in the shadows' route with mine...

One assassin build I created had a ridiculously powerful one handed sneak attack. So much so that I could creep up on dragons and insta-kill them, though it still ran the waking and takeoff animation only for them to immediately crash back to earth.

Yeah, I've really got back into this in VR now. Tonight I finished up the Dark Brotherhood questline, only I completely forgot I'd let Cicero live! Imagine my surprise when he turns up at the sanctuary threatening to kill me, but then is all, "lol, only joking! You should see the look your face!" :lol:

I still haven't done the main questline yet, I think there's a fair bit to do on that. Plus I have all the Vampire and Dragonborn stuff, I don't think I've touched the Dragonborn dlc in any meaningful way since the 360 version!