IGNORED

Get your free trainspotting game here!

Rev. Stuart Campbell

Totally over the top, spamtastic and possibly criminal.

Stuart, for gods sake how many other games share almost exactly the same mechanics, give it a rest.

You appear to have missed the original thread.

As for how many games share almost exactly the same mechanics, it is none. Erm, well, actually, remove the "almost" there.

Tim ™

Well, it's not "my own work". But yeah, I bought it, and it grated to have to give the tossers a tenner for it, but if that's the price of JUSTICE, then so be it.

I don't think writing someting in CAPITALS makes it TRUE. It instead makes you look like you're angling for a job on The Sun. :D

Well, it's not "my own work". But yeah, I bought it, and it grated to have to give the tossers a tenner for it, but if that's the price of JUSTICE, then so be it.

I don't think writing someting in CAPITALS makes it TRUE. It instead makes you look like you're angling for a job on The Sun. :D

But he's not doing it for justice, he's doing it for JUSTICE. The Juvinile Unwitting Software Thieves Internet Correction Enterprise.

Tim ™

But he's not doing it for justice, he's doing it for JUSTICE.  The Juvinile Unwitting Software Thieves Internet Correction Enterprise.

How long did it take to come up with that one?

A minute and a half - I got stuck on the E.

Tim ™

As for how many games share almost exactly the same mechanics, it is none.  Erm, well, actually, remove the "almost" there.

Snood and Puzzle Bobble?

I think you do need that almost.

I was talking about sharing the same game mechanics as the two games in question.

I was talking about sharing the same game mechanics as the two games in question.

Oh right. Sorry.

Still, the the exact similarity between Snood and Puzzle Bobble is kind of relevant. :D I mean it even got a GBA version without Taito's lawyers getting frisky.

Edited by davweb

Still, the I'm the exact similarity between Snood and Puzzle Bobble is kind of relevant. :D I mean it even got a GBA version without Taito's lawyers getting frisky.

I see what you mean ... but there were differences. Much more than between these two games.

I think perhaps describing the "not getting an email back in 24 hours" as "meeting a wall of silence" is a bit over-dramatic, but otherwise fair play to you. I'm curious to see what happens.

Well, their own site says "Give us 24 hours to respond to email". I gave them a good few more than that. (I shouldn't imagine they get thousands a day anyway.) I emailed both Demon Star and Idigicon, there's no excuse for nobody having the courtesy to reply. They had a fair chance.

(Anyway, it's not as if I've burned their office down and murdered their families. I've just made the full version available.)

I've emailed them with the link now.

As for how many games share almost exactly the same mechanics, it is none.  Erm, well, actually, remove the "almost" there.

Snood and Puzzle Bobble?

I think you do need that almost.

What, so it's OK to rip a game off, so long as that game isn't Sensible Trainspotting?

Hey - but I was the first to vote for this option, so - go Rev. Stu!!!!

Still, the I'm the exact similarity between Snood and Puzzle Bobble is kind of relevant. :D I mean it even got a GBA version without Taito's lawyers getting frisky.

I hadn't even heard of Snood until you mentioned it. Maybe Taito don't see it as damaging enough to their sales to be worth getting stressed about. Unless Snood has Bub and Bob, then I'm not interested in it, and perhaps many other similarly childish gamers aren't either. (!!!)

Or is he a loveable rogue, with a bottle of beer in one hand and a buxom wench in the other?

I just think of him as a very very angry, and quite short (dunno why), man sitting at a computer getting red in the face and manically laughing.