Christmas

gingerling

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Chistmas Nights yet.

Alhtough I have never played an old game to get me in the Christmas mood. Too many AAA titles released at Christmas vying for my time to revisit old games.

I was about to, if it helps! For Xmassy games, it's that and Final Fantasy games!

Another vote for Shenmue here. Brings back memories of a Christmas holiday spent playing Shenmue 1 and 2 back when I bought my Dreamcast. :wub:

Oddly, Mass Effect 1 gets me in the mood for Christmas, but that's probably because it was my most-played game over that year's Christmas season.

I don't play it anymore, but I liked being greeted with the first snowfall in my Animal Crossing town and just dropping in now and then, rolling up snowballs and snowmen whilst waiting for the 25th to come around. Then again, I'd usually end up selling any gifts to Tom Nook so that I could save up for yet more blue furniture... :facepalm:

The Fables always felt a bit Xmassy to me.. Shame I've already finished Fable 3 :(

The opening to Fable 2 where you're exploring the snowy town with Rose was brilliant...it makes me regret not getting the game as a Christmas gift to myself. :(

I love a good snow boarding game, although the best I can find this gen is Stoked.

Animal Crossing on the Wii... come mid-December when the snow lies in-game.

I'll probably load up Shenmue at some point, and the various Mario games with their snow levels.

The last one I can remember is Twilight Princess. There's a beautiful snow level in an old house, with a big friendly snow creature! Zelda in general for me though. I can still hear the music from the Great Deku Tree from playing Ocarina all those Christmasses ago.

First level of Return to Castle Wolfenstein!

Oh hell yeah! I always fire up RTCW at crimbo :D

Myself, i fire up my atari ST emulator and play my christmas games of old, Indiana Jones and the last crusade, Turrican 2, Toki, all games i got for christmas back in the day.

Am I misremembering this or are you being sarcastic? Doesn't RTCW start in Egypt?

Edit: A quick to youtube shows I am misremembering. The castle in the snow. Completely forgot about that.