IGNORED

Binary Domain

The Sarge

Just finished it - haven't enjoyed a game so much since...well, God knows - but it's been a bloody long time. Leave the likes of Gears (2/3 at least) in it's dust, if only it had some cash thrown into it's marketing.

I'm already gagging for part 2.

Also - I attempted to find some online games but apparently absolutely nobody in the whole wide world is playing :facepalm:

This is really really good. Finally started it today and I think I made it up to chapter 5... oh bank holidays, how I love you.

I am really really shit however, I'm playing it on easy (albeit with the assists off, I thought that might be a bit too hand-holdy) and I'm still finding I'm ending up on my arse a lot waiting for help.

Brilliant, brilliant game. Enjoyed it way more than GoW3. Shooting limbs off the robot grunts is immensely satisfying. Some great characters, and I actually really enjoyed the story - a nice take on some sci-fi staples.

So who's going to publish stuff like this now Sega are in the shit? :(

Also - I attempted to find some online games but apparently absolutely nobody in the whole wide world is playing :facepalm:

Yeah - the PC preorder bonus is... wait for it... multiplayer guns and skins!

I think there's something to be learned here, given how the response to this game has been. Consumers are idiots, for one. Sega's marketing really, really sucks for another.

I hereby allow each and every one of you to make up completely unrealistic bullshit when recommending this game to friends and family. Tell them it's a FIFA game or something. Tell them that it unlocks special guns in the next COD that automatically calls their targets abusive names when you fire them. Tell them any old nonsense, just let them know that Binary Domain is excellent.

Jesus, now that fucking Tsar Runner is ruining my life. Talk about bullet-sponge, must've spent 30 minutes unloading ammunition on the bastard and he's still going.

Note to new players, the hardest level improves the game in general but makes some of the later bosses total cunts.

I liked the Tsar runner, it must have taken 20 very intense minutes to kill but it never felt unfair. My favourite of the bosses so far.

I'm guessing I've an hour or two left now, quite deep into Chapter 5. I don't think it's as good as some people here are making out but it's a very solid game. There are too many bosses, and the bosses start to take too long to kill as the game goes on, the gorilla onwards. I can only imagine the final stretch will be even worse in that regard.

I admire how varied the game is, but as it goes on it feels as though the weak:strong ratio is getting worse for each section. Hopefully it'll pick up before the end and leave the final taste a good one. I switched it off last night as I was tired of fighting bosses.

Jesus, now that fucking Tsar Runner is ruining my life. Talk about bullet-sponge, must've spent 30 minutes unloading ammunition on the bastard and he's still going.

Note to new players, the hardest level improves the game in general but makes some of the later bosses total cunts.

Playing on No Mercy? Good man, it's really pretty awesome.

Yeah, I agree with the boss thing to be fair. I suspect that the difficulty bumps up their armour / health by a certain percentage so some enemies that took a pounding before take a hell of a lot more as their health boost is larger than everyone else's. The Tsar Runner boss is excellent, though I can see fatigue setting in due to its length on higher difficulties. Without a fully upgraded gun it could be pretty painful, even.

It's a good thing that the boss himself is so excellent given how much of a pounding it takes.

It does go a bit BOSS RUSH around the end of chapter 4/start of chapter 5 but after that it settles down quite nicely into the shooting hoards of normal robots / odd sub boss.

The pacings a bit off but it is still more enthralling than any other recent TPS for my money.

If this had the slickness of Vanquish I'd agree. Vanquish suffered from lack of variety in setting and dodgy difficulty (Hard is easy, God Hard is teeth grindingly mental), it also has nothing like the personality, but for straight up shooting it was was far superior.

Finished this yesterday, really good stuff. I was surprisingly impressed with the story, initially I thought it would be just the standard world-saving bollocks but it certainly had a lot more to it.

The bosses were remarkably fresh every time as well - rollerbot (I do enjoy a bit of old-school 'shoot down enemy missiles before they reach you'), tentacle thing and the spider especially.

I do feel the weapons could have done with a bit of fleshing out, only being able to upgrade the assault rifle is a bit lame. I'm not sure why but I'm a bit of a sucker for pistols in these sorts of games so I would have liked to have beefed that up a bit. Minor complaints though. And I do like the chirpy little weapon shops. FREE STUFF!!

I got the ending where Bo died, I gather there is an alternate where Cain comes back and takes Bo's place. Anyone get this one? I'm just amazed I played a game where more British people survived than Americans.

That was SWEET!

EDIT: This is yet another title I literally had not heard of until I read a thread on here raving about it, so well done again rllmuk. :)

Finished this yesterday, really good stuff. I was surprisingly impressed with the story, initially I thought it would be just the standard world-saving bollocks but it certainly had a lot more to it.

The bosses were remarkably fresh every time as well - rollerbot (I do enjoy a bit of old-school 'shoot down enemy missiles before they reach you'), tentacle thing and the spider especially.

I do feel the weapons could have done with a bit of fleshing out, only being able to upgrade the assault rifle is a bit lame. I'm not sure why but I'm a bit of a sucker for pistols in these sorts of games so I would have liked to have beefed that up a bit. Minor complaints though. And I do like the chirpy little weapon shops. FREE STUFF!!

I got the ending where Bo died, I gather there is an alternate where Cain comes back and takes Bo's place. Anyone get this one? I'm just amazed I played a game where more British people survived than Americans.

That was SWEET!

EDIT: This is yet another title I literally had not heard of until I read a thread on here raving about it, so well done again rllmuk. :)

You can keep Bo / whoever else alive if everyone's at full trust. It's tough to plan ahead for at the start though, as party members can disappear for a long time. Charlie and Rachel need your attention early on, as does Bo. Cain and Faye are forced into your group for a long time, so they're not quite so bad - during the section where you talk to Yuki to be brought in to see Mifune, talk to an NPC near Rachael and he'll sell you a trust module for 500 creds. Helps a little.

Nothing new to say. Don't want this out of the front page quite yet though - if even one random comes into this thread and thinks 'hey, all these guys love it and I'm going to give it a chance because I'm great and non-sheeplike', then I'll have done my part in staving off Communism.

April 27th on PCs, people.

Ok since we are talking about the game,

Have you guys noticed how some grenades disable enemies, and some other make enemies attack each other? I keep replaying some of the most intense sections trying to perfect my grenade throwing....this is something I only ever done in the first Halo.

This game perfectly ilustrates the dilemma of mid-range titles. had it been the PS2 era, it would have sold normally...on xbox, it sold 20K. thats crazy. I really want a sequel to this, with Dan and Faye taking on their enemies. So much scope for drama!

Damn you scrapheads!

Does this have dumb, nonsensical cutscenes interrupting the fun every few minutes like I suspect it does? If it does I'll probably just wait for it to be mega-cheap, but I'm kinda tempted to pick it up tomorrow.

Does this have dumb, nonsensical cutscenes interrupting the fun every few minutes like I suspect it does? If it does I'll probably just wait for it to be mega-cheap, but I'm kinda tempted to pick it up tomorrow.

Not really. It has cutscenes but not huge amounts of them. And what cutscenes it does have are really good.

Plus it has the best comedy French robot you will ever see in a videogame. Worth the entrance fee for him alone.

Honestly - I loved this game - its just brilliant fun from start to end.

Just finished it, loved it. Pouring one out for

Big Bo

I'm tempted to run through it again on a higher difficulty, which I never do. But seeing as we'll probably never see a sequel, why not?

EDIT: I just saw the post credits bit and actually yelled FUCK YEAH.

CLOCKED IT.

After a poor start, once it gets going it maintains it to the end and I enjoyed it. Not to the extent of some folks here, but it was a fun ride none the less.

Anyone want my PS3 copy? Swapsies for something else?