Binary Domain

The Sarge

The dialogue and delivery in this is something quite special. I've only played for an hour or so but have genuinely belly laughed at some of big boi's stock black man responses. I really enjoyed what I've played, it feels like a fun GoW, I can see why it's a forum favourite. Got it for £3.24 too.

So couple of questions -

What does "Trust" actually do? Most of the time it's too frantic to use squad commands, but even when I do no one ever tells me off? (Maybe on the harder difficulty?). It's nice to see people like or dislike me, but I wish it felt like it had more of an impact.

Chapter 4 was also a bit odd in forcing you to have 2 set companions for the last half - I didn't mind one of them, but then I wanted Charlie :(

Trust impacts on how willing your teammates are to follow your orders - it has to be fairly low for them to refuse orders, though, not sure how/whether the difficulty level alters things - and affects the storyline towards the end of the game.

I finally picked it up yesterday. Yet to download it, but I do have to ask how is it as a single-player game? Quite honestly I picked it up because I think the art style is brilliant, but I'm having worries it's gonna be a game more suited to co-op than by myself? Hope I'm wrong!

They said above it's not Co-Op (I've not checked, but I'd trust them)

On chapter 5 (out of 6) in single player and it's fine. The style's nice - I just wish there was more combat/rooms filled/numbers. Fighting is great, but it often feels over too quickly.

Unlike climbing this boss...which seems to take forever...

It's a single player game through and through (albeit with AI companions - which is part of why it has to be single player, as their personalities are quite... strongly defined). There is multiplayer, but it's competitive, and absolutely nobody played it.

Said single player experience is also utterly brilliant.

Well everything's gone of the rails a bit...

End(?) or late Chapter 5 spoilers:

Shit got real.

I assume Trust had something to do with Shinobi? I had him max trust (Dan's alt attack move is stupid for Trust in the tunnels :D) and he still died...but then I won't miss him. Only character I dislike...

I saved Bo - I assume if you took too long he you wouldn't have time to save him? Makes any difference?

And now something's up with Faye? Well she is the only Rust Crew member to turn up solo...traitor? Imposter?

Well everything's gone of the rails a bit...

End(?) or late Chapter 5 spoilers:

Shit got real.

I assume Trust had something to do with Shinobi? I had him max trust (Dan's alt attack move is stupid for Trust in the tunnels :D) and he still died...but then I won't miss him. Only character I dislike...

I saved Bo - I assume if you took too long he you wouldn't have time to save him? Makes any difference?

And now something's up with Faye? Well she is the only Rust Crew member to turn up solo...traitor? Imposter?

Your mind. It'll go boom.

Hmm...first impressions not so good I have to say. Love the visual style - the faces on the characters are great, but - for someone who's rather ham-fisted when it comes to these sort of games - would it have killed them to change controller icons to the xbox ones for the PC release. When the action heats up, I sodding well forget which button does what...

Hmm...first impressions not so good I have to say. Love the visual style - the faces on the characters are great, but - for someone who's rather ham-fisted when it comes to these sort of games - would it have killed them to change controller icons to the xbox ones for the PC release. When the action heats up, I sodding well forget which button does what...

When start from Steam you should get to config option.

You can set control display from Keyboard to 360 controller in there.

Also double check the graphics settings (mine had defaulted to rubbish) and check it's detected the right sound/mic settings (if using voice control).

It's not the world's greatest PC port ;)

The start is the worst bit of the game - don't worry it heats up!

And done

It's a good cover shooter/aciton game with strong characters and an engaging story. I wish there were a few more longer battle sections where you slowly advanced form cover to cover - mostly it seemed to be a room at a time.

Plot went bonkers (in a good way!) towards the end, and there's some rather huge leaps, but you just go with it. The acting/muscis/setting/action takes you along with it.

I wish there were a few more longer battle sections where you slowly advanced form cover to cover - mostly it seemed to be a room at a time.

I know it's old, but obviously new people playing so ending discussion...

What happened to Cain? Assumed we'd end up fighting a mind controlled him. I had him High Trust which I thought might make him break free/return?

Bo - I'm assuming if he's lower trust he does turn on you? Seemed odd that he had high trust to pass that, but then died to the Robot Fist (or does he always die there? Suppose it's the easiest/simpliest way. He dies in any case, but the manner is different?

Edit - Love some of the music which was great for action/shooter actions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuxGdt63Xuc

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

£2 now. It's almost like a satirical world where developers pay YOU to play one of the most genuinely excellent shooters ever made. http://savygamer.co.uk/2014/01/29/binary-domain-pc-2/

Okay, so you're still buying the product, but you'll feel like you're stealing food from out of Sega's mouth at this price.

You actually get a free copy of ROME: Total War alongside this as well. Part of a week long SEGA promotion.