Binary Domain

The Sarge

• 3 months later...

Easily the most annoying thing about the new Call of Duty is that I look at this image and genuinely, honestly think it's Charles Gregory in Binary Domain 2.

Those assholes. I'm going to be bitterly disappointed when I finally face reality somewhere down the line.

2522998-10298334_700329690028758_7712115

Just ordered the Xbox 360 version for £5.03...

I'm also in the middle of a Vanquish campaign on Hard Difficulty (my 1st playthrough) but I've hit a bit of a brick wall against a big spider dude... I was loving it up until that point though and plan on beating that section someday...

I'm trying to avoid any major spoilers about Domain but I'm glad some of you are raving about it, any non-spoilery type discussion of the game would be appreciated :)

I absolutely love how effective the guns feel. A lot of this is down to the enemies, even your basic grunt robots show a great deal of detail when hit; paint gets stripped away, arms, legs and heads can be shot off, it never feels like you're just shooting at a sponge.

On that same note, genuine reasons to aim for certain body parts and to be somewhat tactical in your approach.

More importantly, BIG BO.

I absolutely love how effective the guns feel. A lot of this is down to the enemies, even your basic grunt robots show a great deal of detail when hit; paint gets stripped away, arms, legs and heads can be shot off, it never feels like you're just shooting at a sponge.

On that same note, genuine reasons to aim for certain body parts and to be somewhat tactical in your approach.

More importantly, BIG BO.

Sounds good lad and I like the total lack of gravitas or seriousness in the video... one expects to be rightly amused by the cutscenes :)

Suh-weeeeeeet game.

My 'eart, she lifts every time zis thread is bumped, but alas non, M'sieur; no news of un sequel.

Edit: Gavin, just be aware that the very start is not representative of the main game; the infiltration/intro/training level is a little lacklustre. Shit gets crazy after that, mind.

This is one of those games that everyone seems to like that I just can't stand, and the more people praise it the more annoyed I get that I just can't see what they like about it. All I liked was the characters; I thought the weapons and upgrade system were shit, I thought the level design was shit and the pacing was off, and I didn't think there was nearly enough variety in the enemies. It didn't help that I started using the "trust" mechanic with the worst voice command recognition I've ever witnessed that would get "yes" and "no" constantly mixed up.

I think it's the only heavily recommended game from this forum I've played that I thought was complete pants. Does ANYONE agree with me or am I on my own on this one???

It is not the perfect game by any means, but is ticks two boxes for me: satisfying gun play (shooting up robots with the upgraded weapon never gets old) and the diverse cast of characters and their banter.

The rest like the Trust system and the character upgrades are not that great, but at the same time not necessary to invest in. I categorise it is a flawed, fun, fast paced shooter. I can easily understand why people do not like it. But I think Bioshock 1 is utter rubbish, so what do I know.

This is one of those games that everyone seems to like that I just can't stand, and the more people praise it the more annoyed I get that I just can't see what they like about it. All I liked was the characters; I thought the weapons and upgrade system were shit, I thought the level design was shit and the pacing was off, and I didn't think there was nearly enough variety in the enemies. It didn't help that I started using the "trust" mechanic with the worst voice command recognition I've ever witnessed that would get "yes" and "no" constantly mixed up.

I think it's the only heavily recommended game from this forum I've played that I thought was complete pants. Does ANYONE agree with me or am I on my own on this one???

Your on your own.

No seriously, appalling opening level aside (what were they thinking, this so nearly got sent back to lovefilm after my first hour with it), its one of the best 3rd person shooters I have ever played.

And it has a crazy French robot, what more do you want?

I guess they were trying to set it up - but weirdly, because most of what you do in those first few stages never happen again. Swimming, crate box moving, slides, fast ropes...

There's some good moments in the first level, but it's paced way too slowly.

The only other thing this game needs? A level select where you have full gun upgrades when you start, or at least fully upgraded up until that level. The initial gun feels pretty weak when it's not being one of the most awesomely kickass guns in videogames that it becomes later on.

• 1 year later...

It is not the perfect game by any means, but is ticks two boxes for me: satisfying gun play (shooting up robots with the upgraded weapon never gets old) and the diverse cast of characters and their banter.

The rest like the Trust system and the character upgrades are not that great, but at the same time not necessary to invest in. I categorise it is a flawed, fun, fast paced shooter. I can easily understand why people do not like it. But I think Bioshock 1 is utter rubbish, so what do I know.

Don't believe this lie. It is excellent and well worth the £3.

I had the exact same thought, and reaction.

<_<

Saw the bump, hoped it might be news of a sequel.

Disappointment.

Sorry fellas but you're never getting a sequel.

Being a fan of Segas games like Binary Domain or the Yakuza series can be fucking painful.

• 2 months later...