Binary Domain

The Sarge

• 7 months later...
16 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Anyone tried this yet. I'm tempted cos it's only £10 on the store and it's a cracking game. 

Kayin, just upthread (albeit using the disc to activate it, but it'll run the same, downloaded software); it looks very nice:

17 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I stuffed in my disc copy!

Is this easily playable on PC? A quick google showed up a "controller fix" I'd prefer not to have to go down the mod route just to play a game. Saying that, this has been on my list of "unplayed games I really should play" for a long time now.

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Is this easily playable on PC? A quick google showed up a "controller fix" I'd prefer not to have to go down the mod route just to play a game. Saying that, this has been on my list of "unplayed games I really should play" for a long time now.

It's not inherently busted or anything, but last time I put it on the right stick on my pad wasn't working for aiming - that was about two weeks ago or so. It was working fine previously before then without having to mod it, but after a while away it just stopped working when I picked it up again. I didn't try fixing it in-game, had various other things to get to so just set it aside.

Haven't tried the fix, but it's weird that what was previously working fine just suddenly failed. 

For stability I'd consider the new update on Xbox if you have a recent system, and if not the PC version should work. And if it doesn't there's the slightly annoying mod route.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

I have a One X, if it's 60fps on that I'll give it a whirl...

Should maybe get an answer from someone who knows for sure, but I just looked it up and it's part of the FPS boost program which may be exclusive to Series S/X. I never owned a One X, so I don't know for sure, but the article I originally linked just mentions those two.

46 minutes ago, Thor said:

I have a One X, if it's 60fps on that I'll give it a whirl...

43 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Should maybe get an answer from someone who knows for sure, but I just looked it up and it's part of the FPS boost program which may be exclusive to Series S/X. I never owned a One X, so I don't know for sure, but the article I originally linked just mentions those two.

FPS boost is a Series S and X thing. It'll be 30 on One X

48 minutes ago, Thor said:

Cheers! :hat: I'll investigate PC options in that case.

I had no problems whatsoever using my Xbox 360 or XB1 controller way back when with the Steam version. Fwiw. But this was aaaaaages ago so I don't remember exactly. Absolutely fantastic game though.

The potato CPU in the 1X is still a potato. Iirc it's just the Xbone CPU slightly overclocked. Hence no CPU boost because it's a potato. 

9 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

I said it in a different thread too, but they should totally make a Judgment / Snatcher / Yakuza type of game set in the Binary Domain world. Judgment style sleuthing mixed with the shoot-outs from the original.

I think any type of game with a well paced mix of sleuthing and shoot-outs would be top of my list! And yes that mix above is also a great idea!

• 2 months later...

Happy 10th anniversary to the best third-person shooter of all time, released in Japan 16 February 2011!

And remember: aside from being available on PC, the 360 version is fully forwards-compatible, in full 60fps/4K glory. So download it today, and:

Enjoy! The most satisfying robot destruction.

Revel! In the most absurd pastiche of a Frenchman.

Delight! In the dumbest, best story in a third-person-shooter.

Weep! Over the fact we'll never get a sequel.

1 hour ago, Parappa said:

I tried to play this on the PC recently and could not get it to play nice with a pad. I need to try again.

Also is it better if you use a headset to issue commands or is it not worth it.

My PC version screwed up over time too regarding my controllers, so I grabbed the Series X one.

No need for the voice commands, you can do most of it through button prompts instead.