IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

So, switching memory cards. Do I just backup, replace card, restore - or do I need to go through the vita setup again?

That's what I did...

1) Backup the old card to my pc

2) swap to new card

3) restore the 8gb card backup to new 16gb

4) checked all games and saves were in place

5) reinserted 8gb to reformat for selling on

6) done

You can charge via USB but apparently only whilst the Vita's off — not sleeping, actually off.

I guess it's a voltage issue, although you'd think sleep mode would suffice; perhaps the Content Manager is part of the problem? Regardless, it should be okay if you're just looking to top up your Vita whilst doing other things.

Other than popping in my 16gb memory card, I have yet to turn mine off and it charges fine from sleep.

Other than popping in my 16gb memory card, I have yet to turn mine off and it charges fine from sleep.

Oh? I guess the person I read complaining about it was moaning about nothing, then; I've only used the USB cable to transfer content.

I REALLY want Katamari, is it cheap anywhere yet?

my boxed copy of Shinbido from Shopto came with discounts of 8 quid for both katamari and ridgeracer

therefore 16 quid for Katamari and 8 or so for Ridge Racer. Worth knowing if your planning on getting shinobido.

Never actually owned a Katamari If new to it is is worth getting the PS vita version? I played demos before and enjoyed the concept.

You can charge via USB but apparently only whilst the Vita's off — not sleeping, actually off.

I guess it's a voltage issue, although you'd think sleep mode would suffice; perhaps the Content Manager is part of the problem? Regardless, it should be okay if you're just looking to top up your Vita whilst doing other things.

The Vita charges fine while on in in use when connected to its AC adapter, but I've seen that it doesn't charge while on when connected to my PS3. It will charge from the PS3 while in sleep mode.

They've added a "price drops" section to the Vita store, though it's all PSP and PSN games. Katamari is definitely £5 cheaper than it was the other day too, dispite not being in that section. Encouraging with regards to the way prices are being treated.

Looks like Sony had problems with the US release of Unit 13. Apparently the online passes for both the digital and retail versions weren't working. Hope we don't get anything like that for the European/UK release. Thinking of buying it but not sure whether to go retail or digital.

I really surprised to hear that a few of you have had problems with Unit 13, I must have played the demo through around 15 - 20 times & never had a problem. Really looking forward to it, probably going to go physical as I still have a bit of credit for Gamestation.

I thought the fact that it carries over your progress to the main game is a really nice touch & it does mean that I'll be starting off with most of the characters at Lvl 4 ( the maximum the demo would allow me to get to )! :)

I can't get over what an instantly likeable device this is. Sony haven't managed that since the PS1, I don't think. I'm keeping my 3DS, I think it's a great system but this is something else. I even bought a 16gb memory card today and listed my 8gb on eBay whilst I was queuing in Asda. :)

Also, does anyone have tips for improving at Wipeout? This is the first iteration I've played properly (I have HD but I've not spent much time on it at all) and I've just finished the last single player race, but it was a real struggle for me to claim that top two position.

Typical racing game tips apply. Learn the tracks, so you know where turns, speed and weapons pads are, and what racing lines you should take. Due to the speed of the ships, memorising the track is very important in Wipeout, as grinding against the sides will kill your lap times and race positions.

This game specifically, use the 'WipEout' control scheme so that you have both airbrakes. The real skill in Wipeout is in the correct use of airbrakes, and learning the balance between how much direction to turn in on the stick with and without airbrakes. Zone mode is perfect for practising this. You should be able to perfect lap a few times before the speed gets too much. The hot lap that open up are a god send for seeing how you;re improving. Racing against your own ghost lets you see where you're going wrong on each track.

You can get through all the non-combat events over all three seasons just with the Feisar Speed ship, although the Pir'hana Agility that become unlocked at the end is a great replacement.

I just bought a Vita, I was going to trade in my 3DS as you get some pretty good trade in deals on the system (subsidized by SONY...clever!), but there are too many good games on it and good game coming, plus, the main reason, I had all the ambasador stuff, seemed a bit of a waste trading it.

Also, does anyone have tips for improving at Wipeout? This is the first iteration I've played properly (I have HD but I've not spent much time on it at all) and I've just finished the last single player race, but it was a real struggle for me to claim that top two position.

I tend to do an 'S' shape inbetween all speed and weapon pads. I do not recommend this strategy.

A slight niggle with PSN store.

I was going to buy Tales of Space monster things... I now have a 16 gb card after a quick purchase and flogon of my 8gb.

I have plenty of space but if I didnt I noticed the store does not tell me how big my prospective purchase in.. so if I only had 1 gig free it wouldnt say if I had space for it. Some games do but that one just says it needs 384kb for game save.

I can see me getting annoyed and researching once my card fills up becfore clicking the purchase button

I hope you're all pleased with yourselves! I'm trying to save money, but all your positivity means I now own a £200 Everybody's Golf machine :blush: Traded and selling some stuff to mostly fund it though, so not spending too much at least.

Also got Rayman and will probably get Uncharted with my Amazon trade credit. Verdict so far...awesome ^_^

It's an amazing piece of kit.

I wish they'd hurry the fuck up with the 32gb cards, though. I've got a £100 Amazon voucher earmarked for that. In the meantime, still trying to decide whether I want Unit 13 physical or digital...

FUCK YOU SONY FOR ADDING ANOTHER THING FOR ME TO HAVE TO DECIDE

My local Dutch game store had an 15 euro discount on any Vita game offer, which is pretty cool. Wanted to grab Unit 13 when I went to pick-up my copy of ME3, but it was already sold out. Ah well, waiting for the second batch to come in.

I hope you're all pleased with yourselves! I'm trying to save money, but all your positivity means I now own a £200 Everybody's Golf machine :blush: Traded and selling some stuff to mostly fund it though, so not spending too much at least.

Also got Rayman and will probably get Uncharted with my Amazon trade credit. Verdict so far...awesome ^_^

I predict meatball will be at the top of the Motorstorm RC leaderboards in no time.