Playstation Vita

I believe you can change difficulty during the game, which wasn't possible in the PS2 version, so there's less to worry about there. Also, Golden is more generous with its retries after you get KO'd, so I'd recommend Normal difficulty to start with, and then you can adjust it to suit if it's too tricky (difficulty modes have no impact on story from what I can tell, so you can tweak it with no consequences :) )

I'm not sure you can switch difficulty on the first playthrough.

Doh, you're right - just checked my saves (I have one on Playthrough 1 and one on NG+) and it isn't available on the first run. Even so, Normal difficulty's not too bad. Even if you do get smacked down on occasion you can restart the floor or teleport to the entrance as often as you like, so the setbacks aren't as bad as they were on PS2.

nice one for checking it :)

i'm terrible at turn based combat, and not really one for long games, so i play on the easiest available difficulty :blush: but yeah like you say you get more help than on the ps2 version, where even on easy i lost a number of hours to silly deaths.

Started on normal - cheers guys.

On another note, I've been playing TOMB quite a bit. This is how freemium should be, putting you at only a minor inconvenience for not shelling out instead of making micropayments a necessary crutch. It's also something of a rarity in that there's a solid game in there as well.

Gah! So frustrating. I picked up a PS Vita a couple of weeks ago, but there was a problem with the X button so I sent it back. I ordered another to arrive on the day I despatched the first one, so I could continue with Persona 4 uninterrupted but the damned thing hasn't arrived yet. I'm assuming it's snowbound in some depot somewhere or other, and meanwhile I've got Persona 4 and all the delights of PS+ sitting there in front of me with no way to access them. Feel my pain!

Anyway in the few days I had with it I was really impressed. After being pretty disappointed with the PSP I was a little reticent about he Vita, but any reservations I had disappeared pretty much completely within a few minutes of messing about with it. Now, please Mr Postman reunite me with it tomorrow!

Lucas has decided he really wants a Vita, so have decided to help him save for one.

Question is. Do I set up my account on both machines, or get him a PS+ subscription of his own? If I used my account, could they both run at the same time? Or would one sign out?

No sign of my P4G from Play-asia yet. I had a mad panic about having to pay import tax last night. I've not imported a game for at least 5 years. Do they still have that import tax thing?

:lol:

I'm afraid that yes, in the past five years the idea of taxing non-EU imports hasn't suddenly gone away ;)

Expect to pay 20% (i.e. the current rate of VAT) of the value of Persona 4 Golden if they've written it on the package,* plus a much larger handling fee of close to a tenner from whichever company is handling your package on this end :(

That said, you might get lucky - it depends on what's been written on the packaging, and how the customs officer is feeling when they get to your package.

*assuming it cost more than £18 - below that and it'd sail through customs without a hitch.

Lucas has decided he really wants a Vita, so have decided to help him save for one.

Question is. Do I set up my account on both machines, or get him a PS+ subscription of his own? If I used my account, could they both run at the same time? Or would one sign out?

This looks relevant:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/psvita/settings/subaccount.html

So it does seem like he can freeload all your games ;-) No doubt there will be some catch...

I await your impressions with genuine interest. I figure this totally isn't for me. For this 45-year-old bloke, obsessing over the relationship travails of a load of Jap teens has (less than) zero interest - it almost seems slightly dubious in that particular salaryman-subway-letchy way. I'm also not much of a JRPG fan.

And yet, and yet, the universal love for this, the hype in this very thread, and my drive to grab a good bargain means I am still, despite every instinct I have, teetering on the very edge.

You, yes you, catinthehat might just push me over.

Tick tock...

Sorry, but I've just cancelled my order. They still hadn't shipped it, and it was going to cost over 30 quid. I might as well just download it from the store.

Sorry, but I've just cancelled my order. They still hadn't shipped it, and it was going to cost over 30 quid. I might as well just download it from the store.

I've just done the same... Downloading from the PS store now. If I hadn't been flying to the states on Monday I'd probably have waited for it, but I kinda wanted it for the flight.

I've just done the same... Downloading from the PS store now. If I hadn't been flying to the states on Monday I'd probably have waited for it, but I kinda wanted it for the flight.

Yeah, but I probably won't download it from the store. Not until it's £20, anyway.

Let us know what you think, though. I'm really interested to hear the opinions of people who weren't originally interested in it.

In other news, Puddle's a bit shit, isn't it. Oh well, at least it's free*.