Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I think FIFA is decent. It starts with the season-starting lineups, but downloads the latest stuff. The lineup seems right for Sheffield United, anyway. I like the rear touchpad shooting, although it's not easy to use. Playing with shit teams in FIFA, they always balloon the ball all over the place, but it seems to have to comply with where I choose to strike the ball with the rear touch. I have no beef with the frame rate.

Is RVP in the Man Utd team?

One sec.

Yes. But, for instance, Raul Meireles is still in Chelsea squad and he left on the 3rd of September.

EDIT : Although I've just found you can tell it about transfers.

Argh! I'd get this if it was any game other than Fifa... Also, these are realitively hard to get secondhand without games and with a big memory card.

It's weird, I just presumed everyone would have PS+ and no physical games...

I have the original FIFA (which is identical to 13, but with older team names) and I think it's great. The back touch shooting is genius and I think it plays a decent game - yes it's based off the older engine, but it's still excellent. Weirdly, I noticed some framerate problems at the start, but it seems fine now. Probably my most played Vita game.

I do have one problem with one of my Vitas - in the dark (like pitch black) if I look at the screen when it's illuminated but black (if that makes sense) I can see blotchy patches all over it and around the edge. It's not a huge problem in normal play, but playing in the dark I can see them in darker scenes. Anyone else have this? It's bad on one of the Vitas, but not too bad on the other.

I have the original FIFA (which is identical to 13, but with older team names) and I think it's great. The back touch shooting is genius and I think it plays a decent game - yes it's based off the older engine, but it's still excellent. Weirdly, I noticed some framerate problems at the start, but it seems fine now. Probably my most played Vita game.

I do have one problem with one of my Vitas - in the dark (like pitch black) if I look at the screen when it's illuminated but black (if that makes sense) I can see blotchy patches all over it and around the edge. It's not a huge problem in normal play, but playing in the dark I can see them in darker scenes. Anyone else have this? It's bad on one of the Vitas, but not too bad on the other.

The 'blotches' are just a side effect of OLED screens. All Vitas will have them to some degree and I think they get less noticeable over time. I remember it being really prominent when I got mine at launch but I have to really hunt for them now.

Yeah, I also have this. It's not noticeable in normal play though so I'm guessing it's nothing to worry about.

I don't have anything as nasty as that, but when it's totally dark and the screen is also very dark, I can see a thick diagonal dark line across the screen. Not at all visible when the screen is displaying anything, and I can't easily see it in a light room.

The Mura effect's kind of a shame, but it never appears when things are happening. I bought my Vita off Ebay, so I was concerned that I'd been sold a duff one at first. As always though, it melted away when there was any light on screen.

I'd never heard of the Mura Effect (noted down as potential band name) so that's interesting, cheers. It's funny how it differs from Vita to Vita, and it's curious that you can only see it if the ambient lighting is very, very dim. But, as others have said, it's not a deal breaker - I've owned the Vitas for months and only just noticed it.

Fifa's actually pretty good. Handheld football games are usually terrible so this was a nice change. Bit jerky online though... just had an epic online 5-4 loss playing with my beloved Watford against PSG. Shame there's no kind of chat or anything like Virtua Tennis.

EDIT: Glad to see the spirit of ragequitting is still alive and well. Just had 2 in a row quit at the exact moment I won the game.