Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I was tempted to buy that in the supermarket the other day, but the lack of a single screenshot on the box rang alarm bells. But it's good? I'd be interested to hear more about it.

I'm sorry. I don't have much time personally to help you work out how to allocate your own precious leisure-time. Indeed, by writing this I've wasted 5 minutes of my own free time; time I could have used to make a beautiful origami swan, or learnt a new chord on the guitar. But here we are. Our respective lives spilling like sand through our fingers. Inching closer to death.

If forced I'd suggest Bulletstorm. It's short. It's funny. You can fit it around your busy life schedule.

Hell! I've been speaking too long. I've got a meeting at 9 and a jet sitting on the tarmac to get there. Nice speaking to you, and if you need any more help just e-mail my PA Janine.

not enough RPGs

A case of be careful what you wish for.

I can currently think of four english release rpg's on Vita currently available off the top of my head. There are currently more two confirmed for this year and at least 5 that haven't yet left Japan.

The problem with rpg's is that they tend to turn up close to each other, leaving you with little time to play them. I don't think it's a bad number for such a young device with the overly cautious publishers we have these days. It took a while for the PSP to get it's stock of RPG's and probably half of those were ports. Certainly the likes of Square put out very few rpg's on PSP that were new games.

I'm one of the few here, but I think the Killzone guys know how to make a good shooter. I think they forgot it a bit in KZ3, mind you, in the search, for COD-style spectacle and set-pieces. So I've got some hope for Killzone Vita. Hopefully, the Cambridge guys can do a sweet job.

Are the analogue sticks even usable for stuff like that or is just me being shit? I've started playing Uncharted a few times and given up because it feels so fiddly.

Set the stick sensitivity to the lowest and the tilt sensitivity to the highest. Aim with the stick and fine tune with tilt - works brilliantly.

Unit 13 has decent aiming though, so they do work fine. In fact, Unit 13 is bloody fantastic.

I was tempted to buy that in the supermarket the other day, but the lack of a single screenshot on the box rang alarm bells. But it's good? I'd be interested to hear more about it.

>>

I'm sorry. I don't have much time personally to help you work out how to allocate your own precious leisure-time. Indeed, by writing this I've wasted 5 minutes of my own free time; time I could have used to make a beautiful origami swan, or learnt a new chord on the guitar. But here we are. Our respective lives spilling like sand through our fingers. Inching closer to death.

If forced I'd suggest Bulletstorm. It's short. It's funny. You can fit it around your busy life schedule.

Hell! I've been speaking too long. I've got a meeting at 9 and a jet sitting on the tarmac to get there. Nice speaking to you, and if you need any more help just e-mail my PA Janine.

We need to have a chat about zings and how to do them, because it's clear you're struggling.

Vita Bundle - One thing about Japanese Vitas though is that the X and O are reversed (not physically, but in terms of Confirm and Back). I used to have terrible problems with that on my JPSP until I put a custom firmware on it. Some games just used X and O. Others reversed X and O but still prompted for the original buttons. I'm not sure how bad it would be with a Japanese Vita (I assume Vita native games would ignore it) but PSP emulation might be a bit chaotic.

Unit 13 has decent aiming though, so they do work fine. In fact, Unit 13 is bloody fantastic.

Yes indeed, played the demo recently and was pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately it seems full price everywhere and I've got enough to be playing at the mo anyway. Fingers crossed it comes up on PS+ at some point...

Unit 13 is awesome. Doesn't get enough love for my money

Yup, such a silent launch as well in a time when Vita had NO GAMES as well. Despite being a 3rd person shooter it certainly plays as a good FPS. I remember letting my kid brother (who's a total CoD head) have a go at Xmas and he was totally hooked.

Anybody played through Life of Pixel? How on earth do you do Floating Pools of Death in the C64 levels? I've more or less figured out where I need to drop to reach the various off-screen platforms you can't see but I can't figure out how to get to the left-most pool. None of the places I can jump from are close enough to reach the platform, even with double jumping.

Nice, played through Rayman on the 360 and wouldn't have double-dipped otherwise but I bet it looks ridiculous on this screen.

It does. One of the first games I tried a demo of when I got my Vita, and it melted my face.

Has anybody tried running that £54.99 Amazon deal for the 32GB Memory Card through Flubit? I'm starting to think that I should get around to saving for one of those instead of actual games..