Playstation Vita

Re: that Vita megaton game, Shahid has joined Neogaf to confirm the following;

OK, for NeoGAF, here is a clue. It's *not* a developer. It's a publisher. That's all you're getting. Just remember, my tweet wasn't a corporate tweet, so probably not wise to read *too* much into it. Just imagine someone like you who is on the inside and who *want* to tell people what it is, but *won't* because it would be too damaging. However, I can tell you that I'm excited about it, but hey, look at my stream, I get excited a lot!

To whoever was saying Thomas Was Alone is just block stacking - I thought the same but it really hits its stride by the 5th world and is really, really good.

Agreed. I found it a bit tedious until about the same point and was wondering why I was still persevering with it but the second half is fantastic and has some really clever level design. Bits of it make me want VVVVVV on Vita so bad.

I can't get my head round that quote. What's he saying??

My interpretation of stressing "publisher" is that it's internally developed by a studio within Ubisoft, Sega or whoever as opposed to a free agent like Insomniac or Gearbox. Not that that narrows things down much, but it does suggest that it will be a part of an existing property.

I'd say the other takeaway is to not get too worked up over a Tweet, as the 'net has a tendency to get into a froth over the smallest comment and are inevitably disappointed when it isn't Shenmue 3 or the like.

Woo! Top score of my friends this week on ToMB with 107 million. Absolutely killed it that game ^_^

Have just sent you a friend request Rsdio for some Everybody's Golf.

Also, is anybody here either "gecko_11_girl_11" or "realboystunner" on PSN? As I got requests off them, but don't recognise the names :unsure:

My interpretation of stressing "publisher" is that it's internally developed by a studio within Ubisoft, Sega or whoever as opposed to a free agent like Insomniac or Gearbox. Not that that narrows things down much, but it does suggest that it will be a part of an existing property.

I'd say the other takeaway is to not get too worked up over a Tweet, as the 'net has a tendency to get into a froth over the smallest comment and are inevitably disappointed when it isn't Shenmue 3 or the like.

Rumours abound that its a Watch_Dogs port. That'd be nice, but not a Megaton type announcement for me

I hope Sony don't spend any time sweating the result of this survey Edge reported.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/something-about-japan-is-there-hope-for-ps-vita/

Fucking idiot customers.

I don't know. No interest in social features, the bubbles UI is rubbish, no TV Out, not enough RPGs and PS+ doesn't motivate me to buy any new games because they'll probably end up on there anyway.

Sounds like exactly my experience with the Vita (which I do like). It's unfulfilled potential rather than anything else.

Sounds like exactly my experience with the Vita (which I do like). It's unfulfilled potential rather than anything else.

“There should be a TV-out and a removable battery"

“Even a toy camera has better resolution than the Vita’s cameras”

“There aren’t many games and it’s not fully featured enough to use as a tablet.”

“I want to read books on that beautiful screen but only manga is available on the Reader For PlayStation Vita app.”

“There aren’t enough games that take advantage of being portable.”

“It has nothing but social games and hunting games at the moment.”

“There’s too much reliance on download games and DLC, and with PS Plus I don’t feel motivated to buy games at all.”

They can all fuck off.

While I agree that some of the complaints are super whiney and in some cases just plain wrong I think there are also some that are pretty valid depending on how the thing's been marketed over there. If they've been pushing it as a multimedia device and people have been buying it with that expectation then I can understand them being disappointed since basically everything that isn't game-related (browser, UI, video codec support, the social stuff etc.) is fairly poor.

I don't really care about that shit though (barring the UI, a little bit) because I bought it as a games machine and from that perspective it's fucking amazing.

I was tempted to buy that in the supermarket the other day, but the lack of a single screenshot on the box rang alarm bells. But it's good? I'd be interested to hear more about it.

I'm sorry. I don't have much time personally to help you work out how to allocate your own precious leisure-time. Indeed, by writing this I've wasted 5 minutes of my own free time; time I could have used to make a beautiful origami swan, or learnt a new chord on the guitar. But here we are. Our respective lives spilling like sand through our fingers. Inching closer to death.

If forced I'd suggest Bulletstorm. It's short. It's funny. You can fit it around your busy life schedule.

Hell! I've been speaking too long. I've got a meeting at 9 and a jet sitting on the tarmac to get there. Nice speaking to you, and if you need any more help just e-mail my PA Janine.

not enough RPGs

A case of be careful what you wish for.

I can currently think of four english release rpg's on Vita currently available off the top of my head. There are currently more two confirmed for this year and at least 5 that haven't yet left Japan.

The problem with rpg's is that they tend to turn up close to each other, leaving you with little time to play them. I don't think it's a bad number for such a young device with the overly cautious publishers we have these days. It took a while for the PSP to get it's stock of RPG's and probably half of those were ports. Certainly the likes of Square put out very few rpg's on PSP that were new games.

I'm one of the few here, but I think the Killzone guys know how to make a good shooter. I think they forgot it a bit in KZ3, mind you, in the search, for COD-style spectacle and set-pieces. So I've got some hope for Killzone Vita. Hopefully, the Cambridge guys can do a sweet job.

Are the analogue sticks even usable for stuff like that or is just me being shit? I've started playing Uncharted a few times and given up because it feels so fiddly.

Set the stick sensitivity to the lowest and the tilt sensitivity to the highest. Aim with the stick and fine tune with tilt - works brilliantly.

Unit 13 has decent aiming though, so they do work fine. In fact, Unit 13 is bloody fantastic.