Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Anybody played through Life of Pixel? How on earth do you do Floating Pools of Death in the C64 levels? I've more or less figured out where I need to drop to reach the various off-screen platforms you can't see but I can't figure out how to get to the left-most pool. None of the places I can jump from are close enough to reach the platform, even with double jumping.

Jump from the pool immediately below it, around the right hand end of where you want to land.

Very short though, but considering it is episodic, I think it's priced appropriately

Yeah, I don't mind short if the pricing stays like this. Closest we have to a Professor Layton too.

Has anyone come across good deals on the Vita lately? I almost feel I have to have one when you have PS+ as it seems such a waste to see those games unavailable to play. The thought of having to splash out £50 for a decent memory card really pisses me off though.

I've just been playing Thomas Was Alone for the first time - utterly charming. The game itself is fairly simple, and I can't shake the feeling that Danny Wallace's voice over is playing a bit too closely to Stephen Fry's in LBP, but it's impossible not to be won over.

Has anyone come across good deals on the Vita lately? I almost feel I have to have one when you have PS+ as it seems such a waste to see those games unavailable to play. The thought of having to splash out £50 for a decent memory card really pisses me off though.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps-vita-wifi-3g-4gb-mem-card-lbp-169-99-argos-1553113?dforward=true seems to be the best right now. Trade in the game and memory card towards a larger card and you're good to go.

Picked up one of these Hori Vita Cases for £1.99 earlier from HMV on Oxford Circus. They had a couple of other Vita accessory bits (and quite a lot of Wii U and 3DS stuff) but that seemed the best offer.

May be nationwide. Who knows? Despite the negative Amazon review, it doesn't smell like a dead hobo.

Picked up one of these Hori Vita Cases for £1.99 earlier from HMV on Oxford Circus. They had a couple of other Vita accessory bits (and quite a lot of Wii U and 3DS stuff) but that seemed the best offer.

May be nationwide. Who knows? Despite the negative Amazon review, it doesn't smell like a dead hobo.

If you're using anything other than an old sock, you're doing it wrong.

Jump from the pool immediately below it, around the right hand end of where you want to land.

Thanks - I'd tried that and not managed to get high enough, but I guess I was getting the timing of the second jump wrong. Tried again, and managed it now.

Content-wise, no. But it plays better with the updated visuals and bomb flinging on the right stick. Also, trophies and leaderboards. :)

I was well on my way with perfecting every stage of the Minis version, but I stopped when I knew this was coming. To be fair, it's quite fun to do the earlier levels all over again, it's been so long that they feel fresh.

I got so many hours of fun our of this already and all for free, so I decided to donate a tenner to Futurlab. They deserve it.

Content-wise, no. But it plays better with the updated visuals and bomb flinging on the right stick. Also, trophies and leaderboards. :)

I was well on my way with perfecting every stage of the Minis version, but I stopped when I knew this was coming. To be fair, it's quite fun to do the earlier levels all over again, it's been so long that they feel fresh.

I got so many hours of fun our of this already and all for free, so I decided to donate a tenner to Futurlab. They deserve it.

cheers for the info :) yeah i enjoyed playing and trying to perfect the first few levels again too, but remember it becoming more of a chore on later levels, so i'll probably quit while i'm ahead in enjoyment terms. i don't mean to sound down on it, it's a great game, just one i've already played.

Boo. Just been catching up with my turn-based Everybody's Golf over breakfast and I hit a bug where I play a shot, send it, I get a successul confirmation but the match still said it was my go so I had to do it again and obviously I got a bogey this time.

Is rossi1969 someone from here?

Boo. Just been catching up with my turn-based Everybody's Golf over breakfast and I hit a bug where I play a shot, send it, I get a successul confirmation but the match still said it was my go so I had to do it again and obviously I got a bogey this time.

Is rossi1969 someone from here?

Was that our game? Your first shot came through OK, then I got a second message straight after but I couldn't play it as it wasn't my turn.

How did you get it to do that? I "purchased" it from the store whilst at work yesterday but my Vita, which was on standby at home, didn't download anything.

You have to leave your Vita in standby mode, it won't happen if it's fully switched off. Also you need to manually add your DL to the Download queue on the site. Also; I think its a PlayStation Plus-only feature.

ALSO: there might be an option you need to enable in the Vita's menu screens.

Was that our game? Your first shot came through OK, then I got a second message straight after but I couldn't play it as it wasn't my turn.

It was indeed. I think PSN was having a moment this morning, my cloud save uploads took about half an hour.