Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Just milling around the store and had a glance at the mobile bit... I have had a couple of things off there but not much. Saw life of pixel and recall hearing good things and got it... It is superb for 1.59 or whatever

Are there any other gems I missed!!!

I have lemmings and alien breed for nostalgia reasons.

If you treat the vita as simply an upgraded psp with a fantastic online store with loads of indie stuff it's a fantastic machine...

Think I'm gonna have to bail on Sine Mora, at that early sequence which inludes the dozen or so (frickin') lasers. Even on "normal" this is just too much for my feeble bullet hell skills. I can get through it with about 10 seconds spare and then die before the next time stabilisation.

Tell me it gets significantly harder still, so I know I can gib it off without fear of what I might have missed. It's pretty, but the story is bobbins and I've left-shoulder-buttoned all of it for fear of going mad trying to undersatnd it. So no real motive to bang my head against a brick difficulty curve.

Never mind, have Velocity Ultra to finish and then I'm on to Life of Pixel I reckon.

Think I'm gonna have to bail on Sine Mora, at that early sequence which inludes the dozen or so (frickin') lasers. Even on "normal" this is just too much for my feeble bullet hell skills. I can get through it with about 10 seconds spare and then die before the next time stabilisation.

Tell me it gets significantly harder still, so I know I can gib it off without fear of what I might have missed. It's pretty, but the story is bobbins and I've left-shoulder-buttoned all of it for fear of going mad trying to undersatnd it. So no real motive to bang my head against a brick difficulty curve.

Never mind, have Velocity Ultra to finish and then I'm on to Life of Pixel I reckon.

You know you can shoot the things emitting the lasers, right? Bullet hell skills don't really come into it. You just blow them up before you get to them.

But it doesn't matter, because yeah, literally 20 seconds on from that there's this awful instant death bit (rubbish chute) which I'm also stuck on and I can't be bothered trying any more.

I've moved onto Velocity Ultra now, which is more interesting in it's first five minutes than Sine Mora was in the entire time I played it.

You know you can shoot the things emitting the lasers, right? Bullet hell skills don't really come into it. You just blow them up before you get to them.

But it doesn't matter, because yeah, literally 20 seconds on from that there's this awful instant death bit (rubbish chute) which I'm also stuck on and I can't be bothered trying any more.

I've moved onto Velocity Ultra now, which is more interesting in it's first five minutes than Sine Mora was in the entire time I played it.

Aye, I shot plenty of them but the scroll through that bit is so slow, and I still take a few laser slices, that I'm usually kippered by the next bit. But as you say, if there's an effectively instadeath bit to come, I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Enjoyed Sine Mora so far, rubbish chute was annoying as is the turny maze boss i'm on now. Just played a bit of Velocity Ultra so much fun!

Thomas was alone keeps auto switching characters at the moment which is annoying or am i missing something?

Enjoying these kinda games at the mo not sure if i'll be able to get into the bigger stuff, uncharted etc.

Thomas was alone keeps auto switching characters at the moment which is annoying or am i missing something?

That shoudn't happen.. Switching chars is done with the L1+R1 buttons, or the touchscreen. Could you be accidentally doing either?

Is Strangers Wrath HD better on Vita or Ps3?

Technically the PS3 version shades the Vita version. There are some minor texture quality and framerate differences and the palette on the Vita version is slightly washed out in comparison, but ultimately it's an upscaled Xbox game so the two are pretty close. For sheer novelty factor I prefer it on the Vita. It's a great game, though some aspects of it have dated slightly.

Should I just bite the bullet and go for the 32GB card?

I'm completely in love with this little machine, it's just beautiful. I'm also surprised by how much I'm enjoying little big planet. It's not something I'd sit and play for hours but it's a nice change of pace for an hour here and there.

Technically the PS3 version shades the Vita version. There are some minor texture quality and framerate differences and the palette on the Vita version is slightly washed out in comparison, but ultimately it's an upscaled Xbox game so the two are pretty close. For sheer novelty factor I prefer it on the Vita. It's a great game, though some aspects of it have dated slightly.

Cheers!!

Should I just bite the bullet and go for the 32GB card?

If you aren't in dire need of the space you might as well wait until E3. It's less than a month away and if they're going to announce a price cut for peripherals — or introduce larger cards — it'll be there. Not that either move has been rumoured, at least as far as I've seen, but they aren't unreasonable expectations.

Finished Persona 4 this week. I've no idea why I stuck with it to the end, as it really annoyed me.

Anyway, now I need something else to play, and I'm thinking EDF. Is it still £50,000 or whatever it was on release (I remember it being expensive), or has it had a price drop yet? And no, I can't access the store from work to check. :)