IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I managed to get past the first level this morning - still need to tweak the controls - so obviously need to give it some more time. There's a few things I'm not mad on, but we'll see!

A few tips so you hopefully end up with the same glowingly positive impressions as me overall:

First off, buy the STA-52SE as it's a rad weapon with a large mag and a silencer fitted as standard. If you want to interrogate generals, have the M2 as your secondary so that you can tranq them and interrogate at your leisure instead of having to sneak up on them. If not, the LS13 shotgun is a good close range weapon.

Precision's more important than speed, always go for headshots if you can. Rushing in's fine, but mainly for melee or shotgun rampages. Doesn't work so well with an assault rifle since non-headshots can soak up a chunk of rounds before dropping them.

Vanguard's a matter of preference. There's a few bosses that are made infinitely easier with the Sky Fury, but the arc missile is a hilarious and useful tool as well. Mantys is great in multi, but I found it near useless in singleplayer.

Merc armor's my choice, though that's 100% because it makes you more money than the others.

Oh, and say hi to Boris for me when you meet him. That is all.

Have to say I'm kind of in awe at Uncharted at the moment - to be fair, it had me with the title music - but it feels spot on at the moment. Sure, it's a little bit gimmicky with throwing every Vita trick in there, but it's jolly good stuff.

My first Vita installs were FFVI and FFIX

If any of you guys have friends list room it would be great if you could send an invite my way, if only for comparing high scores etc - I don't get to play online as often as I'd like anymore. Thanks!

PSN: Jim_835

I've started on Ys Seven after picking it up cheap in the Big In Japan sale and while I'm only a couple of hours in I'm really enjoying myself and wishing I'd picked up the others while they were cheap too. It's a PSP title that's bright and colourful and vibrant and (of course) even more so on Dat Screen and it's really giving me a Final Fantasy vibe (the music especially puts me in mind of FF8) but with the added action combat mechanics which control really nicely on the Vita. For those of you looking at the FF games you could do a lot worse than checking this out, it's traditional, but new too.

If you're liking Ys Seven, you'd be worth keeping an eye for

being released in the US before the end of the year. It's the same combat system as Seven but tweaked a little bit to make it a bit tighter. No word on a EU release as yet but there's zero DLC or online component so it's import friendly.

Bought my 2nd vita (sold the last one during the great vita drought of 2012) today from Shopto for £135. Also a 16gb card.

Looking forward to getting back into all those vita games I've been downloading on ps+ as well as indulging in the indie revolution.

Is there an indie game section on the store and what should I be looking out for? I know about...

Retro City Rampage

Hotline Miami

Spelunkey

That horror one that's just come out.

Anything else?

Ace. I am going to go for some indie titles first.

I have been Vitaless for the last 10 months. Have I missed any other gems in 2013 that I need to pick up?

I did have a crazy notion of building up a physical library of games for it as I really like the cases and it would be nice to not have to download things if I want a quick play, however from checking ebay it seems that boxed Vita games do seem to hold their price quite well. Things that I would expect to be a fiver going for a tenner+.

Soul Sacrifice seems to split opinion. I've not played it but was put off after finding out it was Monster Hunter-esque (queue a ruck of people rocking up and telling me it's actually nothing like Monster Hunter...) Dragon's Crown isn't out in the UK until October.

Hey, SexTekken (as I amusingly call it) is amazing! Blitzed it last night: gorgeous to look at and plays fantastically well. I do have problems doing some of the moves easily, but i'm sure it'll come in time. Did people realise loads of the costume and alt colour packs are also free on PSN? Superb stuff.

I've got that thing where my Vita doesn't download in the background so I have to keep waking the damn thing up to download games - I'd swear someone on here had some crazy solution to it where you turn off background downloading and it works (or something) - anyone?