IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Talking of downloads, is anyone having problems downloading straight to the Vita from the store. Mine hangs of the 'preparing download' screen and i have to reboot the vita completely.

Appears to be quite a common problem.

I can download to the ps3 and transfer but its bloody annoying that I cant just download to the vita.

Mine downloads fine, whether it put it to sleep myself or not.

However, the store is weird. If you go into a section with a big list of games (15+), it probably loads the first ten or so, and then the others are blank. Tap on them and they're still blank. You have to tap on the last one that's showing (to view the details about it), and then the others start to populate slowly. Maddening.

Got my ovivo sim in the post and have activated it online. Also changed the APN from vodafone to gprsconnect and left the username and password blank but it still says vodafone on the vita and I cannot use 3g.

What am I doing wrong?

Right..sorted that out as it shouldn't be gprsconnect but ovivomobile.com but it still says vodafone top left.

And another question..somebody mentioned that you can swap £10 of credit for PSN credit. How do you do this?

Guacamelee is fairly moderate if you just want to complete the game. If you want the plat however it can be quite tough. Some of the plat forming and combos can be quite frustrating to complete in this case

I'm not fussed about trophies really so i'll give it a try, ta :)

I have it unticked, and it downloads in sleep mode. Also, I read somewhere that the sleep-mode downloads are more stable if you let the system put itself into sleep mode (ie after three minutes inactivity).

Sony's help page for this on the web site makes it seem like it should be called "Use Wifi Power Save Mode", where Power Save Mode is turning it off when idle. Power Save Mode isn't even the name of the Vita's standby feature. I think it's a typo!

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/psvita/settings/wifi_savemode.html

So I tried Street Fighter X Tekken and again I don't know why I do it to myself. I can appreciate how people love these games, but I just suck at them and don't have the skill to play them.

I am failing hard in the challenge mode and can't even beat the first one (win using only normal moves). I even struggled to get through the tutorials :lol:

Why oh why oh why can't you filter what games you have available to download on the store.

I have something like 400 things in my download list and not being able to filter on Vita is horrible. Its the same on the PS3 I think.

How hard is it to have half a dozen categories. PSP. PSN, Mini. PS3. Vita. etc. Anybody got a better way?

And another question..somebody mentioned that you can swap £10 of credit for PSN credit. How do you do this?

I did this.

You need to put your ovivo sim in a normal phone.

Go to the "Add funds to wallet" screen on the SEN website, choose "Use mobile", add £10 then continue.

The next screen asks for your mobile number, use the ovivo one and it'll send you a text, reply to it and a massive £10 should be yours.

£15 won't work as you need to text, which costs 10p.

I saw a FIFA 13 bundle in HMV (in-store) with a 4gb card reduced to £149.99. Suppose you could sell the FIFA code if you wanted to bring the price down a bit more. That seems cheap, looking at a quick Google search?

They were also selling those new Pulse Wireless PS3 headphones (which are PS4 compatible - http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/18/4534374/ps4-will-support-ps3-wireless-headsets) for £80, reduced from £130.

So, I can:

1) Order a 32GB card from Amazon that won't ship until Friday at the earliest

2) Order a 32GB card from Sainsbury for a couple of quid more that could take 2-5 days to arrive, i.e. Tue to Fri

3) Reorder a Mega Pack to be there on Tue for sure.

Dilemma!

So somebody explain spelunky to me. I've been playing it and struggling.

It's an old Skool platformer.

It's rock hard.

Randomised dungeons.

Get to the exit and rescue the damsels.

Is that about it? Also how do you actually rescue the damsels? I tried whipping them but they kept dying.

It looks awesome and I love the music but wasn't sure if I was playing it right. :(

I'll try my best to answer, but i'm still getting used to it myself.

Firstly, each area/location is split into 4 stages. So the Mines we'll call 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 & 1-4.

You have a certain amount of life/hearts to reach the end of 1-4. Death means you're back to 1-1.

If you reach the end of 1-4, The Tunnel Man will appear, and if you pay him what he wants, he'll open a shortcut, so that you can go straight to 2-1 from here on out. Note that this shortcut is accessed from the 'climb down rope'/hub screen, up the ladder to the left. I spent hours not knowing it was there. lol!

Rescuing a Damsel adds one heart to your tally.

You pick up items like rocks/torches/Damsels, by crouching then pressing X.

One tip i only just discovered, is if there is a serious drop below you, walk to the edge, crouch, press triangle, and he'll attach a rope in-front of you that leads down.

Most important tip: don't throw ya Vita at the wall. ;)

So somebody explain spelunky to me. I've been playing it and struggling.

It's an old Skool platformer.

It's rock hard.

Randomised dungeons.

Get to the exit and rescue the damsels.

Is that about it? Also how do you actually rescue the damsels? I tried whipping them but they kept dying.

It looks awesome and I love the music but wasn't sure if I was playing it right. :(

It's a wonderful game, give it time.

Lots of intricacies to it. I think you press B to carry her. You can then either carry her to the finish or sacrifice her, which will both have different outcomes.

Give it time, its a game of depth, which rewards you the longer you spend on it.

Ok, bought myself a 32gb memory card. Question now is, how do I make the switch from the 8gb one? I've downloaded everything direct to my vita so there's nowt on my ps3. Do I just whip one out, insert the other and start the marathon re-download of everything or do I need to do any prep first?