IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

I don't understand what the USB charging thing is? What's the problem with using the regular lead?

Here you go Iooked into it ages ago and modded (butchered) my own vita cable, dead easy.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/236209-playstation-vita/page-268#entry8497821

Tl;dr? - vita insists on a "handshake" with charger and most USB chargers don't. The mod forces the data cables to short so vita accepts a "shorted" handshake

Finally got my 32gb card in the mail and installed a backlog of PS+ goodies.

My son loved Lego LOTR and I had a blast on Sine Mora, I didn't even know this was a side scrolling shooter - haven't played anything like this in years. I love the art style and boss fights, great fun.

Also got a grip which makes things so much more comfortable http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009NWGZ1O/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1380570608&sr=8-2π=AC_SX110_SY165

Will play these over the net few weeks: VLR, Unit 13, Velocity Ultra, Katamari, Gravity Rush (couldn't get into this before, but seems to be well received), UC:GA and Rayman Origins

Why is this console not selling, it's wonderful with great games. Maybe bundle it with a PS+ sub?

Well someone at work started asking about mine last week. He was selling his 360 and a big pile of games and was looking at the Vita so he could have something to play without trying to get the Tv free. He plays phone/tablet games but I guess he wanted something more substantial as well. He was quite interested in Uncharted so naturally I let him have a go on it and that made his mind up pretty quickly.

His xbox sold so he just ordered a Mega Pack bundle and 16gb card (he wanted a 32 but no one has them). he's also bought a few games that have been on Plus already and so were cheap on ebay. He's probably going to get Plus after the trial runs out, he's not keen on SFxT as a thing and I doubt Katamari will interest him so I'll make sure to let him know the next games when announced.

I guess it's still a case of educating people. Many are curious but need a bit of a push to convince them. The price drop and Plus have helped a lot, but word of mouth is still king. The guy at work won't care much about indies so it still needs a retail presence which still isn't there.

I guess, also, everyone these days has a tablet or phone and games on those are comparatively cheap and easy to get hold of and similar in power.

It's the controls on a Vita that sold me, I could never play an FPS, racer or platformer on an ipad

I've been trying for ages to post a decent score on Legacy of Golf Links (Everybody's Golf) and I managed to go round in -11 tonight, 11 birdies, 0 bogeys, 61.5% perfect impact. I'm not sure I will beat that. Anyone got a better 1 round score? I reckon I could get maybe 2 or 3 better, but you just need so many things to go in your favour.

I've been trying for ages to post a decent score on Legacy of Golf Links (Everybody's Golf) and I managed to go round in -11 tonight, 11 birdies, 0 bogeys, 61.5% perfect impact. I'm not sure I will beat that. Anyone got a better 1 round score? I reckon I could get maybe 2 or 3 better, but you just need so many things to go in your favour.

Man, I'm not challenging you to a game. I think my best might be +11.

It's a great course but can be so, so unfair. There are points where you can hit it to 3m and have a birdie putt that's basically impossible and end up taking a double bogey.

I used to play the first PSP game obsessively on my old train commute, always trying to get the 'perfect' score on the first course (not sure what it was called). I think the best I ever got to was -25. I'm no good in actual competition though!

OK, seeing as we have some real experts in here, and not being a troll (I love EG) - but where does the skill lie? I'm not doubting for a moment there is significant skill, I just can't identify it. I suspect you guys are operating on a whole other level than me.

All I do, is use the suggested club, adjust a bit for wind, then use the suggested power. Then apply some simple adjustment rules of thumb to putt. That's good enough to net me a birdie 75% of the time on the first few courses. How do higher levels players approach it?

I've a feeling I could open up a whole new dimension to the game!

They probably use that fancy spin and stuff that you get at higher loyalty levels. I wouldn't know, as I've not been able to play much.

One thing I do wish is that there was some way to know the special tasks for each round. Given they're hidden and could be pretty much everything it's not likely I'd ever even guess half of the damn things without looking up the criteria.

One thing I do wish is that there was some way to know the special tasks for each round. Given they're hidden and could be pretty much everything it's not likely I'd ever even guess half of the damn things without looking up the criteria.

Apparently you do get told them after you beat all the first level "boss" characters for each course. Guess they feel if you haven't done that, you aren't ready!

OK, seeing as we have some real experts in here, and not being a troll (I love EG) - but where does the skill lie? I'm not doubting for a moment there is significant skill, I just can't identify it. I suspect you guys are operating on a whole other level than me.

All I do, is use the suggested club, adjust a bit for wind, then use the suggested power. Then apply some simple adjustment rules of thumb to putt. That's good enough to net me a birdie 75% of the time on the first few courses. How do higher levels players approach it?

I've a feeling I could open up a whole new dimension to the game!

The difference in the later courses is generally the greens and how hard putting becomes. In the first few you can essentially hole any putt, and 3 putts are very rare. The later courses you can hit what you think are perfect shots and end up with totally unplayable putts / bunker shots. The wind also becomes more of a factor and there is much more O.B. / punishing rough / huge drops off cliffs. There's a much larger emphasis on hitting the fairway and birdies become extremely difficult unless you do hit the fairway, even if you're not three off the tee after hitting into a hazard. My best scores on the first few courses are all -20 or better, the last few (not DLC) are all around -10.

The higher level characters, whilst hitting the ball further, you have to be much more accurate with your strike. Playing as Izzac, unless you get a perfect impact you really have no control of where the ball is going, so your timing has to be perfect. I also very rarely play any shot without 'blue' spin to counteract the wind and take the run off the ball into the harder greens. You also have much more chance of long hole outs with super backspin / super topspin due to all the associated trick shots.

For me it's just a perfect score attack game with lots of variables so no two rounds are perfectly alike.

Apparently you do get told them after you beat all the first level "boss" characters for each course. Guess they feel if you haven't done that, you aren't ready!

Aha! I got one by accident then (on one of the first lot of courses) and that made me look the rest up and think "what the".

Am I just rubbish at games? I'm really struggling with spelunky. Lovely game - great mechanics. But i can't get past the second "world" (jungle). Is it, in everyone's opinion, a hard game? Or have i just become too old/decrepit/never really had the reflexes to play a platformer where you need to be super accurate?

In other news, Hotline Miami is all sorts of win.

LOVING my vita, PS+ and my 32gb memory card. No longer do i have to bagsie the telly and invoke the ire of my wife! So to you all, dear Vita thread contributors, thankyou for writing so affectionately and excitedly about it that i went out and bought one. I owe it all to you.

It's just really hard, and partially it's down to impatience. It seems like you can blast through every level, but that's why I ended up dying all the bloody time. Even on the PC original I never got beyond the Jungle, rarely reached it in fact.

It's just really hard, and partially it's down to impatience. It seems like you can blast through every level, but that's why I ended up dying all the bloody time. Even on the PC original I never got beyond the Jungle, rarely reached it in fact.

Not just me then! Phew :P

Am I just rubbish at games? I'm really struggling with spelunky. Lovely game - great mechanics. But i can't get past the second "world" (jungle). Is it, in everyone's opinion, a hard game? Or have i just become too old/decrepit/never really had the reflexes to play a platformer where you need to be super accurate?

In other news, Hotline Miami is all sorts of win.

LOVING my vita, PS+ and my 32gb memory card. No longer do i have to bagsie the telly and invoke the ire of my wife! So to you all, dear Vita thread contributors, thankyou for writing so affectionately and excitedly about it that i went out and bought one. I owe it all to you.

It's fucking hard. Only played for an hour or two but I've not gotten out the mines yet.

Also. Hotline Miami is fucking hard (though brilliant) . Though I may just be shit at it. That game is like a total war if attrition for me. I must die at least a hundred times on most levels.

The instant restarts on Hotline Miami make it pretty bearable I thought, I never gave up on a section without getting through it in one session.

Totally. I get the impression that's the point. But sometimes it's just like...

Start die.

Start kill die.

Start kill die.

Start kill kill die.

Start kill die.

Start kill kill kill die.

Start kill die etc.

It's brilliant and I don't really get frustrated as such but it's such a hardcore mechanic.

I love the loop that forces to to push harder and get frustrated and get killed due to trying to rush. It's so rewarding as well how sections that seem hard at first quickly become almost muscle memory. Loved every second of it (actually apart from the very end).

Totally. I get the impression that's the point. But sometimes it's just like...

Start die.

Start kill die.

Start kill die.

Start kill kill die.

Start kill die.

Start kill kill kill die.

Start kill die etc.

It's brilliant and I don't really get frustrated as such but it's such a hardcore mechanic.

I'm the same. Although, as i suggested with my spelunky woes, i might not be very adept!

The one thing i don't get though on hotline miami is the level score. Mine are always 15-30% of the maximum score you can get for the level. Am i missing something like longer combos? I mean, i can dispatch 3 or even 4 bad guys in a room, but am i supposed to be linking this up room to room somehow?

Both briliiant games though. Hardcore but great fun.

Still have never got past 2-3 in Spelunky at most, those Tiki Traps get me every time, or suddenly it'll be a dark level or something if I'm having a good run. Still struggle to fire up any other game on my Vita mind, I'm sure it'll click after 1,000 deaths.

Hotline Miami on the other hand, if you're doing the start-kill-die loop constantly you're doing something wrong I reckon. It's obviously not a game of barging in all guns blazing all the time, you have to be careful.