IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Spelunky is now doing my head in. I've unlocked all of the shortcuts, but realised I have to start at the beginning to give me the best shot at actually completing the game. And even then I'll get all the stuff I need (jet pack, shotgun, plenty of maidens saved/sacrificed, etc) and die due to something totally stupid.

Yet... I can't stop playing it!

Oh absolutely, but considering you sometimes literally can't kill everyone in the room quickly enough you will die constantly if that's all you do. I just mean you need to consider the situation a different way if you keep dying to frustrating levels.

Oh absolutely, but considering you sometimes literally can't kill everyone in the room quickly enough you will die constantly if that's all you do. I just mean you need to consider the situation a different way if you keep dying to frustrating levels.

It's great though when you do get 'fuck it' frustrated and just barge in all guns blazing and somehow survive it.

I'm actually surprised at the amount of multiplayer I'm getting in on Vita - flip-flopping between KZ:Mercs and Soul Sacrifice. I've always regarded multiplayer as the big impressive thing that current gen consoles can do over previous gens, so seeing full-fat MP on a handheld kind of blows me away.

If you've dipped into the LEGO games before on Vita and each time felt a sick feeling in your stomach at the obvious 3DS conversions with rancid graphics quality, blocky cutscenes, stodgy controls and stupid design choices then I am here to tell you that there is hope. LEGO Chima is actually almost decent. It seems to run at native rez (though is still a 3DS conversion), feels snappy, has the camera a sensible distance away and has audio that doesn't sound like it was recorded on a potato. The cutscenes look like somebody bothered to re-render them for the Vita too and it's actually quite fun to play. My kids are vaguely in to Chima (they don't have any of the toys, but have not been able to avoid the marketing blitz from LEGO - personally I think they're too like Ninjago but what do I know?) so for £13, even if you've been horrified by LEGO Batman 2 and LEGO Lord of the Rings, then this might be one to get if you fancy some brainless LEGOing or also have kids who are in to it.

I fired up LEGO LOTR just to check my mind wasn't playing tricks and switched it off again in 5 minutes when I confirmed it wasn't. It sort of bodes well for future TT Fusion games - maybe we won't ever get proper conversions of the home console versions, but I'd take the quality of Chima applied to Marvel Super Heroes even if it means losing the hub world.

Totally. I get the impression that's the point. But sometimes it's just like...

Start die.

Start kill die.

Start kill die.

Start kill kill die.

Start kill die.

Start kill kill kill die.

Start kill die etc.

It's brilliant and I don't really get frustrated as such but it's such a hardcore mechanic.

It's all about the ambushes for me. Take the idea of enemies rushing to kill you whenever you fire a shot and use it against them - make yourself cosy in a dead end and let them come flooding in. :) Of course, it doesn't always work out every time, but it can help...

In other random news, the Vita Slim (PCH-2000) will be out in Japan next week, so it'll be interesting to see what people make of it...

Yo, I just bought a vita to mainly play the supposedly superior version of Dragon's crown next week. It turns out there are millions of games on the PS store to try out while I wait. Is there a way of bookmarking games like on 3DS e shop? I need to go buy a PS Plus sub before I buy anything so would be handy for now. Is there a best place to buy the year sub too?

Add me do, I'm commodore_amigo