IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

What should I buy for my Vita, Spelunky, Hotline Miami or Pixeljunk Monsters?

Ive never played Pixeljunk Monsters. Spelunky however is one of my favourite games of the past few years, its absolutely brilliant. Hotline Miami is great too, but very short. I completed it in a few hours or so, whereas I must have put in at least 100 hours into Spelunky. Buy both! they are both great games, and we should support excellent indy games like these :D

I managed about five minutes before turning it off in disgust. So glad I hadn't paid for it!

Lego LOTR on Vita was honestly one of the worst games I've ever played. So grim.

Booted it up once for a few minutes. My character got stuck on a bit of scenery so i had to quit. Havent played it since

It's such a shame that it's no good on Vita. The 3DS version is really really good. But yes, I agree that the Vita version is "below expectations".

I keep making the mistake of putting Spelunky on for "a quick game" around 11pm before I go to sleep.... it's not working out too well. The problem is that I've got Spelunky on Vita, PS3, and 360, so it's in pretty much every room of our apartment. Can't escape it!

Spelunky is great but once I realised that the tunnel man let's you skip the caves it kind of killed it for me. I wanted the challenge of working through the whole thing right from the start and of course I can still do that, but knowing that there was a shortcut took something away from the game and the magic was gone. It's weird. You know how a game sometimes just dies in your head.

The tunnel man is there just so you can get used to the later areas. If you use them it stops you posting to the leader-boards and some other levels are shut off entirely due to extra requirements. The game is designed to played through from the beginning each time, best demonstrated by the need for shop items, and health build-up from the early levels.

It's brilliant, but it's way too hard for me.

I think I've come across a bug on level 5 ("The Package") of Killzone Mercernary.

The kid and the pale scientist have escaped from the bar, and I've fought off two waves of Helghast. I am then informed that a heavy is coming after me... but as yet he hasn't come into the bar. I'm just stuck inside, and "the heavy" is on the outside. I've tried shooting him through the window but that doesn't seem to work, and I've tried killing myself with a grenade (thank goodness this isn't real life) but then I just respawn in the same situation.

So I guess I'll need to restart the whole level and hope it doesn't happen again? :-(

If you can't get out of the bar and the heavy is walking around outside that sounds like a bug. It's probably been addressed in the next patch which should be up soon.

Yes, that's what has happened. There is no way for me to get out the bar, and the heavy is just standing outside. Is he meant to open a door or blow a hole in the wall or something? I've killed all the soldiers that entered the room. I haven't experienced a bug like this since Beyond Good & Evil on the GameCube!

I guess if this hasn't happened to anyone else then it will perhaps not happen again if I reattempt the level. Still annoying though!

Can anyone explain to me what this:

< o >

Button prompt means on Walking Dead Vita? To get past those bits now I just mash all the buttons and triggers. What does it actually mean? It looks like an analogue stick (a circle in a circle) but wiggling them does nothing. O alone does nothing. Mashing everything gets me past, but it's a bit immersion breaking.

In general the Vita version is janky, but then so are the console versions. Even the PC version is janky. Doesn't detract much from the game though.

Is anyone else getting Dragon's Crown for Vita this week? I'll be looking for online players once I unlock it. Hopefully Shopto will get it to me by tomorrow or Thurs, so anyone else playing feel free to invite me.

I have it, so if you see me, then feel free to join :)

Pixel Junk Monsters has completely hooked me again. I adored it on PS3 years ago, but I am now totally addicted again on Vita. Seems a perfect fit for the game too.

How creepy is Lone Survivor, I can't play it for more than 30 mins before needing a break :blush: