Playstation Vita

Robo_1

Thanks Stanley and Wiper. Yeah, I have no idea what went wrong either, before I left it was charged, connected to wifi, firmware updated, signed into PSN (I'm still a + member for months yet) and updated each game that needed an update.

I was disappointed that hardly anything I had worked in the end! :(

Mm, people looking for a "traditional" JRPG can come away from P4G disappointed, but on the flipside you have people who are tired of fantasy settings and orchestral scores and random battles who find it all quite refreshing. The long intro is long but I was coming from P3 so I kind of knew to expect that. :)

I had the same issue on holiday, unable to start any PS+ titles without wifi - Iwas on the Trans Siberian Express train. They have hot water and that's it.

Also I agree that Persona 4 Golden is just baffling. I really stuck with it, 12 hours in and nothing at all of any interest happened. I think I gave someone a fishing rod once. Don't neg me for this, I'm sure I'm missing the point, it's just that I really have no idea where that point is, or if I could ever find it. I tried - really tried - to love it, 12hours of play shows that... but what the hell are you supposed to do? I went into the TV in Junes a couple of times and completed the battles in there, from those sections all I do is read text boxes, make decisions that affect the next couple of lines of text, and the go home. Even tried to play football a couple of times and just had conversations about football with minimal interaction.

I had the same issue on holiday, unable to start any PS+ titles without wifi - Iwas on the Trans Siberian Express train. They have hot water and that's it.

Also I agree that Persona 4 Golden is just baffling. I really stuck with it, 12 hours in and nothing at all of any interest happened. I think I gave someone a fishing rod once. Don't neg me for this, I'm sure I'm missing the point, it's just that I really have no idea where that point is, or if I could ever find it. I tried - really tried - to love it, 12hours of play shows that... but what the hell are you supposed to do? I went into the TV in Junes a couple of times and completed the battles in there, from those sections all I do is read text boxes, make decisions that affect the next couple of lines of text, and the go home. Even tried to play football a couple of times and just had conversations about football with minimal interaction.

Fair play for trying. I got about 3 hours in and thought sod this.

On the Persona discussion: I sort of feel the same way. It's okay. It's been okay throughout. But anything that started as interesting has grown into a grind and a slog.

Unfortunately, I'm tens of hours approaching the end of the year... So I feel like I am obliged to press on with it at some point.

For me, the difference between Persona's grind and slog and other JRPGs grinds and slogs is that P4 goes out of its way to distract the player and give them various activities to do each day that can help the player work towards bigger goals in the main game. You know the end boss is going to wreck your shit in a few months so you need to work on your social links before then, except some of those social links aren't interested in you because you haven't been boosting the right stats just yet, so you go around town and find the right jobs on the bulletin board that help to boost those stats, except now one of those jobs has opened up another social link that allows for more fusions in the Velvet Room, so you go back to the dungeon and work on shuffle time to build up some money to summon personae for the fusions you're after, but in doing so you've picked up some awesome new materials so you might as well go to Daidara and unlock some more weapons, and just when you realise that you haven't made time for your original plans, you find that exams are coming up and there's a holiday trip to plan for in a few weeks as well...

Or you could press X through the dialogue, navigate to the Dojima residence, go to sleep in your room and repeat until you get destroyed by the next mandatory boss. The calendar events and deadlines of Persona are predetermined, but the game's not interested in holding your hand through the rest of it and telling you how you should spend each day. :) If you go between mandatory dialogue scenes and dungeons without doing any of the other stuff available to you in-between, you might as well be playing any other old-fashioned JRPG. :D

(Usual disclaimer about people not necessarily being wrong for finding P4 uninteresting, and that I'm just IMOing all over the place)

It's in the cloud but when I put the cart in it says I need to delete the digital version and when I did that, it warned me it was going to nuke everything. Just wondered if anyone else had done it before.

I'd be interested to know how that pans out for you as I'd always assumed that since cart game saves don't save to the cart itself that they were easily interchangeable. I can see me picking up a digital Persona 4 at some point but I want to keep my 70-hour save from the cloud if I do.

Superbeat Xonic can be played with touchscreen or buttons

I had kind of hoped this was the case, but the confirmation is welcome. I think the radial style gameplay will suit touchscreens really well, but buttons might be useful for more hectic stages that need more precision. :)

Another rhythm game? Yuss. I hope it has some kind of latency adjustment for PSTV use, Dancing All Night doesn't and it's a bit of a bummer.

It's in the cloud but when I put the cart in it says I need to delete the digital version and when I did that, it warned me it was going to nuke everything. Just wondered if anyone else had done it before.

As far as I know it nukes everything relating to the game from the memory card its stored on if you delete from the vita but the cloud save stays backed up.

Certainly had worked for me that way when going from a physical copy to digital

Speaking of which: rhythm game recommendations on Vita or PS4?

^ Persona 4 dancing all night is amazing.

Dj max is good too, but I never really got on with the music in that.

I hope it has some kind of latency adjustment for PSTV use, Dancing All Night doesn't and it's a bit of a bummer.

Thats a shame, I was thinking about getting one and setting it up as Japanese to get the dlc.

Dj max is good too, but I never really got on with the music in that.

Fever's not bad and is on the Store if rhythm fans want to go down the PSP route, but yeah the music is hit and miss. I never got around to importing Technika Tune so I don't know what that was like...

Sorry if it's a repost - earlier this week the PS EU blog posted some news about two new "mega pack" collections on the way:

PS Vita Hits Mega Pack – coming September 2015

Uncharted: Golden Abyss: Help Nathan Drake on a thrilling quest to uncover the dark secret behind a Spanish expedition to Central America 400 years ago.
Tearaway: Tear into a new action-packed platforming adventure as you guide a plucky little messenger through a world made totally, utterly and completely out of paper. Use the rear touch pad to poke your fingertips right into the game world to move objects and attack baddies.
LittleBigPlanet™ PS Vita: To return Carnivalia to a place of fun and happiness, Sackboy must embark on a shiny new adventure to bounce, grab, swing and grapple through five amazing worlds using all the touchy-feely magic of PS Vita.
When Viking Attack: Defend the towns of Britain from an invasion of naughty Vikings in this frantically funny arcade bash-em-up.
PS Vita LEGO Action Heroes Mega Pack – coming October 2015
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham: Suit-up as the Caped Crusader, join forces with the Super Heroes of the DC Comics universe and blast off to outer space to stop the evil Brainiac from destroying Earth.
The LEGO Movie Videogame: Join Emmet and an unlikely group of resistance fighters in their heroic quest to thwart Lord Business’ evil plans – a mission that Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously unprepared for. This wild ride includes a surprising mix of over 90 playable characters inspired by the film.
LEGO The Hobbit: Travel to Middle-earth to explore several key locations from the films – visit Bag End, trek through the treacherous High Pass over The Misty Mountains, and discover the depths of Goblin Town, Mirkwood and Rivendell.
As with all Mega Packs, there are two bundle options:
The memory card bundle (€39.99 RRP) – comes with an 8GB memory card and a PlayStation Store voucher code so you can download all the games in the pack.
The PS Vita + memory card bundle (€199.99 RRP) – includes an 8GB memory card and a voucher code for the games, as well as an all-important PS Vita system to play them on.

I've only really played one of those games so I can't say whether they're good or bad offers... but then I really liked Tearaway, and getting it with three other games for the price of a full game seems pretty good. :D

Fever's not bad and is on the Store if rhythm fans want to go down the PSP route, but yeah the music is hit and miss. I never got around to importing Technika Tune so I don't know what that was like...

Oh that's cool, didn't know that psp version was available. It'll be completely different to the vita version as that's all touch screen.

Sorry if it's a repost - earlier this week the PS EU blog posted some news about two new "mega pack" collections on the way:

I've only really played one of those games so I can't say whether they're good or bad offers... but then I really liked Tearaway, and getting it with three other games for the price of a full game seems pretty good. :D

All those games are pretty cheap on the store, and always featuring in sales. Personally I'd put the money towards a bigger card or on games you really want.

So Superbeat Xonic featured on the PS EU blog recently - there's not a huge amount of news we don't already know, but there will be about 50 songs, and 4-track / 6-track modes, which I imagine will work like DJ Max - you either have tons of notes coming down four lanes or slightly fewer notes across six lanes. The 6-track format didn't always work too well with DJ Max Fever's small presentation, but I think it'll be great with Xonic's radial format. :) Not much else is revealed in the update but they say it's coming to Vita "very soon"...

I use the Vita a lot for remote play. Think it's really good for that.

But I have to admit, I am running out of games that I 'want' to play. Which is completely subjective of course, but still.

It's a shame, as it is a great machine. Something always seems to pop up though just in time....for example...

....Quite looking forward to Super Time Force Ultra on PS+ in September.

And I haven't done Rayman Legends yet after loving Origins.