IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

It could be that there's nothing wrong with the battery, I had an issue where it seemed to drain almost immediately. But I just took the battery out and reinserted it, which forces the vita to re-calibrate something or other and it's been fine since. This is after using and charging the vita pretty much every day for a couple of years. So I'd try that first.

It's easy to take apart and put back together assuming you have a screwdriver that fits.

It was much easier to replace the battery than I expected, maybe twenty minutes to do.
The only fiddly part was connecting the battery cable to the board. In the end I practiced with the older (removed) battery cable and then was able to do it. Have just put the Vita on charge fingers crossed it is an improvement. All in, cost me about £15.

Here is the kit and the Vita opened up and the older battery removed.

ZLVnjCH.jpg

nTg6zGH.jpg

Feeling chuffed that I was able to do this, was rather hesitant and even queried with some local electrical repair stores for quotes on doing the work, but pleased I decided to venture and try it myself.

Wonder if anyone can help with a issue Im having with RetroArch.
It has been working fine for ages but today (after I replaced the battery) its not playing ball. Everytime I try and launch it now, the UI main screen appears but I am unable to move about or click anything and there is yellow text appearing in the bottom left of the screening, showing FRAMES and the number is constantly building up.
I've tried rebooting the hardware, closed and re-opening the software, deleting RetroArch and re-downloading the VPK (the Vita option on the official site) and installing it again. VitaShell and h-encore (HENkaku) are the latest versions. 
Other emulations are working fine on the kit, but for some reason RetroArch is being weird. All Vita games are loading fine, after running HENkaku.
This is what I see, only way to come out of it, is to click the PS button and hard close the app:

https://i.imgur.com/eHJuLiy.jpg

Checked AutoPlugin and there are no new updates I need to get.
Any help would be grateful

• 3 weeks later...

I did the SD2VITA thing last week and since then i have found a new lease of light for my Vita my ex got me a few years ago.

With the 128GB i don't have to download one game from the store to install another meaning i am spending sometime playing through things besides Persona 4 Golden.

It's a bit of a pain when i want to play a lot of my Asian fighting games as i have to take the SD2VITA out and use the Official Memory card in the slot which sometimes causes the vita to shit its pants and stop all my other mods from working however a simple full power down seems to fix this. 

I think it's well worth the £14 i paid on Amazon to get the gear to get the mod working. 

On 04/07/2019 at 20:33, grounded_dreams said:

Wonder if anyone can help with a issue Im having with RetroArch.
It has been working fine for ages but today (after I replaced the battery) its not playing ball. Everytime I try and launch it now, the UI main screen appears but I am unable to move about or click anything and there is yellow text appearing in the bottom left of the screening, showing FRAMES and the number is constantly building up.
I've tried rebooting the hardware, closed and re-opening the software, deleting RetroArch and re-downloading the VPK (the Vita option on the official site) and installing it again. VitaShell and h-encore (HENkaku) are the latest versions. 
Other emulations are working fine on the kit, but for some reason RetroArch is being weird. All Vita games are loading fine, after running HENkaku.
This is what I see, only way to come out of it, is to click the PS button and hard close the app:

https://i.imgur.com/eHJuLiy.jpg

Checked AutoPlugin and there are no new updates I need to get.
Any help would be grateful

Did you ever get this sorted?

I've not tried retroarch myself but looking at the place where i got all my stuff for SD2VITA they are saying that you run into errors if you delete one version and move to another. A couple of the issues i had with my SD2VITA is that the config.txt file wasn't correctly listed so it wasn't running correctly don't know if that's worth looking at in your case. 

13 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

I did the SD2VITA thing last week and since then i have found a new lease of light for my Vita my ex got me a few years ago.

With the 128GB i don't have to download one game from the store to install another meaning i am spending sometime playing through things besides Persona 4 Golden.

It's a bit of a pain when i want to play a lot of my Asian fighting games as i have to take the SD2VITA out and use the Official Memory card in the slot which sometimes causes the vita to shit its pants and stop all my other mods from working however a simple full power down seems to fix this. 

I think it's well worth the £14 i paid on Amazon to get the gear to get the mod working. 

Might I ask what the £14 was for? Getting tempted by this now that the Vita releases have died off.

Not sure what the £14 they mentions is for. The SD2VITA PSV Micro SD Card Adapter is only around £5. Maybe it was the 128GB micro SD card, they are currently more than £14 (cheapest I can see atm is £17)  but they may have picked one up cheaper on sale as part of the Amazon Prime deal.

Just a guess :)

Just make sure to get the latest version of SD2Vita, that comes in a game shell instead of the original version that was just a PCB, they'll both work, but for what is likely to be an extra £1, it makes life a lot easier in the future :)

Sorry, i've not had a chance to come back to this today.

I paid £6 for the SD2VITA 5.0 adapter and the rest was the cost of the San disk Class 10 card which i order same day delivery from Amazon Prime.

I can try to screen shot the order on my phone and post it, if people want the exact one. 

Be careful with the SD2VITA 5.0 adapters as apparently there's a load of cheaply made ones that don't fit correctly in the slot etc so it can't be closed. 

Got my SD2VITA last week too  :)   I used an ebay seller with a good feedback rating. 

The whole process started when I bought Gradius Gaiden (PSP) off the store, not realising it's no longer compatible with Vita.  So, after rolling back the firmware and installing Enso, it has become compatible again, plus I can now play any PSP and PSX games on the Vita with near-zero hassle. 

SD2VITA was a massive bonus because my 16gb official card was just too small.

Followed a few guides online, it was pretty straightforward if a little nervy when you first start

I installed Trinity on my Vita which works a treat, but that was only for a few games, Ridge Racers 2, Outrun c2c and the gba emulator. I still use the PSP gba emu as it runs great through Adrenaline while the native one struggles. Rest of my stuff is PSN games on ps1, PSP and Vita. 

Thought about using Sd2vita but have 32 and 16 gb vita cards, I can have 90% of the stuff I want to play on those so it’s all good. 

But it for anyone on the latest firmwares, Trinity works a treat as long as you own a PSP or mini game from PSN. I installed the hack onto Where is my Heart and not had any problems. Love having a GBA emu back

Yeah, I have now got a Vita again, it is dead, just needing a charge, so need to get a charging cable. 

Hoping it is a low enough firmware so I can get it running as an emulation box again. 

39 minutes ago, Vimster said:

New 3.71 firmware

Pain in the arse but it shouldn't be a problem for long.

Hmm. So if I pass on the update to keep Trinity working will I lose access to the store etc? 

EDIT : I'm sure others knew this but without Trinity being used it won't connect, with Henkaku running using Trinity it's fine. Just downloaded Undertale to check.

Edited by Vorgot

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

Yeah, I have now got a Vita again, it is dead, just needing a charge, so need to get a charging cable. 

Hoping it is a low enough firmware so I can get it running as an emulation box again. 

As @Vorgot says, 3.70 and below are hacked now, and if you feel like it, you can downgrade once Trinity is installed ( it needs running each tim eyou power off with Trinity ).

I had a Demo / Kiosk unit kicking about the office, I spent WAY too much time the other day hacking it with Trinity, restoring it to a standard instead of Kiosk mode, downgrading to 3.60 and installing Enso so it's got a cold boot hack installed, don't know what I'm going to do with it, have already got a 3g, a Wifi, Slim and TV version of the sodding things, none of which actually get used now the Switch does emulation.

13 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

As @Vorgot says, 3.70 and below are hacked now, and if you feel like it, you can downgrade once Trinity is installed ( it needs running each tim eyou power off with Trinity ).

I had a Demo / Kiosk unit kicking about the office, I spent WAY too much time the other day hacking it with Trinity, restoring it to a standard instead of Kiosk mode, downgrading to 3.60 and installing Enso so it's got a cold boot hack installed, don't know what I'm going to do with it, have already got a 3g, a Wifi, Slim and TV version of the sodding things, none of which actually get used now the Switch does emulation.

Yeah good to know, once I find a power cable for it, I'll attack it. I need to replace an analogue stick too, so will do that once I know it is working. 

On 22/07/2019 at 11:32, grounded_dreams said:

Not sure what the £14 they mentions is for. The SD2VITA PSV Micro SD Card Adapter is only around £5. Maybe it was the 128GB micro SD card, they are currently more than £14 (cheapest I can see atm is £17)  but they may have picked one up cheaper on sale as part of the Amazon Prime deal.

Just a guess :)

I just got the frequently purchased together pair of

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SD2Vita-Adapter-Memory-Coverage-Henkaku/dp/B078WQJ66H/ref=asc_df_B078WQJ66H/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=218081924305&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2715923718891504519&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045874&hvtargid=pla-421713591344&psc=1

and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-Performance/dp/B073JYC4XM/ref=pd_bxgy_23_img_2/260-5226501-5344339?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B073JYC4XM&pd_rd_r=309afe1a-c987-4354-8674-8a2eda7a5ede&pd_rd_w=mqYmU&pd_rd_wg=pNkFa&pf_rd_p=07e3e597-b71b-4701-a3fd-d79c50f48406&pf_rd_r=HKP725PHX8K2SVBY79RK&psc=1&refRID=HKP725PHX8K2SVBY79RK

for £21 all in.

Now to find the charger...