IGNORED

Playstation Vita

Robo_1

• 2 months later...

I've had an original model for years, charging it very regularly and the battery will still give you a good few hours of play. I did once have to remove the battery and re-insert it, as the system constantly showed that it was flat. But it's been fine since then. You can pick up replacements if you want.

The newer models have  better battery life but the screen is not quite as good. Also they can be charged with a standard USB cable rather than the bespoke connector on the original.

It's a brilliant console though whichever model you get.

Vita games don't seem to ever be included in psn sales anymore(maybe they are on the UK psn sales?), which is annoying.

I had a vita since near the start and had psplus for years which meant I didn't need to buy many vita games, which was nice and all but also meant that even if I wanted to, I couldn't buy a game in the sales(did they ever fix that "feature"?). I ditched psplus a year or two ago and would like to pick up some games.

I suppose we can assume that they're probably never going on sale in any large number again at this stage and will just sit on psn at full price indefinitely?

18 hours ago, Elseb said:

Thinking about picking up a used Vita on Ebay, just wondering what I should be looking for as I've never owned one before. 

What are the batteries like? Can you buy new ones and are they easy to replace if need be? 

If you decide you want one I have 3 I may part with 1 of them if you are interested?

25 minutes ago, partious said:

Vita games don't seem to ever be included in psn sales anymore(maybe they are on the UK psn sales?), which is annoying.

I had a vita since near the start and had psplus for years which meant I didn't need to buy many vita games, which was nice and all but also meant that even if I wanted to, I couldn't buy a game in the sales(did they ever fix that "feature"?). I ditched psplus a year or two ago and would like to pick up some games.

I suppose we can assume that they're probably never going on sale in any large number again at this stage and will just sit on psn at full price indefinitely?

On the UK store at least, I've seen Vita games get frequent discounts, but not all of them and some, not for a while. What in particular do you have an eye on?

8 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

On the UK store at least, I've seen Vita games get frequent discounts, but not all of them and some, not for a while. What in particular do you have an eye on?

There's probably 15-20 games I'd pick up in a sale. Maybe I'll keep an eye on the UK store too in case there's a big sale, but the vita account system makes that a bit unworkable (already own games on the Japan psn). Maybe used physical games is the way to go for some/most of them at this stage.

34 minutes ago, partious said:

There's probably 15-20 games I'd pick up in a sale. Maybe I'll keep an eye on the UK store too in case there's a big sale, but the vita account system makes that a bit unworkable (already own games on the Japan psn). Maybe used physical games is the way to go for some/most of them at this stage.

Might be teaching you to suck eggs here but make a watchlist on the website and just check it each week to see what’s reduced. They often don’t list the vita games on the main sale page but there are always reductions

14 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Might be teaching you to suck eggs here but make a watchlist on the website and just check it each week to see what’s reduced. They often don’t list the vita games on the main sale page but there are always reductions

Didn't know there was a watchlist feature. Will do that.

Does anyone know if Sony ever sorted the whole "you can't purchase a game you already have through psplus" situation? I haven't had plus for a couple of years but I had a lot of vita games through it. Would resubbing mean I can't buy those games if they go on sale?

1 hour ago, partious said:

Does anyone know if Sony ever sorted the whole "you can't purchase a game you already have through psplus" situation? I haven't had plus for a couple of years but I had a lot of vita games through it. Would resubbing mean I can't buy those games if they go on sale?

It would yes. You can't purchase something you already have the rights to.

1 hour ago, partious said:

Sign up to psprices.com and get alerts when the prices actually do drop, see graphs of when the prices did drop to see if any of them ever do get discounts, etc. 

17 hours ago, stefcha said:

Sign up to psprices.com and get alerts when the prices actually do drop, see graphs of when the prices did drop to see if any of them ever do get discounts, etc. 

The graphs pretty much confirm what I suspected for most of the games I'm interested in unfortunately. Most of them were about 500yen in a sale in early 2018 but have been around 2500 yen without a sale since then.

On 26/07/2019 at 15:02, Sprite Machine said:

Firmware spoofing works for me (with the h-encore hack).

My unit's been dog trained by Sony not to even talk over USB, so I can't put MP3 files on it for instance. I've decided for no particular reason that if the PSN store stops supporting the machien and I get bored of it, I'll smash it up with a hammer as some sort of Pagan cult ritual, and leave it on the road to get run over by cars. My mate Starscream did much the same thing with his macbook when one of the mouse keys broke and just snapped it in half over his leg, like smacking a kid. Bad baby! No but thus far I probably won't give my Vita the hammer of Thor treatment, and would have to be amazingly more bored than I already am.

Spent the afternoon in a trippy, ravey bubble with my Vita. Paired up my XM3 headphones and played TxK and Geometry Wars Dimensions for far longer than is recommended. Absolutely sublime entertainment.

This Vita is never leaving my playable machine collection, no matter how much I love my Switch.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday evening: what started out as me checking that I had a working charging cable, and later reviewing my memory card content, turned into me reloading my endgame Persona 4 Golden save, running around the last couple of dungeons at level 99 and eventually taking out the last boss again. :blush: I think the wait for P5 Royal must be affecting me...

I was tempted to try and remote play the FFVII Remake demo with it as well, but I think things like the text size may be a problem... :P 

Picked up Mary Skelter in a sale a couple of weeks ago. Seems prerty good so far but I'm only early in.

Think I'll be playing P4G to tide me over to the end of the month as well, I'm right at the end of PQ2 and need my fix....

30 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Picked up Mary Skelter in a sale a couple of weeks ago. Seems prerty good so far but I'm only early in.

Think I'll be playing P4G to tide me over to the end of the month as well, I'm right at the end of PQ2 and need my fix....

A bit cheeky, but any chance ( if you have one, and the time ) of getting a scan of the PQ2 cover please? I've  managed to pick up an unboxed one and can't find a printable sleeve for it anywhere online :-(

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

Yesterday evening: what started out as me checking that I had a working charging cable, and later reviewing my memory card content, turned into me reloading my endgame Persona 4 Golden save, running around the last couple of dungeons at level 99 and eventually taking out the last boss again. :blush: I think the wait for P5 Royal must be affecting me...

I was tempted to try and remote play the FFVII Remake demo with it as well, but I think things like the text size may be a problem... :P 

In Classic mode it’s actually not bad but your eyes will hurt for a while afterwards.

39 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

A bit cheeky, but any chance ( if you have one, and the time ) of getting a scan of the PQ2 cover please? I've  managed to pick up an unboxed one and can't find a printable sleeve for it anywhere online :-(

Sorry, I sold my physical copy for a ridiculous amount when the digital one was one sale, so don't have the box anymore :( Sorry about that

On 26/02/2020 at 19:07, Vorgot said:

Playing Project Diva 2nd and Mary Skelter, my vita is a constant at home and on the bus. Still a spectacular console

How is Mary Skelter? I bought the physical release a couple of weeks ago, but want to finish Aoki Tsubasa no Chevalier, Operation Abyss and Operation Babel before starting it. And Dungeon Travelers 2 too. 

• 2 months later...

Late to the party but I’ve just bought a Vita, I’ve bought Persona 4 Golden, Dragons Crown, Lego LOTR & Virtua Tennis 4, are there any other essentials I’ve missed?

Anything at a decent price on the PlayStation Store I should be picking up?

Thanks all