Forza Motorsport 4

just tried the transit yesterday with a highly downloaded S class tune (and obligatory ice cream van decal), its superb, handles like a dream and i was taking on ferraris, lovely high view from the driver cam too.

I think the porsche pack is a car only dlc too far for me, I'm willing to stump up for tracks now but don't think I need any more vehicles.

I know it'd be a licensing nightmare, but I'd love it if for this or for a future Forza Microsoft stumped up big bucks to get the 1998 TOCA BTCC cars from each manufacturer in the game. It'd be amazing to race against folks in the Williams Laguna, TWR Volvo etc etc.

it wouldn't be that bad- they could do the same thing they do with DTM and NASCAR, just license the cars direct from the manufacturer and let the community fill in the paintjobs.

Late 90s supertouring pretty much stands out now as one of the few things you can't do well with the game's carset. the closest you can get is the volvo 850 estate and alfa 155 for a bit of early-90s supertouring. they've been pretty good this time round at including the right bodykit parts for cars with recing pedigree - up to the alfa 155 including different "DTM" and "BTCC" bodykits.

Yeah, some Super Touring action would be amazing :).

I'd be up for a DTM championship at some stage if you guys were planning one. Nothing like a bit of the ol' Merc v Auto Union Audi rivalry after all :eyebrows:

just tried the transit yesterday with a highly downloaded S class tune (and obligatory ice cream van decal), its superb, handles like a dream and i was taking on ferraris, lovely high view from the driver cam too.

Brilliant isn't it? I've been crying out for a transit since FM2 so great to finally have it. I tend to avoid public lobbies because it's always more of a destruction derby than a race but I had a lot of fun (and some respectable finishes) in a public F class lobby as everyone in their 107s and aygos were bouncing off my 2ton van :)

25aq6wi.jpg

This invalid lap business is ruining Forza. It's complete bollocks. Look at the top times and the reason they are so spaced out is that only a handful can be bothered to sit there for the number of laps before you luck, and it is luck, into a valid lap. Why can't they go back to the FM2 where you get a reasonable time penalty rather than ruining a whole lap.

This invalid lap business is ruining Forza. It's complete bollocks. Look at the top times and the reason they are so spaced out is that only a handful can be bothered to sit there for the number of laps before you luck, and it is luck, into a valid lap. Why can't they go back to the FM2 where you get a reasonable time penalty rather than ruining a whole lap.

How is it luck? Personally I've never found it that hard to stay on the track. If you can't stay on the track I don't see why your lap should be valid.

How is it luck? Personally I've never found it that hard to stay on the track. If you can't stay on the track I don't see why your lap should be valid.

Indeed. But he has a point as well, I too think the time penalty thing from FM2 worked better than the sticky trackside and invalid lap business these days. But it makes you a better driver I suppose.

The penalties always seemed a bit harsh to me, fair enough if you are taking massive shortcuts that should be penalised but if you put your wheels on the grass with no advantage I don't think you should be penalised. How does it work in real life racing rules?

It's not about staying on track but more about not pushing the limit because if you dare to use a whole curb you'll randomly get an invalid lap. It's worse on Le Mans and Nurburgring which is why hot lapping these is such a chore. You don't want to push because the slightest error, and it's not even really and error, and you're whole lap is ruined. The luck comes from the fact it's literally a cm between a valid lap and an invalid one most of the time, which when you are 100+mph in a car, is nothing.

Generally, as long as you don't gain a place, a shortcut's not an issue (and some tracks are designed to go wide - although not in Forza it would seem) but it depends on what the event is.

I'd argue that allowing small cuts just means the new racing line moves on to the grass and now you're left trying to luck a lap time on a more ill defined track, stick to the black stuff - or blindingly white stuff in some cases!

It's not about staying on track but more about not pushing the limit because if you dare to use a whole curb you'll randomly get an invalid lap. It's worse on Le Mans and Nurburgring which is why hot lapping these is such a chore. You don't want to push because the slightest error, and it's not even really and error, and you're whole lap is ruined. The luck comes from the fact it's literally a cm between a valid lap and an invalid one most of the time, which when you are 100+mph in a car, is nothing.

I've time trialled every track in the game and there are some spots which do have a little luck involved, but generally they're consistent.

And no-one in real racing tends to use the whole kerb every lap because it would knacker your car - if you just keep 2 wheels on track at any time you'll be fine...

The sticky grass can be a real pain at times, but again, it's only on a couple of circuits where it's a real problem unless you're trying to go rallycrossing on purpose, and if it wasn't there you'd just get people flying through the grass in public races every time, so I'd rather have the occasional harsh penalty than public lobbies which are just a joke...

Use the whole kerb at the Nurburgring in most cars, and you'll end up on your roof anyway!

Still having too much fun trying to post a clean lap on Fujimi Kaido in the Venom to care about if the penalty system is fair or not, my laps are only dirty because the thing is so joyously tail happy that I scrape its arse on some of the walls :D

Unless they give us at least one or two tracks they can go and spin. As much as i love the game i'm sick of this car based DLC.

Porsche or not. I'm not paying £15. You'll be doing the same again next time around and maybe then they'll be true HD in a race.

And maybe then i'll pay £15 for it.

Well they aren't giving anyone any tracks. What they are selling is 30 cars, 250 achievement points and some single player events based on the new cars.

It doesn't seem like much for the price but break it down and a 10 car pack costs 560 points which is 56 points per car. which is approximately 48p.

http://www.xboxpointsconverter.co.uk/

Now for your 48p you are getting the car model which can be painted, tuned, raced, photographed, videod, time trialled, drifted, upgraded with multiple replacement parts, played in single or multiplayer, with friends or strangers. Used for Rival events either specific or non specific. Driven around 27 tracks with 130 configurations (see spoiler), gifted, sold, shared tunes, shared in club garages, wanked over.

Now since the Porsche pack works out at less than 48p per car it seems like an okay deal to me.I'm not defending MS or Turn 10s strategy here, I'm simply breaking it down into what you get and what you can do with each car. Bear in mind that at no point is it considered necessary to purchase any DLC available for the game and that the initial product shipped with over 500 cars on the disc. All DLC is purchased at the consumer's own discretion and free sample cars are available to ensure online racing is not affected . So please stop your fucking whining like a bunch of little bitches.

1.) Bernese Alps

a. Festival Circuit -1

b. Stadplatz -2

c. Club Circuit -3

d. Festival Circuit Reverse - 4

e. Stadplatz Reverse - 5

f. Club Ciircuit Reverse - 6

2.) Camino Viejo de Montserrat

a. Full Circuit - 7

b. Short Circuit - 8

c. Mini Circuit - 9

d. Full Circuit Reverse - 10

e. Short Circuit Revers - 11

f. Mini Circuit Reverse - 12

g. Extreme Circuit - 13

3.) Circuit de Catalunya

a. Grand Prix Circuit - 14

b. National Circuit - 15

c. School Circuit - 16

4.) Fujimi Kaido

a. Full Circuit - 17

b. Full Circuit Reverse - 18

c. Stage A - 19

d. Stage B - 20

e. Stage C - 21

f. Stage D - 22

g. Stage A Reverse - 23

h. Stage B Reverse - 24

i. Stage C Reverse - 25

j. Stage D Reverse - 26

k. Old Hill Climb - 27

l. Old Down Hill - 28

m. New Hill Climb - 29

n. New Down Hill - 30

5.) Hockenhiemring

a. Full Circuit - 31

b. National Circuit - 32

c. Short Circuit - 33

d. Drag ¼ Mile - 34

6.) Iberian International Circuit

a. Full Circuit - 35

b. Short Circuit - 36

c. Mini Circuit - 37

d. Full Circuit Reverse - 38

e. Short Circuit Reverse - 39

f. Mini Circuit Reverse - 40

7.) Indianapolis Motor Speedway

a. Grand Prix Circuit - 41

b. The Brickyard Circuit - 42

8.) Infineon Raceway

a. Long Course - 43

b. Indy Racing League Circuit - 44

c. NASCAR Circuit - 45

d. Drag ¼ Mile - 46

9.) Ladera Test Track

a. Full Circuit - 47

b. Short Circuit - 48

c. Mini Circuit - 49

d. Full Circuit Reverse - 50

e. Short Circuit Reverse - 51

f. Mini Circuit Reverse - 52

10.) Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe

a. Full Circuit - 53

b. Old Mulsanne Circuit - 54

11.) Maple Valley Raceway

a. Full Circuit - 55

b. Short Circuit - 56

c. Full Circuit Reverse - 57

d. Short Circuit Reverse - 58

12.) Mazda Laguna Seca

a. Full Circuit - 59

13.) Mugello Autodromo Internazionale

a. Full Circuit - 60

b. Club Circuit - 61

14.) Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit

a. Full Circuit - 62

b. Short Circuit - 63

15.) Nurburgring Nordschleife

a. Full Circuit - 64

b. Stage A - 65

c. Stage B - 66

d. Stage C - 67

e. Stage D - 68

16.) Rally Di Positano

a. Full Circuit - 69

b. Full Circuit reverse - 70

17.) Road America

a. Full Circuit - 71

18.) Road Atlanta

a. Full Circuit - 72

b. Club Circuit - 73

19.) Sebring International Speedway

a. Full Circuit - 74

b. Short Circuit -75

c. Club Circuit - 76

20.) Sedona Raceway Park

a. Full Circuit - 77

b. Club Circuit - 78

c. Full Circuit Reverse - 79

d. Club Circuit Reverse - 80

e. Speedway - 81

f. Speedway Reverse - 82

g. Drag 1/8 Mile - 83

h. Drag ¼ Mile - 84

i. Drag ½ Mile- 85

j. Drag Mile - 86

21.) Silverstone Racing Circuit

a. Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit - 87

b. Silverstone International Circuit - 88

c. Silverstone National Circuit - 89

22.) Sunset Penninsula

a. Full Circuit - 90

b. Club Circuit - 91

c. Full Circuit Reverse - 92

d. Club Circuit Reverse - 93

e. Speedway - 94

f. Speedway Reverse - 95

23.) Suzuka Circuit

a. Full Circuit - 96

b. West Circuit - 97

c. East Circuit - 98

24.) Benchmark Test Track

a. Speedway - 99

b. Speedway Reverse - 100

c. Layout A - 101

d. Layout B - 102

e. Layout C - 103

f. Layout D - 104

g. Layout E - 105

h. Layout F - 106

i. Layout A Reverse - 107

j. Layout B Reverse - 108

k. Layout C Reverse - 109

l. Layout D Reverse - 110

m. Layout E Reverse - 111

n. Layout F Reverse - 112

o. Drag ¼ Mile - 113

p. Drag ½ Mile - 114

25.) Top Gear Track

a. Full Circuit - 115

b. Outer Loop - 116

c. East Circuit - 117

d. West Circuit - 118

e. Outer Loop Reverse - 119

f. East Circuit Reverse - 120

g. West Circuit Reverse - 121

h. Drag ¼ Mile - 122

i. Drag ½ Mile -123

j. Drag Mile - 124

26.) Tsukuba Circuit

a. Full Circuit - 125

b. Short Circuit - 126

27.) Twin Ring Motegi

a. Full Circuit - 127

b. East Circuit - 128

c. West Circuit - 129

d. Super Speedway- 130

Lets not forget that some of those doing the "ooh that's a bit expensive" bit bought plastic steering wheels that cost £300 plus to play this game.

massive facepalm.jpg

I've driven around 27 tracks and 130 configurations that we've actually driven around 24000 times in each game of the series.

Lets face facts here Boozy. I've bought all 4 of these games, and all their little updates and its cost me more then my wheel. Enough is enough.

Its not asking for much. So thanks...i WILL whine.

Its a great game but i'd really like some newer track content.

Face it?

Why pay £15 for these now when you'll probably get all these in the FM5 for £50.