Eve metrics closing

Archie

:(

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1427146

I've been trying to use evecentral instead because I don't know how to strike out trading on my own (other than just buying and selling in Jita, which though requiring patience is netting a steady income). But the contribtastic client isn't working properly. Doesn't upload anything when it scans.

I've also noticed lately that the trades evecentral comes up with are total bullshit. Sell prices way higher than they are according to EC, and buy prices way lower. I know sometimes the trades will be snapped up by others but lately I'm finding it is the case with everything I look at. Are people poisoning the data?

I'm certainly noticing this with market behaviour in general. More and more things it's looking like you need to be spending hundreds of millions or billions just to make any real money. Isn't it inevitable, with people raising their buy prices by 0.01/lowering their sell prices by 0.01 constantly so they are the top order? It's like simultaneous inflation and deflation. Won't it just keep going until there is virtually no difference between buy/sell prices? Or is it balanced out by orders being fulfilled?

Last thing I am is nubile, but I've never pinned down the trade thing very well. I'm grinding away at T2 ships at the moment but it's still annoyingly slow progress. I've never had more than about 300m in 7 years of playing and I'd like to do better.

Last thing I am is nubile, but I've never pinned down the trade thing very well. I'm grinding away at T2 ships at the moment but it's still annoyingly slow progress. I've never had more than about 300m in 7 years of playing and I'd like to do better.

You and me both. They only way I've ever made isk is with selling and buying one item on contracts. And of course running guristas sanctums. 25 million isk a go they are.

• 2 weeks later...

There are still a lot of items that are profitable to trade in. I never traded in Jita, it sounds far too time consuming. I mostly trade stuff in Lonetrek and The Citadel. You can put up buy orders that usually last a day to several days before having to update them depending on the items. Sometimes I don't even bother looking to see if the my order has been 0.01 isk'd, I'll just update them all by like 100 isk or whatever from the wallet screen and check them properly after a few days or a week. It's not super efficient but it does mean less time spent faffing around with orders. :)

Lately though I prefer to just buy stuff directly from Jita, have it couriered somewhere else and then relist it at a higher price. There are some items doing this that bring in 30-50% profit and actually sell at a decent rate (although they won't necessarily be profitable for long). It's a bit slower I'm sure than station trading Jita but it takes a minimal amount of effort once you find some good stuff to trade.

Courier contracts are also good for making isk as Pulse pointed out to me. :)

Decent trading skills also make it a whole lot easier. The ones that let you remote buy/sell and give you more order slots are good. I think I can put up about 130 buy or sell orders or something and remote buy/sell stuff up to 20 jumps. I find that useful for sell orders where I can just remote sell stuff that's scattered all over a region, or perhaps remote buy from an out of the way missioning hub.

I'm not a good trader by any means and I'm not amazingly wealthy either but I find the trading I do a decent way to make money without putting a lot of time into it.

Eve Metrics was really useful though, shame it's going away. I think the orders went all out of whack because the site stopped people from adding new market data or something like that.

6 of us in the corp I'm in setup shop in wormhole space for a month in a class 4 with a POS and made 1.6 bill each and that was only doing sites maybe 3 times a week although shipping all the stuff out in an Orca was very squeeky bum time.

No chance of that with me. Morsus doesn't like it's pilots buggering of and making money in wormholes.