IGNORED

Marmite Game of the Year Award

Ryan

Marmite Game of the Year Award

This should to be an official award. Can we get Edge to endorse it?

Three new Videogame awards...

The Dogs Scrotum award for best overall game.

The Marmite Award for best game with half a happy audience.

The Steaming Pile of Piss award for the game the developers should have left on the back of the napkin.

Guest shinythings
No offence, but I hate all this Marmite stuff. You have the choice of liking or disliking everything, surely that must mean everything is a Marmite something?

I don't think marmite is a case of liking or disliking: it implies that you either love it or hate it.

But yes, everything on this forum seems to be marmite because some people can't work out that there is actually this wide swathe of middle ground where they could plant their flag. Nor do they have any interest in looking at the opposing side of things to see why others might think that way. But hey! That's internerds for you.

But yes, everything on this forum seems to be marmite because some people can't work out that there is actually this wide swathe of middle ground where they could plant their flag. Nor do they have any interest in looking at the opposing side of things to see why others might think that way. But hey! That's internerds for you.

Indeed - people are too quick to jump to the extremes of love and hate with their opinions of something.

LOVE-x-----------------------------------------------HATE

LOVE-----------------------------------------------x-HATE

Look how much middle ground you're missing out on! :)

I'd have thoght Mariokart: Double Dash was the marmite game of the year judging by the number of love/hate topics

Nah, MK:DD is a fantastic game, the only reason some people are having a go at it is because they're changing their opinions to match with Edge. Coz it's cool to agree with Edge's opinion.

I'd have thoght Mariokart: Double Dash was the marmite game of the year judging by the number of love/hate topics

Nah, MK:DD is a fantastic game, the only reason some people are having a go at it is because they're changing their opinions to match with Edge. Coz it's cool to agree with Edge's opinion.

4/10

Must try harder.

I bought my opinion way before I read the Edge review and saw the score.

I think they stole their opinion of it from me.

I'll be wanting it back, I will.

(And isn't it cool not to agree with Edge now? I've lost track of this playground popularity thang, you see.)

KotOR is rather spiffing, isn't it? sure it looks average, and has the occasional bouts of 'solidity bother'. but it has depth and massive playability. i'm in the middle of playing it again, and i have turned up another 3 or 4 sub-quests which i missed first time around. *SPOILER*the one with the 'mysterious box', which turns out to be a prison, was excellent. completely unforseen and a good distraction*SPOILER*.

also, i just cannot turn to the Dark Side. i'm always trying to set people free, giving shit swoop racers piles of cash, or convincing Sith to run off and join the Jedi. because being bad just feels wrong to me. bizarre, i know.

and isn't Marmite the gooey paste they scrape off the floors of slaughterhouses?