IGNORED

Do you read about Games....

Doppleganger

I'm in my 30's now, and have been in love with video games since I bought a Vic 20 about 20 years back. I don't think there has ever been a better time for playing quality games, but of course I don't quite feel the same way about them as I did when I had my Vic and C64. Everything was fresh then, and I had more time and less responibilities.

I find myself reading about games more than playing these day. I still get Edge, and I find myself flicking through back issues of it as well as other old mags I have such as Zzap64 whilst watching a film or footy.

Anyone here the same, or am I just old and sad? ;)

used to be the case but then i set off on a crusade to finish all the games i bought but never played. In fact the habit was so bad i have 20 xbox games alone to get through. Bearing in mind i have a PS2 and cube as well. Thankfully the cube games i usually finish when i buy them as i really wanted them.

so not anymore but i used to.

I definitely do...

But that's more because I'm forced to do so.

The last couple of years, I get these really horrible headaches when I play games and I start to get dizzy and nauseous... :-(

the only remedy is a shitload of alchol, but I can't do that every day :lol:

so this is seriously limiting my gaming time...

Nah, I definitely play more these days. I subscribed to Edge but it just bores me at the moment. I read the columns, the odd preview and the reviews then chuck it. Recently I've bought KOTOR, PGR2 and MK:DD so far I've spent 40 hours on those in the last couple of months. I use this forum a lot but I mainly lark around in OT and try to get questions answered in Ask the forum.

It would have been true had it not been for cm4/cm0304, as I'm usually playing that whilst reading this forum and other gaming sites. The pile of games for my console only played and tested once is getting larger every week though.

Uh, that is disregarding the fact that I have my own office. If the time spent at work reading about games is factored in then the answer to the topic question is a slightly embarrassed 'yes'.

I find myself buying games, plenty of games, and then playing each of them for a few hours, then logging on to places like this to find out what everyone else thinks of them.

I tend to buy games over a 1 week period each month (the week after payday :) ). This month, for instance, I've bought PoP, XIII, Broken Sword III, MKDD and Ikuraga. In total, I've spent about 8hours on them. But I've definetly spent more than that reading about them.

Add to this the pile of unfinished grade A titles, such as KOTOR, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker etc and I'm starting to think that I like the idea of gaming more that I like the act of gaming.

Or maybe I'm just fickle.

One day, I'll finish them all. (Not in one actual day, mind)

It's the buying of games that I enjoy. I like to get something new. Once I've bought it and spent a few hours on it, I tend to leave it on the pile with all the others. That's unless they have some sort of replay value, mainly in the form of multiplayer.

It would take me a year or two to complete all the games that I currently own...

I think you've just summed up what I was trying to say.

I've even been allowed my own games room by Ms Blue, with big telly, posters, sofa, beer fridge et al, and yet I'm still sitting downstairs on the lap top reading about them, not playing them.

In my defence, absolutley none of my friends are into gaming, so its not really a social pursuit for me. Although I do have the odd multi player session with some of their kids, when they come round. And due to the availability to them of most new releases, I am, officially, everones favorite uncle. Which is nice. :P In a superficial sort of way :)

In my defence, absolutley none of my friends are into gaming, so its not really a social pursuit for me. Although I do have the odd multi player session with some of their kids, when they come round. And due to the availability to them of most new releases, I am, officially, everones favorite uncle. Which is nice. :P In a superficial sort of way :)

Take what you can get!

(I'm in the same boat)

...and yes, I certainly read about them far more than I ever actually play them. However, I really enjoy preview/review comments and discussion and still get a measure of that youthful thrill when seeing screens or moving footage from a new AAA title, that I just gotta have.

Like fasteasyfree said - I enjoy it for a while as a bright shiny new game, then it goes onto the shelf and it competes with all the others for future available game time. Only the ones that really hook me will get played a lot in the next few months, but eventually I'll get my investment back in enjoyment.

I currently read a lot of different magazines whilst watching sport on tv. I also browse during ad breaks, so as not to have my intelligence insulted by screaming commercials.