IGNORED

Rift

Scruff

Ha, fair play to him then :D I guess with the Defiants being into technomancy, him being some sort of terminator type does make sense!

Yoor Pauldrons, greaves, cuirass, sabatons, and gauntlets. Geev zem to meee noaw.

Just had an excellent session tonight. My cleric is now officially my fave character (Love my Rogue but don't get on with my mage and warrior). I've spent the last 3 hours or so in Gloamwood. Initially I was disapointed it was another forest right after Silverwood but it has a totally different field. Loads of up and down. :) Now level 23 on my Shaman/Druid and I think I just gave myself RSI.

I think I've finally found a soul setup I like for my L14 warrior. Riftblade and Reaver. I seem to have enough skills to kill things without even needing to use a finisher :) More testing later

Wait until you get Riftsurge. They'll kill themselves before you've managed to get the freeze armour debuff off and a flamespear. Biggest problem I've found with Rift/Reave (I have a 37 one on Blightweald) is they're a little too good. It almost trivialises the content when you can do so much damage to mobs. I mean, once you have the 3% per kill you get a grp of 3-4 mobs, 2-3 levels higher than yourself, drop the reaver lifetap dot and spec so it spreads to adjacent mobs, then lightning strike them to death and you end up with two or three dead corpses to loot and full health.

Sounds good in theory but it gets a bit tiresome tbh :mellow:

[edit] I'm actually having more fun on my PvP cleric.

Riftblade/Reaver is awesome. Riftblade can be played like a battle mage. Slow them with the ice thing then flamespear them to death before they can even get close ^_^

That's my planned rotation tonight :) This early on it's all about killing single targets as quickly as possible anyway. There's time to get clever later. I put the two points into the advanced ice thingy so they take an extra 20% damage from my flame spear of doom.

Got really lucky at lunchtime too. I headed off to the cairn by the place you get the achievement for climbing the mountain and got a really nice blue helmet.

So there I was, just ambling into Scarlet Gorge when what do I spy? A red name riding a tortagon. I was just about to engage when I notice in chat " Hi. Please don't kill me, I'm only level 9!" :lol:

So being the good little God-bothering Guardian that I am, I shoo'd him on his way knowing that someone else will be a lot less charitable than I am.

So there I was, just ambling into Scarlet Gorge when what do I spy? A red name riding a tortagon. I was just about to engage when I notice in chat " Hi. Please don't kill me, I'm only level 9!" :lol:

So being the good little God-bothering Guardian that I am, I shoo'd him on his way knowing that someone else will be a lot less charitable than I am.

So so wrong, you should have smushed him into the ground and told him it was righteous and the gods will.

Phoned them again today and actually got some straight answers, the guy I spoke to said I'm looking at another 4 days before I get my character back as they've still got 13k hacked accounts to go thorugh and a week n halfs worth of tickets at the current speed they're going through the.

After an enjoyable evening with my warrior tonight shall be officially mage night. I've been struggling to find a spec I like there to be honest. For now I think I'm going to be elementalist. She's only level 15 and to be honest it seems to be the spec that's worked best for me so far. The problem this early is nothing but elementalist seems to allow me to kill mobs before I've lost most of my health. Very odd class. I tried Necro but it just didn't work for me. Far too much fiddling around shifting health to mana and channelling heals into the frankly rubbish pets.

What level are you folks at? I've been half expecting to run into you in Scarlett Gorge.

I was there last night, doing the event in the middle of the zone. There were some Defiant there too, and we kind of had a tentative peace so we could complete the Rift in the gulch. But then I saw in big red letters in chat, something along the lines of "All Defiants must burn for their treachery. Prepare to taste righteous fire!" and a level 50 Guardian from S C U M called Jaks came running in and slaughtered the lot of them :lol: The good fellow also helped us do the Rift in about 0.2 seconds flat and I got some decent blue gloves as the reward :)

Off to Scarwood very shortly but I will say, I'm almost positive that Defiants have more quests to do in Scarlet Gorge. Guardian saide seems to be over in five minutes.

Interesting patch notes for 1.1. Most of the heavy nerfs seem either because of PvP balance or directly aimed at the only souls I can manage to play without screaming in frustration about how awful they are. Interesting times ahead. I can't see me bothering with Sab once the changes are in place. You'd have to be practically in aggro range to even start throwing charges without 10 points spent. Odd stuff

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?137034-Alpha-1.1-Update-Notes-Now-Available!

If 'interesting' is a euphemism for complete and utter cock, then I'm in total agreement with you Flub. These notes are looming ominously as a warning as to what Trion really want their game to be. Homogenising the souls into the standard four classes, the gutting of certain classes due to PvP whinging (Sabs were not broke, despite the forum handwringers. They're a burst class with virtually fuck all else, but that doesn't stop people bitching about it) and removing whole choices of roles from callings - thanks to their super heavy handed 'balancing' there is no option of RDPS for Warriors now they've increased Flamespear to a 6s cooldown (7.5 if you include GCD) and Riftsurge is now a 30(!) second cooldown. And the only super broke class combo (Champ/Para thanks to the para bug of the armour avoidance skill not applying the described 5% but if fact is avoiding a full 100% of enemy armour) barely gets touched.

I really am at a loss at the moment. They're taking your choices of playing away and haven't added any content that I can see other than 'rebalancing' and bug fixes, which is not what the first major update should be about.

I'm just glad that I haven't subscribed yet because I'm really not sure I'm going to now :mellow:

Well not unexpected really, I knew sabos and RB would get the nerf, they were massively overplayed which is a sure sign of what's to come. Not a big problems for sabos as the highest dps on a sabo is melee sabo anyways and I think RB would have been better if you give them a cast time of 2 seconds for flamespear rather than a CD, their mobility was the big problem for most, I just knocked them back and perma CC'd them and stacked dots. AOE helaing also got a nerf across the board because it was making expert and raids far to easy, which I kinda have to agree, my Purifier was a MT spec healer with 1 AOE heal which could easily solo heal the entire gourp through T2 expert instances.

All in all pretty much a step in the right direction apart from maybe BM and champ needing to be brought inline with the rest of the DPS, still time for changes though.

That doesn't explain why Reaver took such a beating, and the fact that Trion are moving away from their promise that they wouldn't:

A: balance the PvE game on the PvP model

B: pigeon hole people into particular class/soul combinations

C: even try to make everyone balanced as it would be impossible due to the amount of souls.

I knew flamespear was going to get hit and they could have used a bit more finesse as per your suggestion, but other than people being perma-surged in Warfronts (which contradicts point A) I fail to see why Rift surge was given such a hefty cd; especially as it's meant to scale like shit at 50.

I guess I've just lost faith with MMO developers and all their spiel. I actually thought Trion were going to be different as the betas were much more rounded but you live and learn I guess. WAR ver.2 here we come.

If 'interesting' is a euphemism for complete and utter cock, then I'm in total agreement with you Flub.

Yeah. Pretty much. I think Trion have fallen into the MMO trap that Blizzard are currently in and are only focussing on the endgame. Forgetting almost totally those people down in the low end who are about to get butthurt. I can't see me playing my L22 Sab with those changes to be honest and while my Riftblade/Reaver can probably manage without bothing with flamespear it just feels a bit like the flavour is leaking out. I am looking forward to seeing how my mage changes. Currently a Necro/Warlock/Chloromancer. Using the DPS necro pet I'm sat there for most of the fight at melee range but due to the massive amount of green numbers flying up the screen I end the fight with full health (And 99% mana). But that's the only mage combo I've been able to work for me (L16 currently). Low levels are very hard to get a working character for. Everything seems to take so long to kill.

It doesn't help that a lot of this stuff is so obviously a reaction to PvP problems either.

The big problem with the Sab that I can see is expert bosses are not very melee friendly, seriously the ones that do AOE which is 90% we have everyone go ranged, they do huge AOE cleaves front and back that hit for about 5k and anything other than a tank will pretty much die, the new Sab range is within that cleave AOE range so sabs will be useless for endgame instances compared to their other ranged souls.