Kindle shop Recommendations

Matthew Syed's Black Box Thinking is today's Kindle deal. I thought it was a brilliant, brilliant book - genuinely changed my outlook on life.

Related claim to (non) fame: I almost played Syed at table tennis as a kid, but in the end it was a dead rubber so our match wasn't played. I suspect he may have beaten me. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Talvalin said:

So what price were both listed as for you? I didn't get any such email, and a seemingly random selection of Pratchett books are showing at £3.99 (including Night Watch, but not Jingo for reasons....).

£2.99 for Jingo, £2.39 for Nightwatch

image.png.da3b24fcf965f8126bd10f6893ae8373.png

• 2 weeks later...

For 99p I'm sure you'll live even if you hate it! Ghostwritten and Number9dream are awesome, I also love Cloud Atlas. After that they got a bit different in style but I've always found something to enjoy. And it's always fun spotting the "David Mitchell connected universe" threads that join them all up. Looking forward to giving this one a go, even though the theme hasn't drawn me in until it got this cheap.

Thanks guys. Believe me, it's not me being a scrooge. Almost the opposite - I've been buying so many Kindle books at that price or a few price more recently, I've got too many to read! Wasn't sure if I wanted to add one to that list, but on your recommendations, I've gone for it.

I hear you there. I think if I stopped buying Kindle books entirely it would take me about ten years to read my backlog. But I won’t. I basically read a book a fortnight but buy one a week :unsure::lol:

1 hour ago, MrPogo said:

I hear you there. I think if I stopped buying Kindle books entirely it would take me about ten years to read my backlog. But I won’t. I basically read a book a fortnight but buy one a week :unsure::lol:

I’m so glad it’s not just me...

I just can’t resist something at 99p which sounds like it might be good! And because I keep buying them it’s pretty much the case that unless they get read in the first few months it’s never going to happen; my Kindle displays the most recently purchased books first and I only ever go back two or three pages through the archive before I find one that makes me think “I’ll read that next”, so the one I bought longer ago don’t stand a chance!

I have even ended up buying ones that I have in physical format. I've still got all my old David Gemmells for example, and had started to read through them. I've now also picked up a bunch at 99p so I can read them when I'm out and about.

I started reading Michael Connelly after loving the Bosch TV show. I bought the first book in physical format, then saw how many others he had across his different series, and started getting them on Kindle instead!