Kindle shop Recommendations

choddo

5 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Thanks comrade - I clicked the link and it told me I bought it in 2018! Time to read it again I guess. :sherlock:

11 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Probably get Lies of Locke Lamora.  Remember reading Weird stone of Brisingamen at school and loved it, wonder if it’s held up?

I still love it. Read it again a few years ago. Definitely worth 99p anyway! 

The only good thing about that James Corden book is, if you see it in someone's house or you're given it as a present, you can easily determine whether you want to remain friends with them. 

Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty by Patrick Radden Keefe is 99p today.

The gripping and shocking story of three generations of the Sackler family and their roles in the stories of Valium, Oxycontin and the opioid crisis. Supposed to be a superb read. I'm currently reading his "Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland" which is brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Bushtopher said:

There are a lot of Matt Haig books on offer today. Not read any of them but have a feeling I’ve seen others mention them in here. Any worth picking up?

Reasons to Stay Alive and Notes on a Nervous Planet are both really good. They’re both fairly comforting self-help books rather than novels. I’m going to pick up The Humans and How to Stop Time as I’ve heard they’re decent enough. 

Counterpoint: I absolutely lost my shit driving to work one day listening to The Humans when it gets near the end and...

Spoiler

..."the protagonist" writes his son a fucking 20 page bullet list of self help bobbins that just went on and on and on and on. It was basically that Little Britain Barbara Cartland sketch. "'Have you heard of The Little Book of Calm, Lady Asquith?' said Lord Brooking. 'It's very good. I'll read it to you.'"

Properly crying laughing.

Posted (edited)

The Bitcoin Billionaires is 99p at the moment. A sequel of sorts to The Accidental Billionaire, the book that The Social Network is based on. It follows the Winklevoss twins as they try to spend their Facebook money but find it hard to get started as venture capitalists so they take a massive punt on crypto instead. 

It's a good, easy read. I felt like the author was trying to redeem the twins after the way they were portrayed in the movie. They come across as quite sympathetic and interesting lads. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bitcoin-Billionaires-Genius-Betrayal-Redemption-ebook/dp/B07H2L4CRX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=13MNI8MKZU93X&dchild=1&keywords=the+bitcoin+billionaires&qid=1625847457&sprefix=the+bitco%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-1

Edited by Silent Runner

1 hour ago, Silent Runner said:

The Bitcoin Billionaires is 99p at the moment. A sequel of sorts to The Accidental Billionaire, the book that The Social Network is based on. It follows the Winklevoss twins as they try to spend their Facebook money but find it hard to get started as venture capitalists so they take a massive punt on crypto instead. 

It's a good, easy read. I felt like the author was trying to redeem the twins after the way they were portrayed in the movie. They come across as quite sympathetic and interesting lads. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bitcoin-Billionaires-Genius-Betrayal-Redemption-ebook/dp/B07H2L4CRX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=13MNI8MKZU93X&dchild=1&keywords=the+bitcoin+billionaires&qid=1625847457&sprefix=the+bitco%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-1

£3.99 for me