IGNORED

Kindle shop Recommendations

choddo

• 2 weeks later...

£5 back in Kindle credit if you spend £15 on Kindle books by the end of the 22nd https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=21612023031. If that links doesn't work (as I've already activated it on my account) then you should find it on here. Promotion started on the 8th but not sure if it will count purchases made prior to activating the deal, so I've just bought £15 worth of books on my Kindle Wishlist.

To help some of you on your way, Pat Nevin's Accidental Footballer is 99p. Pretty unconventional footballer - spends half the book talking about all the bands he hangs out with and how John Peel was his BFF. 

On 01/12/2021 at 06:23, Stopharage said:

Ho, ho, ho..ly shit, there’s a few decent offerings this month. Now that Omicron has cancelled your office Xmas party, I’m bringing the party games to you, by adding some stinkers to the mix. Hunt away..

The Splendid and The Vile by Erik Larson Must buy - fully recommended

Garrett M. Graff - The Only Plane in the Sky: The Oral History of 9/11 Another fully recommended. 

Billy Connolly - Made In Scotland: My Grand Adventures in a Wee Country £1.99

Ian Dunt - How To Be A Liberal: The Story of Freedom and the Fight for its Survival £2.89

James Elroy - American Tabloid

Drew Karpyshyn - Star Wars: Darth Bane - Path of Destruction

Arkady Strugatsky - Roadside Picnic

The Trial by Franz Kafka

Empire of the Sun by J G Ballard

Hogfather by Terry Prachett

Toast by Nigel Slater

Neuromancer by William Gibson

Lily Allen - My Thoughts Exactly £1.49

Revelation Space by Alistair Reynolds

Bounce by Matthew Syed

Yanis Varoufakis- Another Now: Dispatches from an Alternative Present

Drama Queen by Sara Gibbs

Inverted World by Christopher Priest

Margaret Thatcher by Margaret Thatcher

Doomsday Book by Connie Willis

Mockingbird by Walter Tevis

A Scanner Darkly by Philip K Dick

Live and Let Die by Ian Fleming

Wool by Hugh Howey

This Is How They Tell Me The Works Ends by Nicole Perloth £3.49

The Power of the Dog by Don Wilmslow

Me: Moir by Vic Reeves

Stardust by Neil Gaiman

The Queen’s Gambit by Walter Tevis

Philip: The Final Portrait by Gyles Brandreth

The Dispossessed by Ursula Le Guin

Marc 'Elvis' Priestley The Mechanic: The Secret World of the F1 Pitlane

Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C Clarke

Troy Denning Halo: Shadows of Reach £1.99

Joe Haldeman - The Forever War: Forever War Book 1 (Forever War Series)

James O'Brien - How To Be Right: … in a world gone wrong

Andrew Ridgeley - Wham! George & Me

Flipping heck. I just bought most of these having popped in after getting myself a new kindle for a treat before Christmas. 

A new pile of shame has been built up already!

21 hours ago, Stopharage said:

£5 back in Kindle credit if you spend £15 on Kindle books by the end of the 22nd https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=21612023031. If that links doesn't work (as I've already activated it on my account) then you should find it on here. Promotion started on the 8th but not sure if it will count purchases made prior to activating the deal, so I've just bought £15 worth of books on my Kindle Wishlist.

To help some of you on your way, Pat Nevin's Accidental Footballer is 99p. Pretty unconventional footballer - spends half the book talking about all the bands he hangs out with and how John Peel was his BFF. 

@Stopharage so after spending over 15 quid what then? Where should I be looking for this £5 credit? cheers.

EDIT ack! just gotten an email. To anyone else that was wondering the credit will automatically be redeemed against the next Kindle purchase.

56 minutes ago, idiwa said:

@Stopharage so after spending over 15 quid what then? Where should I be looking for this £5 credit? cheers.

EDIT ack! just gotten an email. To anyone else that was wondering the credit will automatically be redeemed against the next Kindle purchase.

It also counts on any purchases you made from the 8th, even if the purchase was prior to you activating the offer. 

As soon as you have hit the £15, any time you look at a Kindle book it will show you how much the book will be with the credit applied. 

Munich is very good and is very shortly released as a Netflix adaptation and I hope ever jumps on Dark Eden by Chris Beckett…the first of a trilogy about the ancestors of ship wrecked astronauts left on a hostile planet without a Sun. It should be far better known than it is .

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing in that list that appeals this month, but I only got my new Kindle at Christmas (my last one died about a year ago), so I've got a massive backlog of all the books I've bought from your previous posts over the last few months, so for the best really.

On 01/02/2022 at 15:51, Ste Pickford said:

Nothing in that list that appeals this month, but I only got my new Kindle at Christmas (my last one died about a year ago), so I've got a massive backlog of all the books I've bought from your previous posts over the last few months, so for the best really.

No Milligan? No Gibson?

I’d also be all over ‘My Friend Anna: The true story of the fake heiress of New York City’, but I listened to an excellent BBC drama / documentary series about it a couple of years ago so not for me, but if you don’t know the story it’s fascinating.

4 hours ago, ZOK said:

No Milligan? No Gibson?

I’d also be all over ‘My Friend Anna: The true story of the fake heiress of New York City’, but I listened to an excellent BBC drama / documentary series about it a couple of years ago so not for me, but if you don’t know the story it’s fascinating.

Ah, cheers.  Not heard of that one, so it didn't mean anything to me.  I think I've already read both the Spike Milligan and the William Gibson books, but quite a while ago.