Kindle shop Recommendations

choddo

A QI book of facts for 20p:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Facts-Blow-Your-Socks-ebook/dp/B009FQSICM/ref=kinw_tu_ts_4

(although it's all just one liner things, rather than detailed explanations. 'Dogs can't look up', 'The last twelve prime ministers were all born on a Wednesday' sort of thing. Should be noted I made those up on the spot and they aren't likely to be in the book ;):P ).

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared is currently 20p on Kindle:

http://www.amazon.co...k_nLvmE.1KZX5MS

It's been on loads of best of the year lists so have been waiting for it to drop down to £2-3 as an impulse buy, getting it for the same price as a Freddo is lunacy.

Not finished this yet, but really enjoying it so far - so thanks for the recommendation. Hadn't even heard of it until now either.

The yearly 12 Days of Kindle has started again with at least 50 reduced books added daily. Some initial finds that I saw, if anyone else has any recommendations please post them :) :

Mark Forsyth - The Etymologicon / The Horologicon

Christopher Hitchens - Mortality

Just bought this as it seemed interesting: Cruel Britannia: A Secret History of Torture

Also, Life of Pi is currently only 20p

• 2 months later...

The Cthuluchick Kindle Edition is superb. For a while it was also being sold on Amazon, so you could pay by way of saying thanks.

Be warned - like some bands, you might be better off with a Best Of Lovecraft, rather than a comprehensive collection. Some of those stories are dull as dishwater.

• 2 weeks later...

WWZ isn't well written, in my view - quite a bland writing style - but it's still an enjoyable novel with some fantastic sections, that could have made a much better film than they appear to have made out of it.

95% of the sale looks like total shite :<

There's certainly some balls in there, but some good looking stuff too.

Pattern Recognition by William Gibson is in there, and it's superb.

I also picked up The Rook, which looks like the right kind of tosh.

Bought WWZ too - my brother actually gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago, but my sister stole it and left before I'd had a chance to read it. Perhaps I'll send her a receipt for the 1.19GBP.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...