Kindle shop Recommendations

choddo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's brilliant isn't it. I kinda feel sorry for second hand bookshops and charity shops as I don't buy half as many "ah, heck, for a couple of quid I might as well try it" books anymore, just don't go in them now. Actual new book sales I rarely bothered with anyway so I don't think the authors themselves will be down on their luck because of me at least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bill Bryson's Shakespeare biography has been reduced to £1.99, if you're into the Bard.

I knew/know someone who was/is massively into Bill Bryson, AND Shakespeare...so this is something they'd probably be enthused with! Though I think that it's a high probability that Sir Francis Bacon was 'Shakespeare'..?? Which is why I kind of avoid these biographies, unless it's a Sir Francis Bacon biography (though Bill Bryson would make this worth reading no doubt). Another biography, among others, fussing over Shakespeare of Stratford leaving his wife his 'second best bed' in his will. A bit laughable that it might not be/is probably not the same person who wrote the plays/poetry?

• 2 weeks later...

Though I think that it's a high probability that Sir Francis Bacon was 'Shakespeare'..??

Do you also think it's a high probability that aliens built the pyramids? Anti-Stratfordianism is fringe nonsense and isn't backed up by evidence, only questions that have the same ring as those creationist loons who say dinosaur bones are there to test our faith.

The Power of the Dog by Don Winslow is £1.99. I haven't read it but I saw it mentioned positively in the "What are You Reading" thread so grabbed it.

Genuinely amazing book, buy it now!

Thanks for the heads up, I have been meaning to read something from Neil Gaiman for a while now.

• 1 month later...

The first two books of Robert Harris' Cicero trilogy are available for £1.99, orbably because the third part is out in October (!!)

Imperium

http://www.amazon.co.uk/381/dp/B0041RRH7W/ref=pd_sim_351_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0HJ6C44NMEFZ2FP6BCTJ

and Lustrum

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0041RRH86?refRID=CK756EX6S1XP126F6HPX&ref_=pd_typ_k_sp_1_1_p

Great Roman political thrillers.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you also think it's a high probability that aliens built the pyramids? Anti-Stratfordianism is fringe nonsense and isn't backed up by evidence, only questions that have the same ring as those creationist loons who say dinosaur bones are there to test our faith.

Sorry I've just seen this! It's really not! (Anti-Stratfordianism, aka that Stratford Shakespeare didn't write Shakespeare) I will try and persuade you.

https://doubtaboutwill.org/

Baconian Evidence for Shakespeare Authorship

Bacon's 'Promus' notebook

Freud: “I no longer believe that William Shakespeare the actor from Stratford was the author of the works that have been ascribed to him.”

I don't think it can be proved completely obviously, but it is quite persuading. My position in regards to what you say is to just keep an open mind about it all. That's all. I'm not saying that Sir Francis Bacon definitely wrote Shakespeare stuff, but just read some of those links with an open mind and it's quite persuading. Especially the 2nd, and 3rd links. It's more about the truth more than anything else, rather being attracted to 'fringe' stuff, 'conspiracy' theories, purely BECAUSE it is 'fringe' stuff, 'conspiracy' theories...'hidden knowledge'.