IGNORED

Bob's Burgers

Luke

New animation from Loren Bouchard (Dr. Katz, Home Movies, etc.) about a family who run a burger restaurant.

I just watched the free episode on the US iTunes store, and thought it was pretty good. I used to love Home Movies, and only caught Dr Katz a few times, but enjoyed it when I did.

Here's a sneak peak thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zcdt1SQmdA&feature=related

(sorry if there's already a thread, I did try a search)

I really like this so far. Much better than the trailer suggests.

I love Bob, and the rest of the cast are excellent too - they seem like their voices could get annoying, but they don't.

I'm really looking forward to episode 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it's dipped a bit since the early episodes, but it's still enjoyable and each episode has a few LOL moments.

The cast all have an amazing chemistry, and Kristen Schaal - playing Louise - is absolutely incredible. She seems to relish the role.

• 3 weeks later...

I like this quite a lot. It seems to follow the twee, introspective style of american cartoons that are fortunately a million miles from Seth MacFarlane. Not that I don't enjoy some American Dad.

H Jon Benjamin is certainly getting around in the voiceover world. Whilst it doesn't necessarily ruin Archer or Bob's Burgers, I always seem to think back to the fat convenience store guy from Family Guy.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading a recommendation for this in another thread, I watched the first 5 eps of it recently.

Its a slow grower, further along the wackier scale than King of the Hill, which is the sort of comedy I think it shares most with. It certainly ain't nothing like The Simpsons/Family Guy/etc.

I wouldn't generally call it LOL much either, more smile or smirk inducing. Animation is a bit pish, but that seems to be the artistic direction a lot of these American comedies like to take.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought Fox were just doing there usual random breaks but seems like that is it for season 2, just 9 episodes. I was really enjoying it, it was on a run of great ones. At least it seems that a third season is confirmed for September/October.

• 3 months later...