Where do you live?

Figured I'd make my own post, even though it makes me look like a massively sad person responding to his own topic...

I live in Newport (South-East Wales), and spend my weekends in Slough, where my partner lives. Sadly, neither place is large enough for hosting games, so I fail at that - however, I am free pretty much all the time (hurray, unemployment) except on weekends, where I'll need a bit of notice so that I don't royally piss off my girlfriend. I like pretty much all types of board game (wargames, eurogames, games with many dice...) aside from CCGs. Oh, and I can totally travel, as long as there are rail links, and it's a sensible distance from either place (say, within one and a half hours either way)

Yes.

I live in Bletchley, next door to Milton Keynes - we've only got a small flat, but we're happy to host if folks want to come over and play. Also, if you bring beer, you can crash ;)

Will happily play anything (though I find war-games tricky on my brain). Be warned, wife *will* demand to play Arkham Horror.

I love Michael's wife already! She sounds awesome. :)

I live on the northern edge of Newcastle (the proper one not the small one in the midlands somewhere) with a house full to bursting with too many games. As has been previously noted this is all Michael's fault and I know he feels the guilt keenly. My wife hates nearly all games with a passion only equaled by my love for them. My daughter will occasionally have a short lasting burst of interest and my long-suffering best mate tries any game that I force upon him.

I keep meaning to go to one of the local boardgame clubs but never do and I also intend one day to head to Beyond Monopoly in York for a saturday of gaming.

Oh and this year I am going to Essen. :D

Edit: Games I like? I have a fairly wide taste but not really into wargaming. My Games.

My wife hates nearly all games with a passion only equaled by my love for them.

She sounds like one of my boardgaming friends' partners - I get on really well with her, but she absolutely cannot stand boardgames, nor understand why we spend any time playing them. Always feels a bit awkward coming to theirs to play, as it feels like I'm just coming to take her boyfriend away from her. Particularly odd as, as I say, I'm actually friends with her too. Ah well :(

I live in Swansea, South Wales. Salt and Flip newbies to the forum are also from Swansea, we played a few games off and on. I've got Settlers of Catan (with Seafarers expansion), Munchkin and Monty Python Fluxx which are the main games we've played (although I accidentally left them at a retreat centre near Evesham 3 weeks ago, I'll find the time to rescue them one day.)

Hmm, not sure whether to stick Moosegrinder, Salt and Flip on the list without them posting in here first - I'm just worried sticking people on the list without explicit consent might be a bad idea!

I live in Swansea, South Wales. Salt and Flip newbies to the forum are also from Swansea, we played a few games off and on. I've got Settlers of Catan (with Seafarers expansion), Munchkin and Monty Python Fluxx which are the main games we've played (although I accidentally left them at a retreat centre near Evesham 3 weeks ago, I'll find the time to rescue them one day.)

Aww man, Swansea's where I got all my boardgaming done, until I left in 2009 :( Swansea University was the best (or worst, depending on your perspective) thing that ever happened to my boardgaming habits.

Don't suppose you hang out with any of the people I used to game with? Without giving full names, I'm thinking people like Phil, Bambi (any of them, assuming there are still several), Marisa, Steve..? I'm mostly just curious as to whether things have changed much in the time I've been away (and also whether any of you are people I might know)

Oh, and realised the list mightn't be that useful for those of us with a rubbish sense of geography, so I've also stuck together a Google map to help check things at a glance - I've updated the first post with it :)

I live in Worcester in the West Midlands, and could conceivably host smaller games. My table should be able to cope with four players a long as the board's not too epic. :)

I'm happy to play anything, although CCGs might be an issue as I don't collect any. I prefer Ameritrash to Eurogames these days though.

As for games I own:

Carcssone

Settlers of Catan

Ticket To Ride

Battlelore

Zombies!!!

Battlestar Galactica

Arkham Horror

Prophecy

Munchkin

Summoner Wars (Orcs and Elves deck)

Le Harvre

Starcraft

I think that's it. :)

Ooo I'm in Cardiff and just bought a couple of games in the boardgameguru but haven't tried any yet (I'm don't even have them at the moment actually, they were delivered home to Birmingham but I'm going to pick them up this weekend :P )

I can probably host small games in my flat too~

I'm near Aylesbury (live just to the south) in Buckinghamshire.Unfortunately cannot host due to having young kids and a partner who has no love for any form of gaming. They all bugger off for the odd weekend to her parents so I could host when they're away.

I'm not really sure what sort of game I prefer! It's only in the past year I have gotten back into boardgaming although when I was a kid I was very into all things Games Workshop. Still have some of my games from that time but most went to a Scout & Cub jumble sale :facepalm:

My somewhat limited collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snakeboy74

I live in Letchworth, Hertfordshire. Finding time to play is tricky at the moment with a toddler and baby needing attention but I'd like to make more of an effort.

I'm happy to play most boardgames as well as any wargaming (particularly Warhammer). Hosting is definitely a possibilty in the future (I'm in the process of pimping out my new shed) but at the moment the kids make it difficult.

Don't suppose you hang out with any of the people I used to game with? Without giving full names, I'm thinking people like Phil, Bambi (any of them, assuming there are still several), Marisa, Steve..? I'm mostly just curious as to whether things have changed much in the time I've been away (and also whether any of you are people I might know)

Probably a different group, one of my mates is a Phil but he was in Swansea Uni between 2000-04 so I'd imagine that was before your time.

Aye - I started in 04, and while a few of the people I gamed with did graduate before I even came to uni, I didn't know them so well, and I don't recall a Phil in particular - being awful with names doesn't help, mind.

Anyway, list and map updated - we've a few concentrated areas of gamers, mainly the South-East (unsurprisingly) and, um, South Wales (oddly), plus a little bunch in the centre. jonnyalpha and Blunted look very lonely in Newcastle and Edinburgh, though. We need more Northerners!

I'm near Aylesbury (live just to the south) in Buckinghamshire.Unfortunately cannot host due to having young kids and a partner who has no love for any form of gaming. They all bugger off for the odd weekend to her parents so I could host when they're away.

I'm not really sure what sort of game I prefer! It's only in the past year I have gotten back into boardgaming although when I was a kid I was very into all things Games Workshop. Still have some of my games from that time but most went to a Scout & Cub jumble sale :facepalm:

My somewhat limited collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snakeboy74

Oh my god. You're like my secret twin but a few years behind. I'm warning you now that in three years you'll have nigh on 200 games, no cupboards left and a grumpy wife.:)

I could host, have hosted, but only if I can shift the missus off somewhere for a few days. Here's hoping.

and those Talismans of yours are worth a pretty penny. :)

Oh my god. You're like my secret twin but a few years behind. I'm warning you now that in three years you'll have nigh on 200 hundred games, no cupboards left and a grumpy wife.:)

I could host, have hosted, but only if I can shift the missus off somewhere for a few days. Here's hoping.

and those Talismans of yours are worth a pretty penny. :)

I already have a grumpy missus, a few boardgames here or there isn't going to make any difference! So far i've shown great restraint in buying boardgames and am not buying them at a faster rate than I get to play them. Though with all the bargains yuo keep posting i'm gonna cave in sooner or later. Android was hugely tempting..

Talisman is the one game that did get played every now and again in the past 15 years. I'm lucky in that I have 2 brothers who also enjoy boardgaming and it gives us a good excuse to get together for an evening. Much more sociable than videogames too. If we have a console night we dont really speak much as we're glued to the TV but with a boardgame we'll chat about all sorts of crap while we play and have a far more enjoyable time.

I have a friend who boardgames and loves computers a bit too much who lives in Walthamstow! He's not going on the map, though. So that's 2 people out of about 14 million. Not such a bad ratio... :unsure:

I'm still fairly green to boardgames after only getting into a few last year but looking to expand the collection this year, wallet permitting.

I'm on the Leeds/Bradford border (Read: Just inside Bradford but prefer to say Leeds as it's not got the same horrible reputation!) and hosting's probably out due to space/kids etc but I'm up for travelling. I did keep threatening Moose that I was going to gatecrash one of his geek nights but never got around to it :(

I've sold off most of my boardgames as didn't get chance to play them much, but I have a collection of miniatures which has been giving the removal men apoplexy. As my thread in Off Topic says, I should have been moving to Walthamstow today but as it is we'll soon be based in Woodford Green - that's one more for London.