rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Blunted

Boardgamegeek Usernames

I'm Stejay over there too. I'm a frequent visitor but I don't really use my account much though. The site is great for game info and reviews, etc, but looks terribly out of date now and I find it less than instinctive to navigate about for many things.

Totally agree about the forums, I think they may be competing for our "second cuntiest forum on the internet" status. I really just want to jealously ogle your collections ;)

The strangest thing about those forums, well one of the strangest things, is that they keep going on about how friendly and nice they are! At least we know we're a bunch of whining cynical bastards.

This sub-forum is an excellent idea and the number of topics that have sprung up in it is hopefully a sign that it will get regular use and be a permanent fixture of rllmuk. I no longer need to waste my time going into off-topic which is an added bonus.

Anyway on BGG i am snakeboy74

It's odd, I feel that this little corner of rllmuk already has more of a sense of community than the England forum on BGG!

The England subforum is so tucked away and of course immediately alienates the Scots and Welsh gamers. It's so quiet as well while the main forums are just.....I can't think of how to describe them adequately.:)

:hug:

This was a great idea of yours. :wub:

The England subforum is so tucked away and of course immediately alienates the Scots and Welsh gamers

I spent a good 5 minutes looking for 'UK' or 'United Kingdom', then did a mini-facepalm when I spotted England.

...and again. Read about a game that uses tiles. You can view your opponents but they can't see them. A whole page arguing about how they are orientated on the board as it doesn't implicitly say so in the rule book. Erm, surely you'd put them so you can read whats said i.e. not upside down, because that would be fucking stupid wouldn't it. No, its 'sloppy rules writing'.

I feel dirty for reading it.

Should we start a rllmuk guild on bgg? It's such a useful website, but I still can't get over the forums, ouch.

Was looking at the Notre Dame page. After playing it, to me it looks very possible to turn it into a solitaire game with a few tweaks. Sure enough, theres a great pdf uploaded. Its got detailed solo rules and an A4 page to use as a playmat. Awesome.

So I had a look in the reviews and theres a chap bemoaning the level of tactics. He said he'd played it 200+ times and would get routinely the same score blah blah. 200 times! I paid £8 for this game. If I played it, or any game for that matter, 200 times, thats a good game....

Not sure it would gain us much over chatting about things here. Guilds don't tend to get much traffic overall and you have to buy the rights to one with the geekgold currency. I do have a fair bit which I'd be willing to put to the cause but do we want to associate ourselves even more with the bgg crowd? I'm not sure I do. :)