IGNORED

Stars Catalogue

bidge

It's a place where you can spend the stars (points) you collect when you buy first party Nintendo soft/hardware - Nintendo put up things to buy (mostly rubbish like screensavers and wallpapers), and occasionally put up very desireable things such as the Gameboy Player and the Zelda Collectors Disk. But the cool stuff is always in short supply.

It's at www.nintendo-europe.com

In other words, it's a fake ploy to make you feel like you're wanted by Nintendo and rewarded for your trouble of buying their games and registering them, when in actual fact it's a huge waste of time.

Unless you want, er, some wallpaper, which to be honest most software companies give you for free anyway. :)

And yes, I'm bitter about missing out on the good stuff, as are a lot of people.

Steve ;)~

Hey now, there's some good stuff, such as the Miyamoto poster, and the er.... and the er....

The point is, I got a GBP and Zelda Disc from a shop like a normal person. The poster (and all those other things I mentioned) are pretty exclusive. The whole things still a pile of shite compared to the Japanese one. Gr.

I can imagine the Japanese one to be much more well-stocked and with a lot more fun stuff. One of our programmers went to Japan and it was the most wasted trip to Japan ever. One digital camera purchased, er, a free pen. He also strolled past many arcade machines he didn't actually play.

I think he's not doing his job for the games. Grrrr. I'm going next year just to show him how to "do Japan". I'd probably get arrested, mind.... :)

Steve ;)~

See? Surely if they were just allowing you to buy physical stuff with your stars, it would be a much nicer sentiment. I freaked out when I heard that soon there would be physical items of all my favourite videogame characters... I shouldn't of got excited though.

NoE need to give me more faith in them by offering something funky, wearable or put-on-top-of-my-already-cluttered-monitorable but offering enough of them to go around. That would be ace. Mario toy in Santa outfit?

Steve :)~