The 2011 Rllmuk Academy Awards Pool

Darragh

Rather than starting a new thread I may as well ask here, where can we watch The Oscars if we don't have Sky??

My American lady-friend was incredulous that it was blocked from normal TV as in her words, it's just a giant promotion for the movie business so if it's not seen by as wide an audience as possible what's the point?

Done! Almost there, folks! Just trying to collect the last voucher from therearerules, and get the picks of Futch and OMGJones. Even if we don't get another entrant by the end of the day, we've still got an impressive £60 in the prize pool!

After I've sent in my picks (I've got a terrible habit on this forum already of leaving things until as late as possible) I'm going to bed for a few hours. I have to be up for 9am tomorrow and it seems pointless to try and sleep after the show when I'll likely oversleep.

This is pathetic - I've held off ordering a new video card just in case I win :lol:

Heh, I sat down this afternoon and filled my amazon shopping basket with £50 worth of stuff just in case. I don't rate my chances but you've got to keep the dream alive, right?

Submitted. Suprisingly difficult to pick some of the categories, and I may have taken a hell of a gambit regarding one film. <_<

Anyways, I'm off to bed so I'm rested for the show. See you lot in a few hours where I hope a good link to a stream has been supplied. :)

That's everyone sorted! Waiting to see if DeadRussian decides to sign up, and if any other latecomers feel like throwing their hat into the ring, feel free! Just PM me your picks and I'll tell you what e-mail address to send the voucher to. :)

Well, if the prize pool stays at £65, I guess £45 for first, and £20 for second? Or would people rather the top three get paid?

Maybe at a push, £45 for first, £15 for second, and the third place gets the fiver back? If not, I'm inclinded to side with having a bigger pot for first place than second, i.e. £50/£15 instead of £45/£20.

I like the idea of third place getting their entry fee returned, however it does detract from the excitement to some degree. I suppose we're lucky that this year it's a pretty open game in many categories, it's nowhere near as predictable as years past, otherwise we might end up with many tie-breaks for all three top places.

I see. So last year when I came second it was all "First place ONLY" but this year, where I inevitably WIN, we're suddenly giving prizes to second place? I can't afford Deathmoor with only £40 people!

Although in all seriousness I don't mind as I probably won't even come second this time.

:D That's because we only had 6 or 7 entrants last year! I'll send a PM to everybody at 10pm with 3 or so choices for prize pool distribution, and leave the vote open until the ceremony starts. Whichever choice gets the most votes will win!